Bad print quality.

Hi all,

I have attached a picture of a recent print…it is very poor quality!

I have noticed the print quality deteriorate over the last few prints.

I have gone through maintenance and changed out nozzles, but this has not helped.

This was printed in Z-ULTRAT, 0.19 layers, normal speed, normal support, random seam.

Does this look like my ribbon cable is on the way out, or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Regards,

Stu

Check if the lower fan is still alive.

Check if the lower fan is still alive.

Thanks Sam, but I just checked the bottom fan, and it is fine. ☹

It might sound silly but are you sure you have picked the ultra t profile in zsuite? just in case..

It might sound silly but are you sure you have picked the ultra t profile in zsuite? just in case..

Yes.

Share STL and ZCODE so I can print it on our printers. I suspect heating issues. 

Hello All,

I've got exactly the same problem with my Zortrax with other design and Z-Ultra filament. No problem with Z-ABS.

The M200 has the last firmware (1.0.1)  and a V1 extruder.

Regards

Onap

Share STL and ZCODE so I can print it on our printers. I suspect heating issues.

Unfortunately I cannot share this file.

I have ordered a new ribbon cable, so I hope it’s not heating issues!

I also still have hot end v1, and am on the latest firmware.

Also had problems with extruder temperature on my V1 printer after upgrading it to the latest firmware version. Went back to V008 and the problems disappeared.

Also had problems with extruder temperature on my V1 printer after upgrading it to the latest firmware version. Went back to V008 and the problems disappeared.

Thanks Sam, I may give that a try.

Thanks Sam, I may give that a try.

Ok, trying a different firmware after more maintenance didn’t fix the quality.

Does anyone know where to get the heater and thermocouple in the uk?

Does the v2 hot end come with the heater and thermocouple?

V2 hotend comes without heater and thermocouple.

I am not familiar with the UK, but here is the cheapest reseller of spare parts I've found so far in Europe:

http://www.3d-drucker-experte.de/weitere-3d-drucker/zubehoer/zortrax/706/zortrax-thermocoupler-fuer-m200-/-hotend-v2?c=121 (not sure if kit includes the heater)

http://www.3d-drucker-experte.de/weitere-3d-drucker/zubehoer/zortrax/405/hotend-v2-zortrax-m200?c=121

From the "zortrax owners club" chat room:

Red0331: I saw a forum topic but cannot answer as I dont have a user account. Tell ssangster in the topic "bad print quality" that it is most likely caused by uneven filament diameter. I have seen that before and I bet if he uses a different spool of filament from a different lot that the print quality problem goes away

Red0331: Yosemite, that reminds me..the print quality problem could also be due to moisture in the filament. If he can hear his extruder popping the water content is too high and he will never get good results. ABS and Ultrat will do that over time

From the "zortrax owners club" chat room:

Thanks Sam.

Hi all,

Been going round in circles rying to get a better quality on this print.

More maintenance, earlier firmware, 3 different nozzles, and a different filament.

Ordered new ribbon, nozzle, heater and thermocouple, but they haven't arrived yet.

The last print was slightly better in a different filament, so I do suspect that the grey I have has slight issues, but there seems to be steps on the diameters of the finished print as well.

Marcin, can I get this file to you privately, so you can test it out just to prove it is my machine?

Is the issue with just this one print or all your prints?

Is the issue with just this one print or all your prints?

Seems to be them all, but worse on curves.

I would check if the extruder bearing is ok.

img20140701090346-300x22.jpg

Make sure you clean out the feed tube that the nozzle slides over too. You can get a lot of buildup in there.

I would check if the extruder bearing is ok.

attachicon.gifimg20140701090346-300x22.jpg

question!

I lost that bearing when opening the extruder block. Any idea what size it is? :D