Zsuite does not handle stl components correct, creates holes

proto_1_metlcd.ringExp.17.stl
Hi, 

I am rendering my stl in zsuite, when my single stl has overlapping components in it (see image below), these overlaps create holes (see second image).

So in stead of these being attached firmly, the print falls apart after printing.

I have tried verything (like flatten layers in meshlab, upgrade to latest zsuite) but my components keep existing and my holes are still there :(

Does anybody know how to merge stl components? Or make zsuite behave beter?

Normally I would merge the parts in Design Spark to avoid this issue, but somehow this does not work this time.

Regards, Rob.

dgkkn7.png

mrzhpl.png

check this one https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16802232/3D/proto_1_metlcd.rar

i did it in zbrush,but u can also use meshmixer. but anyway the correct merge of your shapes inside DSM should be enough.

Thanx for converting it! Printer is running :)

I just downloaded meshmixer and tested converting to .obj, but no success. So how do you do that? Is it the make solid option?

Merge in DSM somehow failed every time I tried. I have been strugling with this for hours!

Edit: just tested the solid option. It does work but also generates a large obj (85 mb) or stl (45 mb). If you have any advice you are welcome.

within meshmixer yes u should use tha make solid tool. and for better results use the accurate mode with 512/512 accuracy/density which will provide a cleaner but much heavier file...

i did it obj because i just dynameshed it in Zbrush. I could even decimate it so as to make it lighter.

Thanx, so after your hint I was on the right track :)

I used meshlab to minimize it.

Also, would be nice if zsuite would handle this correct, so I created a bugreport: http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?app=tracker&showissue=118

attachicon.gifproto_1_metlcd.ringExp.17.stlHi, 

I am rendering my stl in zsuite, when my single stl has overlapping components in it (see image below), these overlaps create holes (see second image).

So in stead of these being attached firmly, the print falls apart after printing.

I have tried verything (like flatten layers in meshlab, upgrade to latest zsuite) but my components keep existing and my holes are still there :(

Does anybody know how to merge stl components? Or make zsuite behave beter?

Normally I would merge the parts in Design Spark to avoid this issue, but somehow this does not work this time.

Regards, Rob.

dgkkn7.png

mrzhpl.png

Can you post RSDOC.. I want to see why DS won't merge the two..