Zortrax vs Makershed vs Other for m200 in USA and other first order questions

Any reasons to opt for a seller other than Zortrax directly?  This is for a M200 with side panels and I need the filament to be on the side due to cabinet restrictions.

Warranty info?

Will the printer have the latest version printbeds, hotends, etc or must I order 'upgrades' separately? 

Are the left side filament pieces print files available to print at home? 

Thanks!

Any reasons to opt for a seller other than Zortrax directly?  This is for a M200 with side panels and I need the filament to be on the side due to cabinet restrictions.

Warranty info?

Will the printer have the latest version printbeds, hotends, etc or must I order 'upgrades' separately? 

Are the left side filament pieces print files available to print at home? 

Thanks!

Order from someone else (Octave, Petermake, MediaSupply, 3DProShare) if you are in the US. Zortrax doesn't warranty their product, except for DOA, in the US market. The listed sellers add a 1 year warranty at no cost. Stay away from Dynamism, no warranty in US.

I recommend against Zortrax official side covers.. they look really nice but are functionally not very good. You can't see your part thru them and part accessibility is pretty poor as the sides are meant to stay in place. Even if you remove the side doors, accessibility is still difficult on the left side as the front door swings that direction. You need the accessibility to remove larger parts from the bed. Octave has clear, fully removable doors but there are others too.

Basically all Zortrax printers are the v4 version, which has all the upgrades. Just stick with major suppliers and you should be ok. You can ask the seller if it's v4 if you want to be sure.

And yes, the side spool mount can be printed

Perfecto!  Thanks

Order from someone else (Octave, Petermake, MediaSupply, 3DProShare) if you are in the US. Zortrax doesn't warranty their product, except for DOA, in the US market. The listed sellers add a 1 year warranty at no cost. (...)

I can confirm that Zortrax warranty outside Europe works only in DOA cases. 

I went with Octave which offers the see through add-on side windows, a 1 year warranty, and immediate shipping of v4.2... plus some bundle sales ATM.  Thanks crew. 

For those folks located in Canada, I recommend Octrom Technologies based in Halifax, N.S. They have a warranty and have been very fair with me in the past.

If you haven't operated the Zortrax yet, you might want to return it to the reseller and repurchase (even with a 15% restock+shipping)

There are apparently two different deals going on that just popped up unannounced:

1. Buy 1 M200 get other 50% off (ProShare3D)

2. Buy ~$2000 worth of filament, get a free M200  (direct from Zortrax)

See thread "DProshare is offering a buy one, get one 50% off sale on M200's"