Zortrax M200 for sale

Hey guys, first off love my printer, was on board since Kickstarter and feel VERY proud to be a part of this community.  The company fulfilled every promise to me and delivered a top notch product.  This printer allowed me to make camera ready helmet parts, sci fi armor, camera parts, and all sort of fun gadgets. Unfortunately for me, reality has hit on the TV pilot I am producing and I need to raise funds to buy some very expensive camera gear.  So with a heavy heart I think I MAY sell my printer and ABS.  I figured I would post here first considering the passion and familiarity with the product. I have:

Zortrax M200 Printer (Kickstarter edition)

ABS:

Black: 2 brand new

Green: 1 Brand new

Blue: 1 Barely Used

Grey: 2 (1 new, 1 barely used)

White: 1 heavily used

Drop me a line if you are interested, I was thinking $1650 + shipping for everything.

Thanks again.

I'll do some looking around for you..

Hello

I like to buy your printer, l  already have one, how ever, I need two more. I'm busy till Wednesday, we can do it after.

I live in LA, California.

Dr-J

Cool, lets talk then

Did you sell your printer?

Not yet no, Dr-J is interested but havent heard back

This printer is still available, price is flexible, let me know!

This printer is still available, price is flexible, let me know!

What is difference between current ones and your (kickstarter ed) printers?

A lot of things have changed between a V1 and current V4 machines.

Platform, Guiderods x,y blocks, data ribbon,  among some other minor changes not noticeable at first sight.

V1 are still good machines, but price now can drop significanlty due to this changes and normal wear of machine.

Normal wear? You mean planned obsolescence or just cheaper raw material as to bring the retail price down? 

I know when you change some things to save money you get Kia instead of a Mercedes. ha lol

Normal wear? You mean planned obsolescence or just cheaper raw material as to bring the retail price down? 

I know when you change some things to save money you get Kia instead of a Mercedes. ha lol

So you mean that V1 is better than V4?

I can't say for Zortrax machines but in general the original is usually the better.  

Look at classic automobiles. They don't make them like they used to. You don't have good metal or even long lasting components on the newer vehicles because they want you to have upkeep and purchase new again. Otherwise they wouldn't stay in business. 

I am curious as to what ahntlia was referring to "V1 are still good machines, but price now can drop significantly due to this changes and normal wear of machine."

In my experience the cheaper you buy the less quality it is. So in my eyes if the machine drops in price on newer models that means they are getting cheaper materials. Now it may have the same strengths but there is a reason its cheaper. Unless the machine is fighting the market place and tying to get more buyers then there is no reason to go cheaper. Thats just my opinion. 

​I know I have a V1 and the only real issue I have with it is the fans don't last long. Which goes back to price and quality. It may be just they don't make fans to deal with that kind of heat environment and any fan, expensive or not will fail in a short period of time.

In todays market there really isn't time to test the longevity of products. You can run them through hours of testing to see the fail point but that doesn't account for real world uses. 

I can't say for Zortrax machines but in general the original is usually the better.  

Look at classic automobiles. They don't make them like they used to. You don't have good metal or even long lasting components on the newer vehicles because they want you to have upkeep and purchase new again. Otherwise they wouldn't stay in business. 

I am curious as to what ahntlia was referring to "V1 are still good machines, but price now can drop significantly due to this changes and normal wear of machine."

In my experience the cheaper you buy the less quality it is. So in my eyes if the machine drops in price on newer models that means they are getting cheaper materials. Now it may have the same strengths but there is a reason its cheaper. Unless the machine is fighting the market place and tying to get more buyers then there is no reason to go cheaper. Thats just my opinion. 

​I know I have a V1 and the only real issue I have with it is the fans don't last long. Which goes back to price and quality. It may be just they don't make fans to deal with that kind of heat environment and any fan, expensive or not will fail in a short period of time.

In todays market there really isn't time to test the longevity of products. You can run them through hours of testing to see the fail point but that doesn't account for real world uses. 

Would you recommend me to get that V1? I have Makergear M2 which is out of service right now and I would like to have a second printer I can rely on. Also I would like to get prints equal or better than my M2 has. May be to get a V4? But price of $2000+ with all additional costs of enclosure and etc scares me a lil bit

My V1 is still going strong. Over a year now!Print quality is still great!

I think when Ahuntila says the price should drop he is referring to the time used and that Zortrax may not be using the same parts, If they are cheaper now I would not know but the new machines are well built. I have 2 UP! plus machines at home (Just sold one so I am that much closer to buying an M200) One is the original Silver, it was a V2 (roughly 3 years old) machine and it runs great, yes it is heavily modified at this point, but the point is I cannot sell it for $1299.00 like a new machine. I could not even sell it for $1000.00 even though it works better than the current generations. By better I mean I can run most ABS, PLA, Polycarb, Wood, ect. things the standard machines could never hope to run.

In this case though, with all the high praise the V1 M200 is getting I would say the price is fair. Free shipping and all the material for $1600 is a good deal. The only problem I see would be when something breaks and you cannot get a V1 part being that most resellers only carry the current parts and limited quantity's of others.

-Michael

My understanding is the parts are all the same just different manufacturer from when they were first made with the V1. So a V1 hot end will fit a V4 and vice versa. Correct me if I am wrong but that was my understanding.

and Nok, I can't say whether it is best to buy the V1 vs V4 as I only have the V1 so I can't compare.

And I have only dealt with the V3 and V4 so we need someone with experience in all V1-4 :D

-Mivhael

I will have access to a V4 in a couple days. My buddy just ordered one. I’ll let you know…

Ok.. Just got done helping my buddy set is up.. V4 does have a few changes. The blocks for the X-Y rods are a different configuration.. I think I like those better. Mine still work fine but I get some resonance on my rods now. Can't really tighten them.. The "bounce" problem on the display doesn't seem to be there either.. Turn the knob it goes up or down.. On V1 with latest firmware you turn the knob it could go up or down. (a pain scrolling) Ribbon cable is a little different but no big deal. Also noticed the perf board is twice as thick with double the screws.. This will help will help with lifting..

Also noticed the perf board is twice as thick with double the screws.. This will help will help with lifting..

Hmm, I wonder if that is the style they send when you order a new pref board online.  I guess those of us with the older machines would just have to skip every other screw hole.