Firmware Feedback

Now that the secrecy about temperature is history: can we talk about displaying bed/extruder temperatures on the OLED while printing again?

It would help people diagnosing problems with temperature drops e.g. due to excessive cooling or too high extrusion etc.

Would be another step towards perfection...

I'm not sure how much space left to display such info but I will lean on that 

Great, thanks!

:) :) :P :D :lol:

Thank you Zortrax Team !

So, if you're slicing multiple objects in z-suite it retains your z-material settings... however the new mode seems to default back to the original settings... unexpected behavior given  z-suites normal behaviour.

Also the filament usage calculator and weight usage might change with new materials.

Maybe one day we could save external profiles within the app? Would be a nice touch but I understand this is all pretty fresh.

This is great news ! Really....a game changer.

They will have to spend another three or four years for this, thankfully we arrange ourselves  :D

IMG_20170421_113101087_zpsrm2btudu.jpg

This is great news ! Really....a game changer.

Changes my game, that's for sure.

No one has asked the question yet, so here goes:

Marcin, why has Zortrax released these new temperature settings to benefit the use of third party materials  ? 

Also, there is no ULTRAT  profile, what are the default temperatures for this material ?

Thank you, I lit and enjoyed a cigar for Zortrax this evening. 

Changes my game, that's for sure.

:(

No one has asked the question yet, so here goes:

Marcin, why has Zortrax released these new temperature settings to benefit the use of third party materials  ? 

Also, there is no ULTRAT  profile, what are the default temperatures for this material ?

Thank you, I lit and enjoyed a cigar for Zortrax this evening.

After deep analysis we’ve decided thats the right thing to do, we cant fight all 3rd party filaments users and they were growing.

ULTRAT is pretty much ABS with some magic ingredients

So, if you're slicing multiple objects in z-suite it retains your z-material settings... however the new mode seems to default back to the original settings... unexpected behavior given  z-suites normal behaviour.

Also the filament usage calculator and weight usage might change with new materials.

Maybe one day we could save external profiles within the app? Would be a nice touch but I understand this is all pretty fresh.

I can see that constantly resetting options could be pain in the pass, reported.

custom profiles, PLA-based profile and some more magic is going to be implemented ‘soon’, trust me :wink:

absolutely love the direction zortrax has turned in to. Keep up the good work.

Great news, Zortrax! Well done!

ya, and just while I am trying it out, 190deg seems just too high for PLA, I reckon the stuff I have here [colorfabb] is happier at 180/185 to ensure proper raft and support removal. I am still using a third party measure to drop it another 10degrees and it's fixed.

Likewise, would be good to disable the bed temp.

The retraction modification and speed adjustment has solved small scale prints and muiltiples on the bed by improving stringing and cooling times, I was working on some tiny node pieces when you released the update, and with a few new tweaks they have come out exceptional after many failed attempts. If you recall, I have complained about retraction and stringing since the day I got my machine, and in a single setting the problems have all but disappeared. Thanks.

My final question, are you going to open an external materials section on the forum, and/or are you happy for us to discuss external materials and settings within your forums? I'm not much of a contributor, but this may make the forum a more interesting and diverse place. Not to mention, you are probably going to have a few more customers off the back of this.

Great, thanks!

should be implemented in next update, along with temp change before loading / unloading material.

My final question, are you going to open an external materials section on the forum, and/or are you happy for us to discuss external materials and settings within your forums? I'm not much of a contributor, but this may make the forum a more interesting and diverse place. Not to mention, you are probably going to have a few more customers off the back of this.

Not the worst idea though, thanks

It will definitely drive more potential buyers to Zortrax for sure!

should be implemented in next update, along with temp change before loading / unloading material.

Marcin, Do you talk about the nozzle / bed temperature display during printing?

And also display and change temperature when load / unload ?

If you knew how simple these little things are going to make a lot of users happy! :) :wub:

After deep analysis we've decided thats the right thing to do, we cant fight all 3rd party filaments users and they were growing.

ULTRAT is pretty much ABS with some magic ingredients

I'll add my own THANK YOU, and want to say that from a purely business point of view, I think you've done the right thing for Zortrax.

I bought my M200 because I wanted a minimum-hassle printing experience - I just want parts, not a new hobby. But giving up material flexibility was a price I had to pay for that - which weighed against the Zortrax.

Now you're offering the best of both worlds - a minimum hassle experience using Z-materials, and flexibility at the same time. I think this can only increase your business.

Just keep the prices on Z-materials reasonable (as they are now), and I'll keep buying them, except when they don't have the needed performance.

(I also think you ought to setup a forum section where people can share their discoveries re proper settings for non-standard materials.)

Keep putting the customer first, and they'll reward you. "Shut up and take my money!" is what every honest business should aim for.

Thanks again!!