z-ultrat massive warping

hi guys,

tired of abs warping i tried the z-ultrat to print a mold, but i'm having even worse result, it warps very badly, a lot more than abs+acetone..

I freshly calibrated the printer before starting to print and i also have the side covers..

what ai'm doing wrong?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqzufm2qdtwi9tg/IMAG2046.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8kgdua74a4d90s/IMAG2047.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2dprzs7ji7z4bwl/IMAG2048.jpg?dl=0

Are you using ABS+Acetone liquid on the perf. board? Are you using full infill, you may want to try light infill?

Are you using ABS+Acetone liquid on the perf. board? Are you using full infill, you may want to try light infill?

Same same....remove/clean/level perfboard, apply abs slurry with paper towel while board is warm, light infill.

UltraT still warps and so does HIPS.

Do you have doors/sides/top cover?

Try printing with no or 20% fan.

Its heating issue.

Start from checking FANS (lower could be checked by sticking piece of raft [its softer than filament itself]). Is it a brand new printer?

Hi, i'm already at light infill, and I also have side covers, room temperature is around 19-20°C. I used auto fan 

When I print with ABS i wipe the plate with a cloth wetted with acetone.

I bought the printer in october, since then i used something like 5 spools, i belive the printer has 3-400 hrs of printing, it's a v4

Hi, i'm already at light infill, and I also have side covers, room temperature is around 19-20°C. I used auto fan 

When I print with ABS i wipe the plate with a cloth wetted with acetone.

I bought the printer in october, since then i used something like 5 spools, i belive the printer has 3-400 hrs of printing, it's a v4

Only acetone? You need to make a mix of ABS & acetone, viscosity like milk. You only need to apply lightly. It works like a glue between the perf. board and the raft of your part.

When I first started printing with the M200, I had the same problem. Now it's a ritual or S.O.P. to first wipe the perf plate with acetone to soften the residue caught in the perf holes and then wipe the perf plate with an ABS-acetone slurry as outlined by Zortrax. Every print. Every time.

No problems since.

Hope this helps.

As told before, use ABS-Slurry (Fan should be off) and probably show better PICs of your object (or provide the STL).

You can upload here, no need to use DropBox.

It cannot be told from the pictures, but probably your bottom surface is quite massive. Maybe you have to print it with other filaments or change your design.

will it be difficult to remove print with ABS slurry?

I use the spatula provided with the printer however some of my coworkers, including myself, sharpen the spatula to get under the raft quickly. It works well to remove parts from a perforated plate quickly and without damaging the perfboard.

Also It's often much easier to remove from the bed immediately after printing, while the bed is still hot.

Nope, it's more difficult to keep your fingers if not wearing gloves. http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/1808-fan-grills/?p=22601 :ph34r:

Also It's often much easier to remove from the bed immediately after printing, while the bed is still hot.

Depending on the Modell you could break it easily or cause splitting if you remove it before it cooled down.

Depending on the Modell you could break it easily or cause splitting if you remove it before it cooled down.

I haven't had that problem yet, but ill keep it in mind. I do think some parts are actually less easy to break, but more likely to deform (more plastic due to being hot). I haven't had a problem with splitting except while in print, without enclosure but will keep an eye out

It cannot be told from the pictures, but probably your bottom surface is quite massive. 

It can be seen that the print covers nearly the entire surface of the perf board. That is an awfully big flat thing trying to stay straight. People the use the ABS slurry wash, do you have success printing something that big without any warping?

It can be seen that the print covers nearly the entire surface of the perf board. That is an awfully big flat thing trying to stay straight. People the use the ABS slurry wash, do you have success printing something that big without any warping?

Yes, something (mostly not all)! That was actually my statement was about. If this is a thin bottom layer, thin wall, rounded edge, probably outer pegs that can be clamped to the bed it could succeed.

But it depends on the design. If the model of the OP does not care for it all at once it will warp even with ABS-Slurry.

the item i'm going to print is a mold, i can't change the design that much. BTW i belive my printer have way more printing hours than i was thinking, since the v1 update i made 241hrs, and i almost haven't used it compared to the previous months.

also i'm noticing an increase of bending of parts in abs. I tried to calibrate the printer many times, but seems like that since the v1 update i can'g get very good results. Also it tends to have the plate very high, and when the extruder touches for the first time the plate, the plate moves a little bit, I don't belive that's making any good to calibration precision

This model can be improved much, that would reduce printing time and warping.

If you build a wall you don't put in one massive rock, but form it in smaller parts (bricks).

Also it tends to have the plate very high, and when the extruder touches for the first time the plate, the plate moves a little bit, I don't belive that's making any good to calibration precision

Tighten down all your calibration screws because it sounds like you are super loose which could cause printing issues. The plate should not move if the nozzle touches it, check the magnets for any objects that might be hitching a ride.

-NS

regarding warping I noticed that parts close to edge of perf board seem to warp more than if they were closer to center of board