M200 suddenly stopped printing

Hi!

Bad news… another midprint stop today (platform was lowered, but printer head stayed in the middle)… :frowning:

This was the 4th print after the display replacement…so nothing has really changed with the new display (which BTW looks absolutely identical to the old one… still having the metal frame… which surprised me a little since I was told that the metal frame was one of the factors that caused the issue…?)

I tried again with the same file afterwards and it then went all the way through…so it’s not the file.

This is so sporadic… not such a big deal on my current 40min prints but I would be really mad if it stops in the middle of a 10hr print.

What to do now?

hey andre,

did you try removing the lcd from the enclosure ? that seems to solve the problem for me.

Hi Eddie,

Yes, that seems to work… That’s what I did the whole time before I received the replacement display (which was supposed to fix the issue). Removing the LCD from the enclosure is a workaround but I cannot accept this as a permanent solution.

I have a weird feeling that I received the same exact LCD again… There’s no physical difference between the two (and obviously no functional difference either)… Even the version numbers on the PCBs are absolutely identical. I would expect to see some number changes if there was an update to the design… Anyway, it’s all speculation until I get a feedback from the Z-team. I just sent out my support request via email.

:slight_smile:

Andre, I got my replacement lcd installed today, so I will let you know how i get on. I get the impression from the installation instructions, that the earlier lcd did not have the extra single black cable, but my old one did.

David

Hi David,

same here…my old one also had the single black cable already. As I said… I can’t spot any visual differences.

I wonder who here in the forum got a printer without the black cable and if it causes any issues…

What black cable are we talking about? Pics would help. Is it possible the mounting screws are causing a problem? I have not had mine apart nor do I plan to until I have problems. (if I do)

[quote name=Kyle]I have not had mine apart nor do I plan to until I have problems.
[/quote]

What Kyle said!

You can’t see it from the outside… But if you would open the display cover you would see a single black cable coming from the left side of the PCB going down to the motherboard. It looks like a grounding cable.

You guys are sissies!!! :lol: :wink:

Which screws do you have to remove to get the cover off? Just the 4 on the back?

The four on the front, not the back.

No need to take your printers apart :slight_smile:

I was just joking around :wink:

I hope I get some feedback from support soon…they already asked for pics of the 2 displays and I sent them yesterday.

Here’s what mine looks like… It has the black cable on the left. Cool to see the face around the LCD is printed too!

I will have to double check tomorrow, but I did not notice either of the two displays I have had a plastic printed surround.

David

Mine has black metalframe on both displays. But replacement display have never faild me so far.

6uest, very interesting that yours has a plastic frame. That’s what I actually expected to receive as a replacement considering the comments and explanations from Martin.

But both of mine have metal frames. It would be great to get some feedback from Zortrax soon… Have not gotten reply from support yet… Let’s wait until after the weekend. :wink:

Thruster, I hope it works out for you… In your case there was also this blackout issue (which I didn’t have).

Can the metal frame be removed easily or is it soldered on to the PCB somehow?

It can easily be removed.

As I posted elsewhere, my printer with a new display is back to the original problem also of stopping prematurely, lowering the platform and the head is somewhere in the middle.

I sent an email to support.

Andre, how did you get the metal frame off, I looked at my original display and it seems to be fixed on although I did not really apply much force.

David

David, I did not remove mine yet… But I looked at it and there are these tabs that just need to be bent a little and then it should come right off. I just don’t want to mess with it until I heard something back from support.

The printed frame on mine has the tabs too that just slide right into the PCB slots.