Best Z-Suite so far (regarding QUALITY only)

Hello!

Two quick questions ;)

Re:

I would be interested in external Z-Suite testing

We're doing this for years already ( I stopped it meanwhile, just use what works at it's state), while being ignored from Zortrax, being tied down with false reports / promises (if not lies) from Z and sometimes if using clear speech against it even being threatened by Z-Staff.

Absolutely not 1.6+

Haven't been around long enough to fairly vote....but definitely up for testing

Voted and yes, if there is something to test ... i'm here !

I don't have enough objective data to vote, but ZSuites from back around 0.9 and firmwares from about the same time seem to make better prints for me.

I also think it would be useful to have a couple of standard test STL files that we could use to compare.  Is Benchy good for that? 

Benchy is good for testing some things, but it, and almost all other benchmarks out there, are incomplete imo in that they don't test support, warping, or surface finish on larger areas. I prefer tests closer to "real world" applications like Barwin's or Andy B's.

Too bad - it would be really useful to have several standard test files that encompass the full range of use, especially some that could be printed fairly quickly, say in an hour or two.  12-hour prints are too long to allow comprehensive testing and use up way too much filament.

I am going to do a side by side on the current version and the old versions, I'll post some results here  :)

Ok dogboy, good test side by side !

Very good idea !

But how do you recover an older version on a PC (with Windows7) ?

I tried without success : I’m not a windows expert because I mainly use apple computers !

By "external", do you mean changing the process from internal testing to public beta versions or do you mean testing external slicing software? Because the latter would really make my day.

huh, where can we d/l 0.9.6?

TIA

Nick

huh, where can we d/l 0.9.6?

TIA

Nick

[url=https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8mSj86XjAMJSlhld2lyajdOTHc]CLICK[/url]

ps. its not mine, someone posted that link here before. 

many thanks... 2 pretty complex objects. never used 0.9.6 before, I'll let you know how I get on... I've always felt test prints I did before buying came out slightly better than my own, and have had issues with stringing. Maybe this is the solution.

@Zortrax

You should add ZSuite 1.10.0 as an option ...

:D

I love Z-Suite and 1.10.0 has some wonderful features but I'm still seeing better print quality (Black Z-ABS @ .29) on the pieces I print with 0.9.6. The differences are less and less but it's still very identifiable to me. keep up the good work but I still use 0.9.6 on a daily basis.

And here I am again....tried updating to Z-Suite 2.5.0 (which required a complete upgrade of my OS) only to discover that the surface quality of models is still deficient compared to 0.9.6 when printing Z-ABS @.29mm. And now I have to bring in an old computer to run .9.6.0 since it won't run on my NOW upgraded system. This means we can not start to build an M200 Plus farm and am forced to continue to use all 10 of our original standalone M200's.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:4772]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:4771]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:4770]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:4769]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:4768]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:4767]

Wow, huge differences, thanks for posting, David.

And here I am again....tried updating to Z-Suite 2.5.0 (which required a complete upgrade of my OS) only to discover that the surface quality of models is still deficient compared to 0.9.6 when printing Z-ABS @.29mm. And now I have to bring in an old computer to run .9.6.0 since it won't run on my NOW upgraded system. This means we can not start to build an M200 Plus farm and am forced to continue to use all 10 of our original standalone M200's.

Ouch!

Could you pass me the zcodes so we could analyze them?