Zortrax Apoller is coming!

Hi Folks,

We're delighted to announce our new product - Zortrax Apoller! It's a device for smoothing LPD/FDM prints. It works with MEK and acetone solvents, whose vapours affect the surface of 3D printed models and give a smooth finish to your projects. 

Thanks to Zortrax Apoller, the smoothing process is safe and fully automatic. Now, it's possible to increase the quality of your final parts and give them a professional look.

See more details here:
https://zortrax.com/post-processing/apoller/

I'm not sure if you guys are aware but I can't see anything on Zortrax.com when going through my internet provider here in California (xfinity). No issues with other websites.

This is how it looks like for me:

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 21.31.40.png

But it works on my phone on LTE (T-mobile). 

What does it cost ?

That's what we all expect !

I'm not sure if you guys are aware but I can't see anything on Zortrax.com when going through my internet provider here in California (xfinity). No issues with other websites.

This is how it looks like for me:

attachicon.gif Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 21.31.40.png

But it works on my phone on LTE (T-mobile). 

Try to clear your browser's cache. Let me know if this helps :)

What does it cost ?

More info on the price soon :)

I can't believe it!

It looks like the final price for the Zortrax Apoller will be â‚¬ 6.350 Euro!!!

https://www.3djake.com/zortrax/apoller

Have you decided to sell about ten pieces in the world during next 5 years?

Which 3D printing enthusiast will ever be able to afford to buy it?
Very very disappointed!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Oh my god ! They must be completely out of their mind.

They want to shift to business class printers.What's okay I guess.

But to be honest It took a long time to get to this point. I hope they will survive this shift.

The competition is not stupid and does build printers nowadays with the same quality or even better then Zortrax.

A few years ago I read something about Siemens......but I'm afraid it's the same with Zortrax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEzMLdOBdAA

I can't believe it!

It looks like the final price for the Zortrax Apoller will be â‚¬ 6.350 Euro!!!

https://www.3djake.com/zortrax/apoller

Have you decided to sell about ten pieces in the world during next 5 years?

Which 3D printing enthusiast will ever be able to afford to buy it?
Very very disappointed!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Zortrax Apoller uses our SVS (Smart Vapor Smoothing) technology that makes it possible to smooth models while preserving details and movability of prints. It comes with multiple smoothing profiles and works with materials such as Z-ABS, Z-ULTRAT, Z-ULTRAT Plus, Z-ASA Pro and Z-HIPS. Smoothing chamber dimensions (300x250x250 mm) allow to work with multiple models at once and advanced vapors’ circulation and condensation system allow to reuse the solvent for multiple smoothing sessions, which makes Zortrax Apoller extremely efficient.

We'd like to stress the fact, that Zortrax Apoller comes with systems that allow not only efficiency, but also safety of use. As the device works with both acetone and butanone (MEK), we've had to make sure that it meets the strict ATEX Directive. Vacuum system ensures that the vapors are kept inside the chamber. In case of any power outage, electromagnetic lock keeps the door closed and when the power is back on, Zortrax Apoller automatically decontaminates the chamber before allowing anyone to open it.

That being said, Zortrax Apoller offers industrial-grade performance, safety and efficiency.

The price on the Reseller's website includes tax. The net price is 5299€ which is adequate considering the overall quality of the device.

For many of us using Zortrax printers, the price gap is very important. Too important.

But maybe we are not or no longer the desired customers.

It's a brand new device and nobody knows the quality of finishing results.

Zortrax should offer us to print, smooth and send us one of our objects that we know well and have already printed.

We could then appreciate the quality and think more serenely about a possible purchase

After reading the product description it was quite clear that Z will primarily address business customers, regarding processing speed, etc.

The price tag seems pretty high for us too, hard to decide at the moment. For this amount we would rather go for another dual extruder 3d printer, e.g. from Raise or go for a Makerbot Method...

(sadly, there is no M300 Dual Extrusion...)

Aside a smooth surface, are there any other benefits? 

After reading the product description it was quite clear that Z will primarily address business customers, regarding processing speed, etc.

The price tag seems pretty high for us too, hard to decide at the moment. For this amount we would rather go for another dual extruder 3d printer, e.g. from Raise or go for a Makerbot Method...

(sadly, there is no M300 Dual Extrusion...)

Aside a smooth surface, are there any other benefits? 

Of course for this price you can buy another printer but you still need vapor smoothing to get glossy outlook and additional strength I cannot understand how topic about smoothing station goes to idea that smoothing station can be replaced by the printer, the only alternative for professional use is stratasys post processing machine which I can bet cost around 20k USD.

Benefits of smoothing - glossy sometimes layer less outlook, parts are much stronger - My experience comes only from the soaking and jar method which I do not suggest for more than experiment.

Of course for this price you can buy another printer but you still need vapor smoothing to get glossy outlook and additional strength I cannot understand how topic about smoothing station goes to idea that smoothing station can be replaced by the printer, the only alternative for professional use is stratasys post processing machine which I can bet cost around 20k USD.

Benefits of smoothing - glossy sometimes layer less outlook, parts are much stronger - My experience comes only from the soaking and jar method which I do not suggest for more than experiment.

Please do not misunderstand me. Point is, that the price tag seems to be pretty high for the common users, (And if you have a limited budget < 25k €/yr19 for some 3d investments, you have to decide well). So where are the overall benefits I can get, aside a smooth surface, explaining the amount of money I have to spend for that device. If parts really get stronger, this would be a valid argument. But such a change in structure would need some repeatable *controlled* migration of the solvent (I'm using MEK/Acetone driven CIJ printers on a daily basis, so I fairly know what happens with several materials and security measurements needed... {regarding *REACH* aswell}).

So, some words from Zortrax about such additional benefits would be great and helpful.

Please do not misunderstand me. Point is, that the price tag seems to be pretty high for the common users, (And if you have a limited budget < 25k €/yr19 for some 3d investments, you have to decide well). So where are the overall benefits I can get, aside a smooth surface, explaining the amount of money I have to spend for that device. If parts really get stronger, this would be a valid argument. But such a change in structure would need some repeatable *controlled* migration of the solvent (I'm using MEK/Acetone driven CIJ printers on a daily basis, so I fairly know what happens with several materials and security measurements needed... {regarding *REACH* aswell}).

So, some words from Zortrax about such additional benefits would be great and helpful.

Somehow you answered for the main question about price - ATEX directive, explosive substances additional measurements so far as I know ATEX have very tight requirements about parts and construction it cannot be builded by the cheapest offer from aliexpress and require special manufactured parts which can handle solvents and do not cause sparks and explosions and are approved by ATEX which mens high brands for high price only can be used. Sometimes only one small certified pump for solvents can cost half price of the apoller.

I think more informations you can find here: https://zortrax.com/post-processing/apoller/

The only what I can say now - this is sexy 'oven' I want to put hands on it  :D

7 Grand for a smoothing box!! Holy smokes, just build a vapor bath yourself and save super big!

The real reason someone is buying this is safety and ease of use IMO. I can’t run a modified rice cooker or a cobbled together ultrasonic Acetone priming system in my lab. I put in a purchase request… still waiting. If @Zortrax has a unit that could be had for US $2000, whether it is a refurb, test unit, whatever, let me know. I will buy it.

The real reason, is they are inept and have little to no understanding of monetary value. Sorry I just can’t dignify a proper response to this insanity. On a positive note attempt, please at least try to setup a proper vapor station yourself. It’s very easy, requires very little time, very safe; unless your half witted. You can thank me later and I’ll gladly take the price difference for a usable vapor bath you’ve built yourself and enjoy vs. the 2 or 7 thousand dollars and split the difference in the form of a thank you check for a quater that difference.

Agreed it’s possible to build a safe, cheaper system. I should have explained more on the safety aspect. There are rules in commercial environments that prevent people from making their own system easily(or at all). A system from a manufacturer comes with certifications, manuals, etc that can be reviewed by a site safety engineer.