M300+ and M200+ sometimes lost wifi network

Hello,
Sometimes, my M300+ and my M200+ lost the network. Could fix it or add a periodic ping and auto reconnect (or reset if idle).

Thank you.

Hello @facotl,

Are both printers connected via Wi-Fi or Ethernet? Is the newest firmware version (2.4.4) installed?

Could you please set up a mobile hotspot to see if the same issue occurs?

Best regards,
Karolina

Hello Karolina,
Both are connected via Wifi and use the latest firmware (the issue was already present in older firmwares).
This is difficult to setup a mobile hotspot because the problem occur rarely. Do you have some kind of logs into machines to help catching it ?
Thank you for your help.

Hello,

Thank you for more information. As the issue occurs at random - are you sure there are no problems with your Internet connection or the router? I would not suspect any hardware-related issues for the time being as the same problem occur on both devices. Unfortunately, the logs would not help to verify the root of the problem.

Hello,
It’s not on Internet but directly on local network. After a long period, my Zortrax printers are not accessible with Z suite and I have to reboot them. I have other printers brand on the same wifi spot without any issue.

Hello,
I have checked more carefully and it’s just the M200+, not the M300+ and it appends after it goes idle (strange, my setting is never go idle).

It’s probably the same issue than this: WIFI Disconnection - Support&troubleshooting / Zortrax M200 Plus - Forum Zortrax

I had similar issues, which I suspect has to do with signal strength, and perhaps also interference from the zortax internal electronics (maybe).

My M300+ printer is in my garage, as has quite a few brick walls between itself and the router. I put my USB wifi dongle on a ~2m USB extension cable at some distance away from the printer. No more issues. I could monitor a ~2day print via z-suite without issue. Be sure to use a good quality extension cable as the first one I tried could handle the current draw and the wifi dongle wouldn’t power up.