Platform falling during printing

Hi,
I bought a M200 Plus in 2018.
Unfortunately, I have never been able to trust this printer.
Why ? a LOT of bug (firmware problem, failed printings…) and bad design (rolling problem XY and Z axis, Z motor screw not aligned, bad XY axis brace…) → picture on request.
The printer had already go back to Zortrax for a checking → nothing was founded by the Zortrax team.
So, I choose to completely disassemble the printer, and found a lot of equipment assembly problem.
I corrected those I found, and reassemble the printer.
The last two years, I only had very rare errors… up to last week :frowning:

Today, all my printings are failing : at a time of printing (at start 00h15min, middle or end 05h00min) the plaform falls and the printing continues but obviously the filament no longer sticks (look picture).

Does somebody have a solution ?? Am I the only one who has this bug ?!
Thank you for your help !

I point out :

• I had this problem since a long time but not as frequent as today (systematically)
  • I don’t think that the problem comes from Zortrax printing file, because with the same file, the problem could appear at different moment at random during the printing (but obviously only one time by printing).
  • Could the update of the firmware be the cause ? I don’t think that, but I will try to dowgrade.
  • all my axis are clean, lubricated.
  • all my cable are connected
  • all weldings look good
  • today I print on a mirror platform (DIY)
  • the printer is equipped with walls and a top cover (DIY)
  • Maybe the problem appear with the heating of the printer : what piece could be heat sensitive ? connection pieces ?

video bug

hi
here, some more pictures

Hello Tibo,

Please check your inbox, I sent you a private message.

Best Regards

Hi Pawel,

Thanks for your help and sorry for my late response.
I send you a mail with test today.
As I explain in my mail, now an error message appear randomly :

Best Regards

The error message disappear after a cleaning and cable replug.

Here, the video of the bug (falling of the platform) :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S-IYqAabKvCOS1MCbciVm7bPp5KW19jE/view?usp=sharing

Here, another video of the bug :

Hello Tibo,

Thanks for the video, I just replied to you on DM.

Best Regards

Hi,

What was the solution for this as my M300 is doing the same thing.

Thanks

Hello @Hwestell7,

do you have any video that shows the problem? In general, most often the issue is caused by some lack of connection between the perforated plate/heatbed and heatbed cable. For example - the small connector on the perforated plate may be damaged. You can start with checking the connections and taking measurements as shown in this manual.

Best regards,
Karolina

Hi Karolina,

This doesn’t appear to be the issue as the print starts correctly every time. After a couple of hours of printing the platform falls all the way to the bottom of the machine whilst the printer continues to print above like nothing has happened.

Sorry for the delay of my answer :
unfortunatly the answer is NO
→ the problem is still not solved.
I choose to buy a Creality ender 3 (250€ instead of 2500€ !!!) and I put the zortrax M200+ aside.
No one has been able to identify the cause of the failure.
I don’t have time to think about it anymore.

The only issues proposed are the gradual change of several parts (in other word : It would be better to buy another printer !)

Maybe the remplacement of the heatbed could resolve ? (I don’t have another heatbed…)

To sum it up: I’m fed up ! and will never buy Zortrax again ! :confused:

Hello @Hwestell7,

would it be possible to record a video once the problem occurs? Please then send it to us via support form so we can discuss the case with our technicians, since the issue seems to be atypical one. It is surprising that the printer contiues the print despite the fact the platform falls all the way to the bottom. We definitely need to look further into the matter.

Best regards,
Karolina

Hello Tibo,

I’m sorry, but I have not received any reponse when I asked for a photo of the pins in your heatbed which could have been at fault. I definitely would have provided further assistance then.

Suggested parts that could be responsible for the given issue. Replacing them would be a quicker way to fix the problem, but if you prefer sending the printer to our service center for a repair - I would have also offered this solution.

Please note that since your printer is from an older batch, it is recommended to replace some parts.

Best Regards

Hi Paweł,
Thanks for your response
The pins have been already checked by the past (reseller asking - MAKERSHOP - 2019/04) - i will send you all the email (measurement, photos…).

“sending the printer to our service center for a repair”
The printer had already been send to zortrax (2019 june) → no problem found :confused:
case : 15489

But if you propose to sent a second time the printer to zortrax center → I’m ok with this proposition, but I will not spend 1 more euro.

Hello Tibo,

Sorry for this long reply due to my sick leave, will check your case with this and get back to you.

Best Regards