Zortrax M200 Plus!!!

Hi, guys!

The new Zortrax M200 Plus is on its way.

It’s based on a well-known M200, but equipped with a new extruder design, new platform, and new Hotend v3, which make the device even more reliable. 

The icing on the cake - WiFi module and camera that will allow you to control your printers, no matter if it is a farm or a single Zortrax M200 Plus printer.

You can find more information in our blogpost: https://zortrax.com/…/zortrax-m200-plus-3d-printing-next-b…/

If you would like to be notified when the M200 Plus is available, feel free to complete the form:https://zortrax.com/printers/zortrax-m200-plus/.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask  :)

Hi Marcin,

thanks for information.

Is it possible to use the Hotend V3 on a standard M200?

I'd also like to know the answer to that question :-)

Or better a complete upgrade kit for a m200 to a plus :)

Can you show us a picture of the new hotend

Sure. I'll take one next week and show you the hotend and some prints from the M200 Plus.

Hi Marcin,

thanks for information.

Is it possible to use the Hotend V3 on a standard M200?

If you're patient enough, you could probably succeed in using it somehow. However, the quality may worsen as the hotend v3 is not dedicated for the M200 and not adjusted to this device.

Remember that not only the hotend is different but also the extruder block has been redesigned.

Given that, you can't print with Z-SEMIFLEX on a standard M200.

See the pictures attached.

Guys, do you want me to print something specific?

Pass me some stl files.

Hi Marci,

i understand the hotend v3 will not be easily mountable on the M200

but what about the complete extruder bloc+hotend ?

has mechanical interface and/or ribbon cable also been redesigned ?

an "upgrade pack" even without touchscreen color display and wifi  could be highly appreciated ;)

we can see that the nozzle is different : is it a nozzle compatible with abrasive materials (abs or petg + carbon or kevlar) ?

I have a question about the aluminum plate (and the heating plate) : I read that Zortrax will use connectors "pogo" for fixing the cable to the heating plate : could you say more ?

Is it easier to remove the aluminum plate ?

Another question : with the wifi module, will there be soon a Z-suite update ?

Will the communication protocol API be open-sourced, or documentation made public? So we can make our own tools to communicate with and control an M200 plus.

Guys, do you want me to print something specific?

Pass me some stl files.

How about The Jolly 3DBenchy for a test print. And not in white please.

has ...  ribbon cable also been redesigned ?

+1

I have one as spare part; so I'd like to know if I could use it on the M200+

How about The Jolly 3DBenchy for a test print. And not in white please.

Sure. I'll print one soon.

Will the communication protocol API be open-sourced, or documentation made public? So we can make our own tools to communicate with and control an M200 plus.

No. At the moment we don't plan to make the documentation public.

I read all the features :

It's a pity that zortrax did not think about installing a protection against power outages.

In my area, power cuts are regular ! And very long ! :angry:

It’s very anguishing to start very long impressions ! :o

Inverters are useless if there is no software or hardware protection in the printer.

@axel

How long is "very long"?

Maybe an USV could help you the vast majority of power outages, see APC Back-Ups series, for instance.

sometimes several hours !

Hi Marci,

i understand the hotend v3 will not be easily mountable on the M200

but what about the complete extruder bloc+hotend ?

has mechanical interface and/or ribbon cable also been redesigned ?

an "upgrade pack" even without touchscreen color display and wifi  could be highly appreciated ;)

I agree, an upgrade pack will be appreciated.