Lots of strings between parts

Hi guys,

I'm running in to another issue. There are lots of strings connecting parts of my prints. I find this tend to happen on upper and thinner parts of my print. When this happens the wall also gets rough. Looks like the filament is not retracting enough in between parts? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shen

Hi guys,

I'm running in to another issue. There are lots of strings connecting parts of my prints. I find this tend to happen on upper and thinner parts of my print. When this happens the wall also gets rough. Looks like the filament is not retracting enough in between parts? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shen

What settings are you using? I'll see what happens on mine.

Thanks Kyle.

Here are the settings:

z-abs 0.14mm top4 bottom4 

speed normal seam random

infill light

angle 20 offsets 0

fan auto smart bridge enabled

OK.. Started it.. I don't have blue right now, so orange it is..

I am having similar issues to this.. In My case it appears to be the seams... Do you have an STL file I can take a look at to see if the "finished" model appears the same as mine?

I think my problem is closed related to this...  I have clean all my hardware, replaced the nozzle, super align the bed, and still get the same issues...

I am having similar issues to this.. In My case it appears to be the seams... Do you have an STL file I can take a look at to see if the "finished" model appears the same as mine?

I think my problem is closed related to this...  I have clean all my hardware, replaced the nozzle, super align the bed, and still get the same issues...

Hi Kiko,

The stl file is attached in my first post.

Shen

maybe can be a new firmware? sometime happen to me after i have install a new firmware, maybe that firmware increase the velocity of rapid movments

I see an increased tendency to stringing as well since the latest firmware/software update…

No strings..Very few hairs. No cleanup done at all. Just pulled the raft off. wVyp2x.jpghdroB0.jpg

No strings..Very few hairs. No cleanup done at all. Just pulled the raft off.

What software/firmware are you using? I'm using the latest for both.

Latest firmware. 1.2.2 ZSuite. V1 Printer.

I found a much easier way to reproduce the problem, just by print two small cylinders side by side. I tried everything I can think of, I'm going to ask their support team.

I think I have a theory now. something in the heat block is broken and leaking. When the filament retracts, in stead of pulling the filament from the tip of the nozzle, air comes in from the leak in the middle, preventing filament from the tip of the nozzle being pulled up.

Not a lot to break in the block. Please see my drawing in one of the other recent posts anout block leaking…

Not a lot to break in the block. Please see my drawing in one of the other recent posts anout block leaking..

Well, my printer prints fine when retracting filament is not needed. The issue is definitely cause by filament not being able to retract. I think I've tighten the nozzle enough. I can't think of any other problem that could cause the retraction issue. Do you have any thoughts?

Only thing I can think of is if the plastic tube is pinching the filament above extruder. If not, I'm out of ideas.. I do have a second fan on mine, but not sure if that would make that big of a difference..

Oddly enough, yesterday I printed the same zcode in the same material on my two M200s - one a v1 and the other a v3. The v1 had no stringing while the v3 had quite a bit. It was easy to remove with fingers and a heat gun, but the difference between the two machines in this respect was striking.

Are you v1's using v1 hotends?

I also have the same problems with

M200 v4; hotend V1

Z firmware V0.0.08 (last)

Z after V1.30 (last)

ZABS; 0.19; full

And no problems before

Hey everyone.

Can all of you who have similar issue check if it's the same on the older version of the firmware (0.0.07)?

Waiting for feedback from you.

Thanks!