Lots of strings between parts

Are you v1's using v1 hotends?

My v1 has the v2 feed tube with plastic insert, but it uses the old v1 block. My v3 printer has the complete v2 hot end with curved block. Both have high-temperature heatsink grease inside the heater and thermocouple cavities.

same problem with firmware 0.07

Hey everyone.

Can all of you who have similar issue check if it's the same on the older version of the firmware (0.0.07)?

Waiting for feedback from you.

Thanks!

I tested with firmware 0.0.7 and sofware 1.2.2, the problem persists. My printer is a V4 I received 2 weeks ago.

same problem with one piece

M200 v4; hotend V1

Z firmware V0.0.08 (last)

Z suite V1.30 (last)

ZABS; 0.19; full

Generally this looks like an issue with the material. 

Can both of you tell me when the Z-filament has been bought and in what conditions did you keep your filament? 

I bought the cool grey Z-ABS earlier this month of October 2015 at the Belgian dealer Trideus : white box with handle ; coil in a closed container

Were the rolls sealed? ;)

My filaments is stored in a sealed plasic container with with a eva dry dehumidifier. some filament came in a paper box, some came in a plastic bag, sealed but not vacuumed like the while filament came with the printer

your printer may be printing at higher temp than what it thinks it does...

I would try print ABS with Z-Glass profile, at least is a way to try a lower temp.

How can you blame the material when you do an A B test using the same material on different firmware versions?

Request to Zortrax:

You also need to test your firmware before releasing on larger parts.

I have had this before, and its been back the last week of so. 

What is the support structure like when removing? Mine has been a lot harder to remove than normal in the last week, which is a sign that the nozzle is run hot.

This is caused by the screws holding the thermocouple and the heater coming loose.

I have just checked mine and they where loose again, I print 10-12 hours a night and should check this more often. 

I hope this helps.

Half way through my next print and its still hairy.

Update on my issue:

My problem is caused by a defective heater/thermocoupler. Zortrax has sent me a replacement heater/thermocoupler which fixed my issue.

Oddly enough, yesterday I printed the same zcode in the same material on my two M200s - one a v1 and the other a v3. The v1 had no stringing while the v3 had quite a bit. It was easy to remove with fingers and a heat gun, but the difference between the two machines in this respect was striking.

Hello Julia, do you mean that it is better with the press of V1,

and V3 press “worse”?

Hello Julia, do you mean that it is better with the press of V1,

and V3 press “worse”?

Yes, but I wouldn't read too much into it - the two printers generally produce virtually identical results. As syue87 has told us, this issue can be related to extruder heating components, so it's not surprising to see some variation, especially since I'm using a v1 heat block on my v1 printer and a v2 heat block on my v3 printer.

I just started a print and noticed some stringing. This is the 4th (second on firmware 1.0 and software 1.3) one of the same part with slight changes, but none in the area that is stringing I have printed and none before had this problem. I am hoping it does not cause any issues since it is an 11 hour print.

Dhatw.

I'm still seeing quite a bit of stringing.

Could it be related to retractions settings in the latest software?

I just started a print and noticed some stringing. This is the 4th (second on firmware 1.0 and software 1.3) one of the same part with slight changes, but none in the area that is stringing I have printed and none before had this problem. I am hoping it does not cause any issues since it is an 11 hour print.

Dhatw.

The print finished with no issues but there was some stringing and a tiny bit of hairs. Not much, but given I haven't had any since the very beginning of time with my M200 it is something to note.

Heat the extruder, and try to clean nozzle using insert with came with Zortrax.