New "Z-PCABS" FILAMENT

This is fairly new, it inst even on the official Zortrax site. Although highly expensive  92USD !   If anybody gets some i would be glad to know how you got on with it - your own personal review.

http://www.crea-3d.com/store/en/special-filaments/302-z-pcabs-filament.html

Z-PCABS

Z-PCABS is a blend of a well-known ABS with polycarbonate (PC), addition of which improves the overall properties of the material and mainly responsible for high durability and resistance.

Z-PCABS is a great material for creating casings and functional prototypes, especially those that are to be used in difficult conditions, as the blend is highly resistant to high and low temperatures.​

92 bucks is very expensive. I have used ProtoPasta PC-ABS and it works great to make durable parts. Though with any FDM printed part it is at the limit of the technology, meaning designs having different circumferences is subject to break at the thin part but still stronger than Zultrat. 

Like the part below is in PC-ABS but is subject to split in the middle where there is minimal material. Though I have tried hammering them and while other materials will break and bend, this did not unless I hit it with a heck of a lot of force. 

IMG_0214.jpg

How do you print this if it isn't an option on Z-Suit? And why isn't it listed on Zortrax main website? Again with the poor marketing, its really killing me!

How do you print this if it isn't an option on Z-Suit? And why isn't it listed on Zortrax main website? Again with the poor marketing, its really killing me!

How do you write in this forum? It's not listed on Zortrax main website anymore, no forum or community mentioned anywhere.  ;)

:wacko:  I guess it is time to buy one and find out if it is legit or not.

What do you mean? 

Are you referring to different filament types? If so it isn't talked about here because it is a "hack" of some sorts and out of respect to Zortra, we don't talk about it here. 

I have been informed to not touch this with a 10 foot pole. that and the fact that the total for one spool comes out to exactly 100$ USD is a bit odd. I did not give an address to ship to and it gave me a total...

How do you write in this forum? It's not listed on Zortrax main website anymore, no forum or community mentioned anywhere.  ;)

Oh I know, I'm just more confused by why they would sell an official material, kind of, and not have an official setting for it. Trust me I just ordered my... alternative posting format(?)  ;) I cant wait to get it running.

What do you mean? 

Are you referring to different filament types? If so it isn't talked about here because it is a "hack" of some sorts and out of respect to Zortra, we don't talk about it here. 

Out of respect to Zortrax? Come'on... I love the machines but I've lost respect for them over the past few months. We really need an alternative forum that isn't controlled like the USSR so we can actually talk about important things without the fear of the secret police making us disappear one night. 

We really need an alternative forum that isn't controlled like the USSR so we can actually talk about important things without the fear of the secret police making us disappear one night. 

Never! I would miss the M.A.M. Z-Fanclub, their false reports and expert statements.

As long as this forum is up and my warning point level does not prevent log in, I will stay here.

And after all the Z-Guys are much more relaxed than some months ago.

Maybe someone can tell me what pills they take now?  :ph34r:

And after all the Z-Guys are much more relaxed than some months ago.

Maybe someone can tell me what pills they take now?  :ph34r:

Z-Pills, for sure!

Z-Pills, for sure!

Will check the next pharmacy for them...

OK, so it's out now, but the MSDS for Z-Ultrat says it's a blend of ABS and PC, so does anyone know the difference?

And available in 1 color (ivory) and $100+ delivered in the US probably means sales are going to be low....

http://store.zortrax.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=2&product_id=76

OK, so it's out now, but the MSDS for Z-Ultrat says it's a blend of ABS and PC, so does anyone know the difference?

And available in 1 color (ivory) and $100+ delivered in the US probably means sales are going to be low....

http://store.zortrax.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=2&product_id=76

So sarcastic answer is: PCABS  = PC+ABS. Difference is is its ABS with Poly-carbonate in it.

But to give you an actual answer. Its going to be much stronger than ABS. Probably a lot stronger than ULTRAT or HIPS too. If its anything like the PCABS that Stratysis uses then it will be really nice for functional prototypes. Anything where you want to test the strength of a part its good for. Its the only material we print at my work and its great.

Only downside is its still ABS so there will be warping/shrinkage.

So Z-PCABS is ABS with Polycarbonate in it, and Z-Ultrat is ABS with Polycarbonate in it?  That's the difference?

Stronger is better, but shrinkage and warping is what I hate about 3D printing...

So Z-PCABS is ABS with Polycarbonate in it, and Z-Ultrat is ABS with Polycarbonate in it?  That's the difference?

Stronger is better, but shrinkage and warping is what I hate about 3D printing...

I'm not 100% sure but I am pretty sure UltraT is a different make up than that. I did a quick google but couldn't find anything.

Google zortrax ultrat msds 

https://zortrax.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Z-ULTRAT_Material_Safety_Data_Sheet.pdf

Polycarbonate filament with extruding temp in the Zortrax range.. https://ultimachine.com/category/catalog/print-materials/polycarbonate/polycarbonate-175mm

Polycarbonate filament with extruding temp in the Zortrax range.. https://ultimachine.com/category/catalog/print-materials/polycarbonate/polycarbonate-175mm

$48 just for the spool?

$48 just for the spool?

$40 for 1lb no spool included.. Better print your own spooler.. lol

$40 for 1lb no spool included.. Better print your own spooler.. lol

Think I have a reason to keep my old spools now