A trick to easily separate part from raft

I recently start to use a spool of Zortrax Z-Abs pure black and I have started to have problems to separate the part from raft compared to natural Abs.

The more the part is thin the more it is difficult.

Well I found out a little trick that helps a lot:

Just put everything in the freezer for some minutes or spray it with  a gas duster upside down (beware some have butane and therefore are VERY flamable) .

Interesting, what I normally do is get the palette provided in between the parts and push hard to separate them.  Tends to work fine but sometimes they get stucked either way and other times I cut my finger so I appreciate you sharing your technique.

Hi Luciagar, happy you appreciate .

Beware, always use a vice to hold parts if you plan to use the spatula , you can  harm you  badly !

I wrote it somewhere, but I can rewrite it:

I use pause (software, in Z-Suite) at 0%, so after printing raft - printer stops, raft is cooling down - then I press 'continue printing'..

disadventage? have to remember to put pause in Z-Suite, and have to wait to resume printing after pause..

I was having that same problem with the raf sticking after I installed my second fan that problem is a thing of the past

so you are saying use a fan on small parts ?

I do the same thing with difficult raft removal except I use and ice pack. I just place the raft with parts attached in the ice pack for about five minutes and then use my trust Zortrax scraper. 

Once again I will post this link: http://www.amazon.com/1678L-Resistant-100-Percent-DuPont-Kevlar/dp/B002FHEFS4/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1436981647&sr=8-10&keywords=kevlar+gloves

They wont save you from pointy objects like picks but they will save you from slashing cuts and blades. Always be cautions with sharp objects!

-Michael

So proud of my sons!

They listened when I gave them the advice "No glove, No love".

Think I meant something else but cannot remember what!

Yes now I use my gloves all the times I remove a piece, I learned the hard way...

About the second fan, is there a tutorial for that? Does it work? Can you control it from ZSuite?

Dual fan shroud is unofficial mod, so it's not supported in Z-Suite.

I can upload files of my configuration if you are interested: http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/767-dual-fan-shroud/?%2Bproject+%2Bfinished%26%2333%3B#entry20431

If the 2nd fan is connected in parallel to the existing fan it is in fact controlled by Z-Suite (bot fans work together).

If you want to control the additional fan in a way like enabling it or not you could add a switch or use an adjustable fan cover.

Does anyone have the latest file to print this mod?

I'm having dramas printing small gears....deformation on the left hand side.

Cheers for all assistance.

You can download the parts you need from Thingiverse for the second fan and you can get a fan on eBay you will need a 40 millimeter fan I recommend getting a good fan with ball bearings that will last longer

You can download the parts you need from Thingiverse for the second fan and you can get a fan on eBay you will need a 40 millimeter fan I recommend getting a good fan with ball bearings that will last longer

Cheers Clark.

I used the twin mount from Thingiverse and a genuine Z fan.

Difference in a tiny gear I've been struggling with is profound.

[url=http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/azadani/media/003.jpg.html]003.jpg[/URL]

[url=http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/azadani/media/004.jpg.html]004.jpg[/URL]

@Chris....would you guys consider trialling 2 fans at least??

It's not like it's difficult to do, took me half and hour.

I do believe you guys are serious about giving the "perfect print". This is definitely worth a look for your development team.

This is only a positive and constructive suggestion....please take it as such.

There is a very big difference between the two gears, I have had only but good results by adding the second fan

@Chris...

Please mate, an answer?

Would you consider referring this to the development team as an improvement?

I've tried other mods that were BS, but this really improves the print quality.

Too soon to be sure but I think it eliminates the black ash dropping in the print too....inconclusive at this stage.

I totally understand that this affects warranty, it would with any other product too.

Could you please just comment on this?

@Chris...

Please mate, an answer?

Would you consider referring this to the development team as an improvement?

I've tried other mods that were BS, but this really improves the print quality.

Too soon to be sure but I think it eliminates the black ash dropping in the print too....inconclusive at this stage.

I totally understand that this affects warranty, it would with any other product too.

Could you please just comment on this?

Oh well....

At least I didn't get a spamming warning I guess.

Hi, guys!

I have Zortrax M200 about month, printed ABS, now tried black Z-Ultrat, first problem - impossible to remove raft from model. With ABS I didn't have such problems.

Any ideas?

Hi, guys!

I have Zortrax M200 about month, printed ABS, now tried black Z-Ultrat, first problem - impossible to remove raft from model. With ABS I didn't have such problems.

Any ideas?

Maybe you accidentally used .zcode that was generated with Z-ABS profile instead with a Z-ULTRAT profile?

I cannot remember any difficulties when using Z-ULTRAT compared to Z-ABS.