Inventure videos?

Hello Zortrax team,

just curious if there is any recent footage of the new printer ...

I really would like to see a real "hands on" video in which the print process and especially the removal of the dissolvable filament can be seen.

This could be certainly interesting for architectural model makers like me.  

best regards

Andreas

This is the only video I have seen of late. It’s just a short video of it and not really telling you anything. It’s still pretty cool though.

https://vimeo.com/148734152

yes, I know this.. I thought about something more informative and less "marketing oriented" though...

thanks anyway

Andreas

yes, I know this.. I thought about something more informative and less "marketing oriented" though...

thanks anyway

Andreas

Unfortunately at the moment there is no video or photo of the machine actually working. And very few photos of some prototype I assume. Really kind of concerning at this point if they plane on launching in a couple months like they claim.

There's no real info

There's no real photos

There's no real communication.

I believe this will eventually be a printer but they wont be getting my money anytime soon.

still curious why anyone wants this printer over buying another m200?

It would be because of the soluble filament you can use as support material. I have several prints that I can do on the m200 but as for removing the supports, well, that’s not gonna happen unless I break my prints apart.

any info on the minimum particle size of the HEPA filter it has ?

Doesn't the designation "HEPA" define the specs for particle size?  Of course, that assumes that the filter complies with the standard, which may not be the case for imports.

... one month passed ... nothing new I guess?

just curious :-)

best

Andreas

Nothing new I guess…?

Yep, waiting for some reviews... 

The Inventure has the potential of really upping the quality of the Zortrax 3D Printing System by providing a soluble raft/scaffolding capability. Although the Zortrax Team has been remarkably closed-mouth about the Inventure, I have deduced a few features that I believe we will see.

The machine will have dual extruders, one for Z-Ultrat Plus and one for soluble support. It will use Z-Ultrat Plus exclusively, at least at first. This decision to offer only Z-Ultrat, at least to start with, is a confirmation of my experience with the Zortrax Printer. I have experimented with all of the Zortrax filaments and find that I have the best results as far as consistency, quality and finish with Z-Ultrat.

I also think that launch is imminent because the latest Z-Suite 1.5.0 now has Inventure capability. We just have to be patient because Zortrax, just like us, won't launch Inventure until they are sure that all of the prototype challenges are solved. You only get one chance to make a first impression!

For high quality, I use SLA printing.  It won't ever match that.  I prefer FDM for larger sized models.  Ultrat works well.  Although it warps too etc.  Dual heads could be incorporated into the Zortrax; just like other competing FDM printers in the same league without re-inventing the wheel/printer.   Most of the kickstarter contributors here seem to prefere printing at mid range resolution qualities to ,09 anyways.  Having H20 disolvable material is neat but the real engineering only exists in making it into a dual head system.

another month... 

And another…

Didn't the discussion about material prices diminish your enthusiasm already?

Besides, I guess the delays hint towards issues with the Inventure. Double extruder are always problematic.

Especially so if the the aim is to give a great out of the box experience without adjusting both nozzles all the time.

I guess the CubePro targeted the same market and was not extremely successful (either).

In the end the whole approach is futile if the dual extrusion of complex supports doesn’t work perfectly.

Nobody wants to pay twice the price for a printer and a few hundred percent extra for the chipped material

to just print with one of the extruders in the end

Indeed it did...

I am curious anyway…

You may be right about the reasons for the delay, but maybe an official zortrax statement would be a good idea here…

Best

Andreas

Besides, I guess the delays hint towards issues with the Inventure. Double extruder are always problematic.

Especially so if the the aim is to give a great out of the box experience without adjusting both nozzles all the time.

I guess the CubePro targeted the same market and was not extremely successful (either).

In the end the whole approach is futile if the dual extrusion of complex supports doesn’t work perfectly.

Nobody wants to pay twice the price for a printer and a few hundred percent extra for the chipped material

to just print with one of the extruders in the end

it has 1 nozzle, not 2

The Zortrax inventure has longer print times, I compared a Zortrax M200 splice which took 13 hours and the inventure took 18 hours and 30 mins  So 5 and half hours extra. 

it has 1 nozzle, not 2

Really? Must admit I wasn't aware of this. So there are two extruders but only one hotend/nozzle? Is there any printer available which got this to work?

I mean, I’m aware you  can buy this experimental hotend for RepRaps but I never saw somebody reporting success with it.

I would assume a single nozzle resolves some alignment issues but brings up a whole lot of new problems.

E.g. I could imagine that retract moves could get a little complicated. Letting aside that the two filaments need to behave even more identical

regarding temperature etc. Which at least up to now always as an issue for HIPS or PVA filaments. Where I assume Inventure uses Hips or did they come up with something new?