My printer not printing upper left part of printing model

Ok…thanks from information

[...] Here is how I fixed it: I took the connector apart. If you're careful it can be done with a very small screwdriver tip (in the worst case you could order a new generic connector). Then I simply cut an inch off of the cable and reseated it into the connector. Printer worked like new again. There is so much slack in the cable I could probably do that at least 2 more times before I need a new ribbon cable.

Anyway… Just wanted to share that… This trick saved us quite some downtime.

Here the freshly cut cable after I pushed it back into the connector

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Here a disassembled view of the connector… This helps to figure out how to get it apart. It’s tricky but it’s possible.

http://cablesandconnectors.com/PIX/panidsxx.jpg

I'm trying to take my connector apart but I'm worried about breaking it.  Does the top part come off first somehow?  I'm trying to push in the small 'tabs' on either side but they don't seem to want to go in..

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out how to get it off.  I found that the latch below the tab has to be lifted first.  The hard part after that was pushing all the wires back into the 'blades' on the connector!  It fixed my problem though so all is well again.  :) 

Yeah these connectors are finicky! 

Two pins bent when removing so I bent back but to no avail, it needs new. My new comes tomorrow so I need to wait until then to get the beast running again.

Got my connector from Digikey for like a buck. 

I would suggest if any pin is bent, just get a new connector. Be less of a hassle than trying and having to recut due to no connection or cross connection. 

Cheers

Got my new connector. It is so easy when you have the right equipment. lol Snapped right into place and Printer works like new.