Zortrax M200 Not Turning On, PLEASE HELP

I just replaced the extruder head ribbon cable on my M200 Plus and now the printer will not turn on. I flipped the extruder cable and everything but nothing is working. The screen won’t turn on but some LED lights on the bottom of the printer are flashing. I attached a video showing the problem. I was hoping to get this thing fixed up this week.https://www.facebook.com/100000650188013/videos/3585129651518672/?extid=pdaGL34nCs9UFPuM

Hi,

We already replied to your support form. Please, check your inbox.

Best regards,
Karolina

Hi, I’ve the same issue, what did you do to turn it on?

Hi @Kappa,

do you own M200 or M200 Plus unit? Do you hear anything when you turn the printer on (fans etc.), or the whole device does not react at all? We would need to get more information and a video that iliustrates the problem, but if you have already checked all connections - there might be a problem with the power cable, fuse, PSU, or some component is causing a short-circuit. If you have M200 Plus - start with the troubleshooting manual. Also, either the USB, or Wi-Fi dongle might have short-circuited as well. Remove the drives and check if the problem persists.

Best regards
Karolina

Yes I have the same problem!!! I just replaced the main ribbon cable on my Zortrax M200 and now the printer dose not respond at all when I try to start it. It is just dead.

Wait, it is not completely dead, it is blinking a blue light from the motherboard.

WOW, and the new ribbon cable I installed is starting to feel super-hot!!!

Help!

Hello,

was the extruder cable replaced correctly? Since the problem occurred immediately after replacing the cable - I am afraid the problem may be caused either by the cable or motherboard. Please take some photos (of the connections - to the motherboard and extruder PCB) and send via support form.

You can aslo disconnect the cable from the PCB and turn the printer on - will a failsafe error (regarding the cable’s fault) occur instead?

Best regards
Karolina