i need a second extruder

Maybe this is only my personal feeling, but after reading most of the posts on the forum it seems to me that all the time Julia try attacks Zortrax... I feel strange ...

Mm, no, I'm sorry if it seems that way. Think of me as "the loyal opposition" - I love many things about the product, and I have been very active in promoting it to other people on other forums, especially in the early days. Look at my posts on the pp3dp forum or on Thingiverse. I am very proud of the M200 prints I have posted on Thingiverse, and my 52-hour print of the "Four-Dragon Candlestick" is probably some kind of record. More than one person has told me that they purchased the M200 because of my postings.

At the same time, I am somewhat frustrated by the fact that it is so close to being exactly the printer I want, but falling short in some ways that I think would not be too difficult to solve. So I am always reminding Zortrax of what I want (of course, it may not be what others want, but I can only speak for myself, and others are free to express their opinions too). I think it is important to give feedback to the manufacturer as to what we like, what we don't like, what we want and what we don't want. If they want to listen they can, if they don't, well, they won't.

Mechanically the printer is pretty great except for the terrible grub screws that are hard to reach and which strip very easily.

Electronically it seems pretty good now that the LCD issue has been resolved. Although my extruder just stopped working...

Software-wise it is just adequate but slowly getting better with more options.

Customer service-wise, it is sometimes great, sometimes terrible. I try to be understanding of small-company problems.

I want it to be good. I have invested money, time, personal credibility, and emotion in it. Anything negative I say about it is in the spirit of trying to help make it better.

Julia

Completely agree.

+1

+1 I purchased my Zortrax recently because of Julia, shes a great person and a great member to have in the community. 

Maybe this is only my personal feeling, but after reading most of the posts on the forum it seems to me that all the time Julia try attacks Zortrax... I feel strange ...

Anyone saying that would be ignorant of what Julia brought to the company. 

Julia is, like a few of us, the early adopter of the M200, and she is the best defender of the company, always helping people and convincing a lot of members to purchase it. 

You don't even know what was happening before the creation of this forum, man. You probably just arrived (i guess, with your 10 posts....) and you don't even know that we created a forum back in December 2013 that gave the idea of Zortrax to create a forum. 

So when you don't know, you don't talk. 

Cheers, buddy

This is from the M200 brochure when I purchased my printer almost one year ago:

M200%20brochure%20excerpt1.png

and also this:

M200%20brochure%20excerpt2.png

I'd like you, Rafal, to answer to that. 

We have screenshots of your brochure when we purchased the M200. How are you going to reply to that ? That was what made us invest in your company by purchasing a printer. 

You know we are a few people who were, at the beginning, the biggest fans of your printer. You can't treat us like random customers now. 

Don't you agree ?

+1 on Julia

I for one purchased the Zortrax because of the prints I saw by Marco AND the advertised features. I had no idea, for example, that we didint even have 100 micron layer resolution until I got the printer, or wifi, or auto-calibration (btw, am I the only one that thinks that the current implementation of 'auto-calibration' has very little 'auto' in it?)

So yes, it would be nice to get the features advertised to begin with, or at least Zortrax should make it clear of what is CURRENTLY implemented as opposed to planned for the future on their website and marketing materials.

Really, Jamie? You'd rather go through slice-save-to-SD-remove-SD-plug-SD-into-printer-navigate-to-file-in-LCD rather than just click "Print" in the UI of a USB or wi-fi connected PC slicer/control program?

Julia, given there is no on board memory like there is with the UP I was assuming we would need to keep the PC connected for the duration of the print, like with a Makerbot.  If we can save direct to the SD card then disconnect then that is different.

Good point, Jamie. I guess I am assuming that the M200 can write to its SD card (or that there's other memory available on the motherboard); if that's the case I don't see why it couldn't work "untethered" as we're used to doing. I have a dedicated PC for my printers so staying connected is not a big issue, but there's always a concern about keeping the print data flowing while background or other tasks are being done by the PC, so yes, downloading to printer memory is the way to go!

As I am considering to buy a M200, I wonder why there are no statements made by Rafal or other company members? It appears, that long therm users are not taken very seriuos. Have some of the mentioned promised aspects been implemented?

- wifi

- speed control

- temperature control

Cheers,

Philipp

As I am considering to buy a M200, I wonder why there are no statements made by Rafal or other company members? It appears, that long therm users are not taken very seriuos. Have some of the mentioned promised aspects been implemented?

- wifi

- speed control

- temperature control

Cheers,

Philipp

Speed and temp control will most likley not happen ever. Wifi we just have to wait and see how it goes...

- wifi

- speed control

- temperature control

Cheers,

Philipp

I'd disagree. From what I've seen on the relatively short time I've been on here, they do at least seem to be paying attention whether or not they are actively responding. My guess is that lack of response simply means that they just don't have a good answer and they don't want to put foot-in-mouth. Every time they say something and then a delay happens, it results in a barrage of disappointed messages. I'd personally prefer them just saying "We don't know," but I'm sure that'd just open them up to attack from less understanding users. Sometimes it's just best for them to be silent. 

As far as the features go, as Trhuster said, speed and temp control will most likely not happen. They've made it pretty clear that user control will always be limited to avoid us complaining about terrible prints that we caused.  

Couldn't we use the Eye Fi or Transcend WiFi SD Card as a step forward in WiFi direction, until Zortrax programs their wifi adapter firmware?

http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Wi-Fi-Class-Memory-TS32GWSDHC10/dp/B00A659ILQ

If this can act as an "ftp" server or whatever, we could at least save files TO it, and then head to the printer and choose the file to print.

Just a thought...

Couldn't we use the Eye Fi or Transcend WiFi SD Card as a step forward in WiFi direction, until Zortrax programs their wifi adapter firmware?

http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Wi-Fi-Class-Memory-TS32GWSDHC10/dp/B00A659ILQ

If this can act as an "ftp" server or whatever, we could at least save files TO it, and then head to the printer and choose the file to print.

Just a thought...

Hmm - making it into FTP server: http://www.ad001.de/transcend-wifi-ftpd.html

Ha, but Zortrax filesystem cannot use 32GB cards, lol.

LOL

Can it use a 16GB card?

What do you mean by that? You can format 32GB SD card in FAT32 file system which is compatibile with Zortrax M200.

Oh, maybe I'm confused. I definitely remember something about cards above a certain size not working, but maybe that was only for firmware updates.

Yup, seems you are right. ^_^ Martin mentioned on chat that it should not be bigger than 4GB.

http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/466-firmware-004/page-3#entry12886

So 16 or 32GB should work for printing, just not for updates. That would be awesome if it works and I can transfer files without moving the damned card around!