Zuzanna Lamp

This was featured on thingiverse and it looked gorgeous so we gave it a try, another try, and another try.

First try:  support got all crazy and died about 1 day into it

Second try:  support got all crazy and died about 2 days into it

Third try: no support and it worked!  Only one small bit of separation but overall it's beautiful!

0.9mm, full, about 50 hours.

Nice. I've already downloaded the model and is the next on my list ! I think I will try 0.19 instead of 0.09.

Is this Z-ABS ?

wow! a 50 hour print!

(got any pics of the failed attempts?)

Looks great!

but w/ a part this massive and details so large, I think you would have been just as happy with the .29mm "fast" results.

(  maybe even happier considering your printer wouldn't be tied-up for 2 days!  ;)  )

Anybody care to try that with Z-Glass and report back?

Mike

Mike

Not yet!! :D

Mike

Ill have to tinker with it in the office next week and try this out.

-Michael

That looks very nice :)

I'm finding out that support is more trouble than help in most cases. It's so hard to get out of things and seems to be too strong.

Will be trying with light support mostly in the future just to see the difference.

Ill have to tinker with it in the office next week and try this out.

-Michael

Please report back Michael.  I printed some flat snow flakes in Z-Glass as ornaments at Christmas last year and they mostly came out well, but were only a few mm high.

Mike

Nice. I've already downloaded the model and is the next on my list ! I think I will try 0.19 instead of 0.09.

Is this Z-ABS ?

Yep - Z-ABS - there was a tiny bit of separation and odd warpage on one of the folds but overall very nice!

wow! a 50 hour print!

(got any pics of the failed attempts?)

Looks great!

but w/ a part this massive and details so large, I think you would have been just as happy with the .29mm "fast" results.

(  maybe even happier considering your printer wouldn't be tied-up for 2 days!  ;)  )

The failed prints were due only to the support - me being a noob choose support lite and had this really tall tower of support that wobble around and eventually came loose from the raft.

Mike

I returned my Z-Glass.  Jammed about half of the time.  I only have a couple of successful prints (very small).

That looks very nice :)

I'm finding out that support is more trouble than help in most cases. It's so hard to get out of things and seems to be too strong.

Will be trying with light support mostly in the future just to see the difference.

support lite was our source of failures in both failed tries.  It's very problematic in tall prints.

Here's my version: 0.14, white Z-ABS, 36 hours.. amazing!

I printed it as well. Worked first time. 0.14 layers, white Z-ABS, 35 hour print. I left the support on and lite box checked but it didn't use any support. Very well designed, plus it's beautiful.

Did one with .19 layers, nice too. And it emits some light in the dark even when power is switched off.  :)

More Zuzannas...

meanwhile printed 3 in different colors and got matching cables (cotton) for them and printed also a corresponding top cover for the lamp socket.

Now I have to think about a good mounting base for a 3 head pendant light...

Wow those look great! Where did you get the cotton cables?

I ordered the cables and the sockets here, but meanwhile found that cables on amazon too:

http://www.textilkabel-fachhandel.de/textilkabel/

http://www.textilkabel-fachhandel.de/fassungen/e27-fassung/

I used the following socket in white: "E27 Dach-Fassung mit Außengewinde" and put a printed cover with corresponding color of the lamp on it (STL attached).

Update:

Printed the cap with Z-ABS profile, 0.19 layers, MESH, no support no fan, random seem

Zuzannas, the final...

As shown in this thread I printed some of that nice designed lamp shades mainly for testing the printers abilities and different material (colors).

After printing the white one, I did the pink and my wife was interested in that lamp.

Had to print another one in green and we thought about making a 3-leged lamp of it.

After some frustrating prints with my real projects I printed two more lamp shades with quite bold colors.

And guess what, my wife decided to take this ones for her room.

I had the electrical parts with corresponding colored cables, everything needed was a canopy and some skeleton support to build a lamp.

The support for holding the shades apart consists of 5 parts (left/right cable support on top of the shade, left/right rod and coupler in the middle) that could be printed in different colors and just put together.

The canopy consists of two parts, the roof mount and a lid that is just put into the mount.

We will adjust the brighter outcome of the orange lamp shade with a lower wattage bulb, or just the other way round.