ZGlass - Best options for transparency

Hi All. I am trying to print some small (40mmx40mmx2.5mm) disks. I need them to be fairly transparent. What would be the best ZSuite settings for this? From my initial tests it seems as though it's not possible. I have tried various levels of infill, various top and bottom layer settings, etc. But I get nothing that could be considered transparent enough to what I would like. I feel as though printing on a raft is partly the reason for the material no being transparent enough ie. Peeling it off the raft leaves a rough opac surface. Very keen to hear if anyone has had much success with Z-Glass and if it's possible to get better results. Thanks all.

now that you have the option to reduce printing temp, you could also give this a try (I printed it at 235°):

http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/2410-very-transparent-abs/?p=27012

Edit: getting the raft surface transparent is probably a challenge, you could try to print it upright (resulting in less part strength)

You may try XTC 3D coating

1324373_orig.jpg

You may try XTC 3D coating

this has been proven to get no long term satisfying results (fast aging, get's yellow) by many users, including me.

this has been proven to get no long term satisfying results (fast aging, get's yellow) by many users, including me.

noted, didint mean to misguide anyone :) 

noted, didint mean to misguide anyone :)

of course not.

All that users (including me) were eager to get this new magic material in their hands because the results look amazing good.

Thanks to both of you for the quick replies .

countdigit - I will try printing the object on it's side....I dont think I can use it that way, but I'd like to see if it looks more transparent anyway.

I have used this resin in the past for smoothing a model : http://www.easycomposites.co.uk/#!/resin-gel-silicone-adhesive/epoxy-resin/epoxy-coating-resin.html

Although you need to build lots of thin layers, and I'm not sure how it compares to XTC in terms of ease of use and longevity of clarity etc. 

Thank you Printz. The customer changed his mind on the material after seeing the above image. But I will look into XTC for future reference. Thanks again.

I use a tiny (cigarette lighter powered) butane torch to smooth the rough surface on other plastics when I peel them off the raft, maybe that would help with the Z-Glass?

Got the Glass, cuz I got every material, but have to say that's the one that I used once and put back into storage.  Not very clear or transparent at all...