My second print

Not so good :frowning:

Haven’t got a clue what happened. Just got home and found it like this. Too tired now to figure it out. Will report in the morning.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6kve3gtnnclapgu/20140125_213528_Azzarello%20Ln.jpg

Dhatw.

Yes, I think it was set to 40 degrees.

Very strange. It looks like you may have gotten the yellowish filament that Martin says was not the right stuff, and which I’ve found to have poor layer bonding at normal Zortrax extrusion temp, and you’ve definitely got some layer delamination going there. I also got that caramel-colored glop on one of my prints.

Very strange. It looks like you may have gotten the yellowish filament that Martin says was not the right stuff, and which I’ve found to have poor layer bonding at normal Zortrax extrusion temp, and you’ve definitely got some layer delamination going there. I also got that caramel-colored glop on one of my prints.

Looks to me like something slipped. It moved the axis over…

[quote name=Kyle]Looks to me like something slipped. It moved the axis over…
[/quote]

Exactly. Was there anything that could have goten in the way of the head? If not, check to see that all the belts and pulleys are tight.

The way the bearings are over the place, looks like it slipped more than once. Something is loose.

If the extruder had slipped mid-print, there’d be filament all over the place from extruding into thin air. I say it printed successfully until the end, or almost the end, and then the print delaminated.

[quote name=Julia Truchsess]If the extruder had slipped mid-print, there’d be filament all over the place from extruding into thin air. I say it printed successfully until the end, or almost the end, and then the print delaminated.
[/quote]
I’m thinking it slipped… If you look toward the top of the pic you see strands of filament under the top piece. I walked a guy through this same problem a couple days ago. Pulley on motor shaft was loose.

If the drive slipped, how was it magically able to print the upper half of this complicated part so perfectly, with no support at all underneath it? :slight_smile:

If it slipped and grabbed again in another spot it would just throw the axis off. You can see filament hanging under the top of the bearing. Probably created just enough support to print on. Something that thin and small should not delaminate. I’m no expert by any means, but that is what it looks like to me from the pic posted.

I did have some minor delam on a print today that was 3.5 x 6.5 x 1.5 thick. Very minor. I can’t see part doing that all the way across in the same spot with all those bearings.

It’s hard to say from that angle… Maybe he will show more later so it’s easier to tell. Julia has a point about it printing over nothing at the top but then again it would be odd for it to delaminate across the entire part like that and through each ball.

Maybe it was extruder slipping for a couple of layers.

Share the 3D file with us so we could try to print it too.

It’s interesting to see what happened.

Hi all, thanks for all the input. I just removed it from the build plate and I am not any closer to an answer. My initial thoughts were that a belt slipped. I was concerned about that after hearing one other owner had that happen. I went around and checked all the screws before starting but could not tighten the set screws for any of the pulleys. The reason why is a 1.5 mm hex key fits in but is way too loose and I was afraid of stripping the hex. I tried a 1/16" hex key and it would not go in. So I left it and crossed my fingers. One thing to note is the head ended up all the way to the left and front when it went home. If it had slipped it should have been further to the right when at home based on how the bearing moved. Also the spheres turned out amazing, that is the semi spheres. I also noticed that the lower out race has a shift in it which you can see it the image. https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=407733a54e&view=att&th=143ce9a3d7d12834&attid=0.1&disp=safe&realattid=1458297237027160064-local0&zw I can’t seem to figure out how to attach the zcode. I will email it directly to you Rafal. It is the model from the printroom on your website and I only made the change to support, I thing 40 degrees.

Dhatw.

[quote name=Kyle]I did have some minor delam on a print today that was 3.5 x 6.5 x 1.5 thick. Very minor. I can’t see part doing that all the way across in the same spot with all those bearings.
[/quote]

Do you have the correct white Z-ABS or the yellow one? The yellow one has terrible delamination. The ABS warped, the part split, and the nozzle knocked it completely apart when it hit a part that had raised up due to warpage. If the drive had slipped halfway and printed into thin air you’d see a lot more spaghetti all over the place, and the bottom edge of the top half would be a mess, not the nice crisp edge we see in the photo.

Julia,

Here is a comparison shot. Android smart phone charger vs first print vs included Zombie head. I would say my first print is slightly yellower than the zombie head.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=407733a54e&view=att&th=143cf01ce4ca8613&attid=0.1&disp=safe&zw

[quote name=dhatw]Julia,

Here is a comparison shot. Android smart phone charger vs first print vs included Zombie head. I would say my first print is slightly yellower than the zombie head.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=407733a54e&view=att&th=143cf01ce4ca8613&attid=0.1&disp=safe&zw
[/quote]

I get a 404 from your link. Actually I was asking Kyle which filament he has because he says he doesn’t have delamination issues; I’m pretty sure you got the bad one :frowning:

Can you show us the underside of the “top half” of the failed part?

Actually, the photo doesn’t show that much difference in color but you can see a slight difference in person. I already broke apart the failed bearing to CSI it and scrapped it because my wife was on my case about making a mess. I have successfully printed a 20 mm cube with a 10 mm hole, 10 mm square and a 10 mm triangle in it and now I am re printing the bearing. So far so good and it has started in the middle of the build plate. The 10 mm cube printed in the middle also, which supports your theory Julia.

[quote name=Julia Truchsess][quote=dhatw]Julia,

[/quote]

I get a 404 from your link. Actually I was asking Kyle which filament he has because he says he doesn’t have delamination issues; I’m pretty sure you got the bad one :frowning:

Can you show us the underside of the “top half” of the failed part?
[/quote]