Retraction issues

Guys, I need your help. 

As we are constantly trying to improve our product, I would like you to share with me models that cause you most problems in terms of retraction (strings etc.).

Please, use that topic to do that (unless you have models that you don't want to share, then you can send it using PM, it stays with me - no worries)

I have issues with any model where the print head travels from one place to the next. I am just replacing the hotend and nozzle however so I shall find out if it was just an old nozzle. 

1 Like

The lattice frame from MakersMuse Youtube channel would make a good test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWRjCogOLzc

I feel that there is much more stringing issues than before. May be new version of Z-Suite ? I Tried to change hot end / nozzle, no success. Probably a software problem.

1 Like

Hi Marcin,

Have got some stringing with this print (Z-Ultra Pure Black)

equerre_montage.STL

equerre_montage.zcode

Best

bottom of the arm, but maybe I have a fan problem, I have to replace

Print3780

Robot_Maker_Faire_65pc.stl
badly the lower arms,

but maybe I have a problem of the cooling fan that I have to replace

bottom of the arm, but maybe I have a fan problem, I have to replace

replaced the cooling fan,

increase of support from 20% to 30% … also the lower part of the press is now improved.

Ideal would be to have “Inventure” … with double extruder and soluble supports

Hi All,

I download the cube as shown in the MakersMuse youtube video above as I have quite a bit of stringing on some other models I have and wanted to test my new M200 with the cube. Attached is the print straight off the bed.

A decent amount of stringing, and some larger "blobs" here and there. I'm curious to know if this is normal? Any thoughts as to how I can reduce the stringing?

Settings;

ZSuite 1.7.2.1, Firmware 1.0.5

Z-ABS, Layer 0.14, Infill Low, High Quality, Fan 100%, Support None

My m200 prints have looked a lot like that recently when it travels from one point to the other.

That sort of stringing is pretty normal for my M200, too.

That sort of stringing is pretty normal for my M200, too.

But shouldn't be..

But shouldn't be..

No argument from me.

Hi All,

I download the cube as shown in the MakersMuse youtube video above as I have quite a bit of stringing on some other models I have and wanted to test my new M200 with the cube. Attached is the print straight off the bed.

A decent amount of stringing, and some larger “blobs” here and there. I’m curious to know if this is normal? Any thoughts as to how I can reduce the stringing?

Settings;

ZSuite 1.7.2.1, Firmware 1.0.5

Z-ABS, Layer 0.14, Infill Low, High Quality, Fan 100%, Support None

I know that you’ve paid for it but could you please, send me ZCODE with those settings, please?

With ZABS I haven’t had that issue. But using the black ZUltrat I’m seeing a lot of it.

I know that you've paid for it but could you please, send me ZCODE with those settings, please?

Not cool to ask for a free copy of a proprietary design especially from a company that goes to such length to protect their own IP, like need a S/N to download Z-Suite or the firmware.

If it will help resolve the retraction and any other issues with printing the Lattice Cube Torture test I'll gladly buy a copy for you.  Just send me a PM.

Not cool to ask for a free copy of a proprietary design especially from a company that goes to such length to protect their own IP, like need a S/N to download Z-Suite or the firmware.

If it will help resolve the retraction and any other issues with printing the Lattice Cube Torture test I'll gladly buy a copy for you.  Just send me a PM.

:O 

Thats why I asked for ZCODE first, to check if its really that demanding in terms of retraction. We already bought that model though but thanks.

1 Like

Please tweak PETG retraction, I have problems every time I print (anything) more than one object on bed.

I see the same thing when I print multiple parts in PETG.

I see the same thing when I print multiple parts in PETG.

I totally agree with Michael on this one.  PETG is terrible for stringing.  I only ever use ABS and Ultrat now.  Has anybody had bad retraction issues from HIPS?

Cheers

Grant