Zortrax Thermocoupler cable is on fire

Hello,
last time after 2600 Work Hours with my M200 V2 printer, stop the heating function. Then i buy Zortrax Thermocoupler and fix it. but after 3 hours at work, the cable is fired up by start new printing part. The printer start to heating the plate, it’s ok, than start heating the extruder and the cable for thermo control is lighting like a lamp and smoking. The M200 Printer shutdown and go offline. It’s ok, i chance Zortrax Thermocoupler new, but the same problem!??? What ist wrong? Do you understand me?

Thanks for help me friends

Hey there!
Heating failure can be caused by other parts, not necessarily heater&thermocouple.
It is possible that one of these parts caused a short circuit that resulted in burned heater&thermocouple.
I strongly recommend that you contact your local Reseller or us directly via support form for further troubleshooting.
Examine other parts and the printer’s motherboard for any signs or burn marks. You can also attach pictures of motherboard to the support form too.

I am having a similar problem. I replaced my thermocouple and heater since one wire had burnt out and on start up, I could not do anything and the new set of thermocouple and heater burnt out. how can I solve the issue. attached are the older thermocouple and heater, the white outer wire is the one that burns on both. please may i get help.

!

Hello. In such a case, just as Marta suggested - it would be best to contact your Reseller or fill in the Support Form (https://support.zortrax.com/support-form/). You will be provided with further help and troubleshooting. Please, investigate other parts (extruder PCB, extruder motor cable, fans, extruder cable, motherboard) for any signs of damage or burn marks. In fact, a short circuit could have been caused by one of the components plugged into the extruder PCB.

Hello @burnski @caie007 I have exactly the same problem. Were you able to fix this?

Obligatory xkcd:
wisdom_of_the_ancients

Hi @aandekant,

have you checked all suggestions provided in this topic? In general, replacing the heater&thermocouple might not be enough if some other component plugged into the extruder PCB is causing a short-circuit. It might be a good idea to swap all these components. However, without providing more information - we are unable to verify the root of the problem remotely.

Best regards
Karolina