Obi-Wan Lightsaber

At the request of my daughter.. (It's for a friend of hers)  Drawn up in DS Mechanical. I'll post on Thingiverse as soon as I make a couple of minor adjustments.. FgjOZC.jpgpcGxXS.jpg6eKk4b.jpg

top print

Thanks!!

Lovely work!

Thanks Jamie!! Here is the link. I have not uploaded all the separate parts yet. Just uploaded the whole thing. Parts will be this week when I get time.  http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:614006

Thanks Kyle, I'll try and make one when I get time.

Update.. Parts are all uploaded!!

Nice job Kyle - Mike

Thanks guys!!

just started printing of the handle at 140 microns, it is a nice and smooth design.

The only thing printed at .09 was the emitter collar. The grip and end cap at .14 and I think the rest was at .19

i have not had the chance to poke around but, does MEK work well on the ZABS and UltraT? figured i could use MEK to connect the parts.

i have not had the chance to poke around but, does MEK work well on the ZABS and UltraT? figured i could use MEK to connect the parts.

Haven't tried it but I'm pretty sure it will. Test it on the raft first..

very cool and clean print Kyle :)

very cool and clean print Kyle :)

Thanks Marco!!! I still need to send that email. I'll send it after things slow down.. Happy New year to you and your +1..

thanks Kyle, likewise :) and yeah no worries about that email

Well I had finished the first print of the light saber but did not even get a chance to snap a picture before Roy took the print to CES. Needless to say that the Zortrax and the print were greatly received people loved the Saber and were impressed by the quality of the print and printer. 

now i have to make a mount to rest it on.

Awesome!!! Well at least one of my models made it to CES.. I didn't.. :(

i have some bronze filament i am testing right now so the next saber will have that as a part of it. 

on a side note, MAKE MORE! thanks :D

This is some really amazing work. I just finished printing the last of its parts and it's sitting in a vise until the superglue sets. I used Z-GLASS for the bubbles.