Zortrax cheaps component?

I have bought recently a nice model of Zortrax m200

the V4 version for be more precise…

I initially got my printer without a piece like in picture ( figure 1)

The support send me quickly the replace part....but withour screws......but for now can be ok. i use temporary screws for now, this not the main problem. (figure 2 )

the new part its done by a strong alluminium as it should be.....

unfortunately, however, I have noticed that in all the other parts of this piece is made of plastic and not aluminum, and some aof theme to be near to broken soon...... ( figure 5 )

but all part of this printer are not in alluminum??? why i have a cheap plastic parts???? and the ball screw in the middle of printer ( figure 4 ) its a ball screw? maybe i wrong but look like a teflon screw..

Don't know about plastic parts on v4 but on my v1 they are still fine.

Ballscrew with nylon wipers is still a ballscrew, right?  ;)

Good, i have riceved confirm about ballscrew....nice.

@YosemiteSam u mean all your parts are in alluminium?

No, they are made of plastic but look different than yours. Seems they changed design.

No, they are made of plastic but look different than yours. Seems they changed design.

Yeah, mine is the same as yours but still working fine.  I just had to tighten the screws a little the other day.

On my v4 printer, the pieces pictured are aluminum, not plastic. The ones in your pictures look like aluminum. Are you sure they are plastic? Perhaps the quickest way to tell is to wait until the printer is cold (sitting overnight say) and touch the pieces. If they feel cold they are metal, if not they are plastic. Touch a piece you know is plastic (like the head cover) for contrast. 

The ball screw nut has a plastic wiper to keep the dirt out.

.......i think everyone know the difference from plastic and alluminium right? :P

im 100% sure is plastic, just the replace part its alluminium.

and al my plastic past on axis structure its very weak

.......i think everyone know the difference from plastic and alluminium right? :P

You'd be surprised  :D .

The Brits don't even spell it or say it right...

All guide blocks are Aluminum on my V3 as well. 

You'd be surprised  :D .

The Brits don't even spell it or say it right...

I used to think this as well, but sadly that is not the case. It turns out that when the patent application was submitted in the US they accidentally forgot the 'i' so it came out aluminum. So we are actually the ones that have it wrong. :P  

the "juyce" of the situation is some zortrax printer have part made on aluminium and some models have part made on plastic?

the "juyce" of the situation is some zortrax printer have part made on aluminium and some models have part made on plastic?

I believe version 1 and maybe 2 had plastic; my version 3 has metal. 

We have a V1 and a V2 and the blocks are plastic (almost looks like machined delrin).

Both print perfectly.

V1 bushing block was plastic, not many problems unless you open and close it many times, in which case the living hinge could fail. I'm pretty sure my v3 is alumin(i)um, but it's surprisingly hard to tell without careful inspection.

Ballscrew rod does not have "threads" per se, it has hemispherical races for the balls to roll in. If you do not have a ballscrew then the Z-axis rod will have an acme (square) thread. Plastic cover on ball housing is to keep out debris I think.

My general impression over the past 14 months is that when Zortrax makes changes it is to improve the product, not to make it cheaper.

All guide blocks are Aluminum on my V3 as well. 

I used to think this as well, but sadly that is not the case. It turns out that when the patent application was submitted in the US they accidentally forgot the 'i' so it came out aluminum. So we are actually the ones that have it wrong. :P  

That does not quite seem to be the history of it. Aluminum was discovered by a Brit, Sir Humphry Davy, and named by him "Aluminum". Some pundits in Britain objected as it didn't have the same "ium" ending of other elements being discovered and named at the time. In Britain they prevailed. Early spellings in North America are "aluminum", well before any patents where filed. So it is actually the Brits who have it wrong!  B)

That does not quite seem to be the history of it. Aluminum was discovered by a Brit, Sir Humphry Davy, and named by him "Aluminum". Some pundits in Britain objected as it didn't have the same "ium" ending of other elements being discovered and named at the time. In Britain they prevailed. Early spellings in North America are "aluminum", well before any patents where filed. So it is actually the Brits who have it wrong!  B)

Good to know! I'll have to rub that in my old gen-chem teacher's face if I see her again.  ;)

i have order all replace part for remove che cheap and easy to broke parts into aluminium parts......but im not much happy i need spend money for have something must be alredy original....

im sure can be nice also have the 3d model part for be printed to Z-abs, im pretty sure will me more strong of the original one

I see no reason why the plastic parts shouldn’t hold up. There’s no significant forces on them. You just have to be careful with the set screws. For me it looks like they were tightened excessively causing the plastic to break.

Yup, there are many v1's out there and I've heard of few if any failures of this part.

I see no reason why the plastic parts shouldn't hold up. There's no significant forces on them. You just have to be careful with the set screws. For me it looks like they were tightened excessively causing the plastic to break.

Agreed..It's not like you are milling through plastic or aluminum..You're just extruding a wet noodle.. :D

im pretty sure i dont have force much for tight the little screws ( i hope ) ....and the result was that......and im almost sure if i print that parts with Z.abs will be more strong of that plastic.