Firmware 0.0.3 Connector Check

I cannot use my printer with 0.0.3 firmware because it insists that my bed connectors are not working. They actually do seem to be working, because my printer works fine - the bed heats up and the auto-calibration works, at least under previous firmware versions. I unplugged and re-plugged them a few times, but the printer keeps telling me to “check” them and restart.

Also, I think it would be a lot more user-friendly if the LCD prompt asked you to press the button to restart the printer instead of forcing you to completely power it down.

Thanks,

Julia

I am not having that problem with the new firmware, so that is strange.

David

Where are the people from zortrax when Julia needs them ?? :wink:

They’re packing my printer! :slight_smile:

[quote name=venosa]They’re packing my printer! :slight_smile:
[/quote]

:smiley:

[quote name=venosa]They’re packing my printer! :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Congratulations, Angelo!

Wishful thinking… :frowning:

They are completely silent on this matter.

Same protocolar answer 2-8 weeks.

(like, you got ill! You have more 2 or 8 years, i’m not sure…)

I think the 8 weeks was due to Chinese NY holiday. Now that that is almost over lead time will probably settle to 2-4 weeks.

As mentioned in Shoutbox, I experienced a mid print stop, homing of the axis and return to main menu. This never happened before the official 0.0.3 firmware. It may be a coincidence or a one of event caused by something else or it could be related to Julia problem and mid print the firmware decided the connector was not connected and aborted the print.

David

This is sweet (of you).

My younger son is a Cinema photographer. When he bought his RED Camera (RED is a small company, ok… probably bigger than Zortrax) they have an estimate day per number order.

You was in line and had an approximate date, let’s say… third week of October. I think that it is feasible. Good for all involved.

I don’t know how many orders they have now. All the Kickstarters ones are gone. My order is the #158, I thought that if they look through their window, naked eyes, they could see my printer approaching.

Just let me know how much distant it are!

I think you just missed being shipped before CNY - it was something like #135 I think where they stopped. Prior to that they were shipping about 20 or so per week. So as soon as the factory gets back to work I think you’ll soon get a “preparing for shipping” email and then it is only 1 or 2 days before actual shipment.

[quote name=venosa]This is sweet (of you).

My younger son is a Cinema photographer. When he bought his RED Camera (RED is a small company, ok… probably bigger than Zortrax) they have an estimate day per number order.

You was in line and had an approximate date, let’s say… third week of October. I think that it is feasible. Good for all involved.

I don’t know how many orders they have now. All the Kickstarters ones are gone. My order is the #158, I thought that if they look through their window, naked eyes, they could see my printer approaching.

Just let me know how much distant it are!
[/quote]

I got mine and that was order 139 :slight_smile: so not far to go I would say. Mine shipped before Chinese new year.

Hummmm… Are we still talking about connector issue…?..

No, Angelo completely hijacked my thread :confused: :wink:

@Julia

Looking at picture of your connector: http://www.pragmaticdesigns.com/Zortrax/IMG_6733.JPG

I see that you ‘sanded’ your platform which is ok but by the way also connector was harmed because of it.

http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/89495104/file.html - here is firmware with disabled cable checking it should solve your problem and tomorrow I can prepare for you instruction manual how to solve this problem to work with official 0.0.3

Best Regards

Sorry. My bad. I will shut up now. :expressionless:

Good luck!

[quote name=Martin Olchanowski]@Julia

Looking at picture of your connector: http://www.pragmaticdesigns.com/Zortrax/IMG_6733.JPG

I see that you ‘sanded’ your platform which is ok but by the way also connector was harmed because of it.

Best Regards
[/quote]

I’m pretty sure I never sanded that far out on the platform (no reason to, and also I don’t see any sanding marks near the connector), but it is possible that in removing a large print from the plate I accidentally hit the connector with the scraper. It might be worth thinking about adding a small “guard” around the connector to prevent this happening to other users in the future; solder a small piece of bent sheet metal to the perfboard maybe.

Anyway, it was easily fixed with a spot or two of solder and it’s all working now. Sorry for the fuzzy stuff on the connector, it’s paper towel residue.

It does look like you hit them with the scraper which is not surprising given the size of some of your prints. I think your idea of some kind of guard or maybe epoxy encapsulation on the connector joints is a excellent one Julia.

David

Another issue related to the firmware is that you need to restart the printer after each print otherwise the bed won’t heat up fully. This is a known problem and has to do with the bed turning off after the print is finished.

[quote name=wilsonj]Another issue related to the firmware is that you need to restart the printer after each print otherwise the bed won’t heat up fully. This is a known problem and has to do with the bed turning off after the print is finished.
[/quote]

:rolleyes: