i need a second extruder

does anyone know if an ultimaker duel extruder can fit the zortrax machine?? i need a duel extruder and i really have no faith in zortrax releasing one anytime soon...if i cant find a way to get a second extruder on my zortrax machine i may be forced to buy an ultimaker 2...its a shame because this machine prints great but without basic options that are commonplace now(like second extruder and adjustable temperature control) this machine is almost useless for my purposes.

does anyone know if an ultimaker duel extruder can fit the zortrax machine?

Zortrax M200 will work with original extruder only.

One of first result from google about UM2 dual extruder:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/3803-ultimaker-2-dual-extrusion/

Please read it until last posts before you claim here again about something which don’t exist.

About dual extruder for Zortrax - we working on it but no any promises.

Best Regards

Just give advanced users more control over building and support parameters. Thats a winner feaure, the second extruder is for specific applications and working with repraps or with some other machines that claim dual extrusion leads to just "acceptable" results. Many of us use the machines for different purpouses and for high end applications you must use high end machines(wich can also fail) if you want soluble supports go ahead and get a  cheap winner a Uprint they are on about $15000 USD and you will have a guaranteed second extruder with soluble suppport that will always give you good results.

If I had a 12 x 12 x 12 dual extruding Zortrax, I'd be in 3d print heaven! I was hoping the M200 would prove I didn't need dual extruders but soluble support is a must for my engineering purposes. 

One of first result from google about UM2 dual extruder:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/3803-ultimaker-2-dual-extrusion/

Please read it until last posts before you claim here again about something which don’t exist.

About dual extruder for Zortrax - we working on it but no any promises.

Best Regards

yes, you are correct about the ultimaker 2 duel extruder not yet being released but i have no doubt it will be released and there is one already available for the ultimaker 1, so my point still stands, as a new startup and one that , imo , should be striving to at the very least compete with what is currently available(ultimaker one does indeed have 2 extruder option) then i would hope that you are very close to releasing this option.

i absolutely love this printer, its fantastic, but without a second extruder and ability to vary the extruding temperature, im afraid its usefulness , at least for our purposes is extremely limited.

i am patient and i fully appreciate the job you did with this printer, its amazing and i understand as a startup you can only handle so much at a time. im just worried because there are many stories of failed startups and i just do not wish to be stuck with a printer unable to achieve what i had planned for this printer.

imo, if this venture fails for you guys, it will be because you were too slow to offer these options. you have a great printer at a great price, with a duel extruder and ability to vary the extruder temperature i would buy more machines and would reccommend your machine to anyone who was looking to buy one, but at this time, until you offer at least one of these options, i cant buy another machine and i wouldnt recommend one to a friend.

i really love this machine and i hope you guys offer these features soon. good luck.

@jamestarpey

Let’s say this is age of empires game, we have to got technology with all materials successfully printed and final firmware first to go into dual extruder update :slight_smile: I do not promise anything even simple ‘soon’ on the forum because then ppl always take it as official statement.

Anyway I see nothing wrong due of not too many real dual extrusion machines exist for price tag less than 15k and we never wrote on official specification that Zortrax have or will have it :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Yes, really. Can we please finish the basic functionality of the printer before talking about adding another extruder? We still don't have USB, wi-fi, speed control, temperature control, manual control of mechanism, ability to pause/resume, ability to abort operations without switching off power, more control of support, etc etc etc.

Ok Zortrax, you don't need to work anymore on any other updates before you not finish for e.x useless USB connection etc.

BIG Thanks JULIA!!!

I need USB & WIFI !!!!!!

Yes, really. Can we please finish the basic functionality of the printer before talking about adding another extruder? We still don't have USB, wi-fi, speed control, temperature control, manual control of mechanism, ability to pause/resume, ability to abort operations without switching off power, more control of support, etc etc etc.

I think so too

Ok Zortrax, you don't need to work anymore on any other updates before you not finish for e.x useless USB connection etc.

BIG Thanks JULIA!!!

Were you sarcastic ?

BIG Thanks JULIA!!!

Is this just an English translation issue ? Or are you sarcastically suggesting that Zortrax should abandon many features that there is already hardware for, eg USB, Wifi and bed levelling to pursue something completely new, like dual extrusion?

Hi Rafal,

Thanks for clarification on the USB. I personally wouldn't use USB to transmit a file for printing, but it could be handy for controlling the printer in regards to features like pause etc. But no great deal breaker either way. 

What I was questioning was Mark82's comment, which I'm still not sure of the spirit in which it was meant, regarding the desire for new major features like dual extrusion. But at the expense of implementing functionality such as Julia described.

Personally I would rather a single extrusion machine that does a great job, than a dual machine that does a pretty average one. 

Personally I would rather a single extrusion machine that does a great job, than a dual machine that does a pretty average one. 

+1

Yep, totally agree.

<snip>I personally wouldn't use USB to transmit a file for printing<snip>

Really, Jamie? You'd rather go through slice-save-to-SD-remove-SD-plug-SD-into-printer-navigate-to-file-in-LCD rather than just click "Print" in the UI of a USB or wi-fi connected PC slicer/control program?

USB is only for repair MCU firmware, and we never mentioned that it will be used to connect the printer to the computer. From the beginning of the the intention is that everything worked without computer (excluding software).

BR,

Rafal

This is from the M200 brochure when I purchased my printer almost one year ago:

M200%20brochure%20excerpt1.png

and also this:

M200%20brochure%20excerpt2.png

This is from the M200 brochure when I purchased my printer almost one year ago:

M200%20brochure%20excerpt1.png

and also this:

M200%20brochure%20excerpt2.png

Yep still listed on the website I would love to have both options of using USB to interface with my pc or upload a zcode file with a flash drive.

I would still love to see 100 micron layer resolution available soon and maybe the option for the 25 to 50 micron layer height :blink:

Maybe this is only my personal feeling, but after reading most of the posts on the forum it seems to me that all the time Julia try attacks Zortrax... I feel strange ...