Side covers with hooks for Zortrax M200 before and after ;)

Hi,

This is my NEW side covers for my Zortrax :P

IMG_2037N.png

IMG_2039N.png

Looks like the new model from Zortrax. Does the window swing out on hinges?  Looks quite good.

Are these new side covers from Zortrax? Tell us more about attachment system.

Yes ... this is new model from Zortrax with only front opening window.

This is manual to New Side covers:

These rectangles on the first photo box are magnets glued to printer aluminum housing by double-sided tape.

Zdj%C4%99cie%2030.03.2015%2C%2021%2036%2

Zdj%C4%99cie%2030.03.2015%2C%2021%2036%2

So the side panels are magnetically attached? Looks like a pretty well thought out design, though I'm not sure I could justify paying 4X the price over G2G's on ebay. 

Those look great! The fit looks perfect.

So the side panels are magnetically attached? Looks like a pretty well thought out design, though I'm not sure I could justify paying 4X the price over G2G's on ebay. 

I have a magnetic latch on my door.. Hinged of course . Easy open and close..

They do look nice. Nicer than mine but mine still do the job and they were cheap. lol If it aint fixed, don't break it....wait, scratch that, revers it. If it aint broken, don't fix it. haha

I have a magnetic latch on my door.. Hinged of course . Easy open and close..

I want to do this, but I don't want my reseller having any reason to be able to squirm out of the warranty (and I'm sure drilling holes would do that). 

I drilled no holes… 3M molding tape. To stick hinges to case and door.

I drilled no holes.. 3M molding tape. To stick hinges to case and door.

Willing to share the part files for the hardware?

Willing to share the part files for the hardware?

Sure.. What thickness is door..I'm using pretty thin plastic. I can adjust the hinge for you.. I'm just using the original Zortrax design.. I'll find it all when I get home.

Sure.. What thickness is door..I'm using pretty thin plastic. I can adjust the hinge for you.. I'm just using the original Zortrax design.. I'll find it all when I get home.

0.089" according to Ebay. If you have the model file that'd be awesome so I could customize it. 

0.089" according to Ebay. If you have the model file that'd be awesome so I could customize it. 

You use Designspark?

I want to do this, but I don't want my reseller having any reason to be able to squirm out of the warranty (and I'm sure drilling holes would do that). 

Getting out of a warranty from a hole in solid Metal? Now I see the possibility of a company trying to get out of a warranty but it is unlikely that the hole would cause any real issues... Personally, on a technician side of things, I would overlook the holes and act as if they were not there. On a reseller side I would say "HOW COULD YOU HURT THAT POOR LITTLE PRINTER". 

Octave is developing it's own warranty that will cover the Zortrax as it cover other printers, Octave has found it is always best to keep the customers happy even at our own expense.

-Michael

You use Designspark?

I use SolidWorks, but it recognizes quite a few different file formats.

I use SolidWorks, but it recognizes quite a few different file formats.

See if Rsdoc is one of them.. If not, can you modify from STL?

Getting out of a warranty from a hole in solid Metal? Now I see the possibility of a company trying to get out of a warranty but it is unlikely that the hole would cause any real issues... Personally, on a technician side of things, I would overlook the holes and act as if they were not there. On a reseller side I would say "HOW COULD YOU HURT THAT POOR LITTLE PRINTER". 

Octave is developing it's own warranty that will cover the Zortrax as it cover other printers, Octave has found it is always best to keep the customers happy even at our own expense.

-Michael

I just hate drilling holes in things.. Hurts the resale value if you decide to upgrade.. People don't like extra holes..

I just hate drilling holes in things.. Hurts the resale value if you decide to upgrade.. People don't like extra holes..

If the holes are there to allow for a swinging door, that's probably a selling point. 

I can work with STL's, but it is a huge PITA since every triangle is recognized as a separate surface.