Update suggestions

Here are some suggestions I have for software/firmware updates. I know some of these are already planned but I just wanted to include them all:

1. When print completes, lower bed so it is more easily removable

2. Option/setting to shutoff printer or go into standby after print completes

3. Cancel print button - Maybe holding down button on Zortrax for 10 seconds to stop print?

4. Time counter on printer to show how long a print has taken and estimated time remaining

5. Estimated print time in Zsuite software after support has been generated. This way we could try rotating an object to see if it would reduce support and print time

GREAT suggestions!!! E-stop is always good on anything CNC.

[quote name=The6uest]Here are some suggestions I have for software/firmware updates. I know some of these are already planned but I just wanted to include them all:

1. When print completes, lower bed so it is more easily removable

2. Option/setting to shutoff printer or go into standby after print completes

3. Cancel print button - Maybe holding down button on Zortrax for 10 seconds to stop print?

4. Time counter on printer to show how long a print has taken and estimated time remaining

5. Estimated print time in Zsuite software after support has been generated. This way we could try rotating an object to see if it would reduce support and print time
    [/quote]

6. Done

7. Today will be done

8. To do

9. It was done but not used need small tests

10. Done

11. Small blobs on the prints are eliminated now

We will post later new firmware and software before final release then everyone can test it without waiting for final version.

Best Regards

Hey Martin… He didn’t have 6 on the list… Wait until he brings it up… lol

[quote name=Kyle]Hey Martin… He didn’t have 6 on the list… Wait until he brings it up… lol
[/quote]

Taken from here http://zortrax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=34 :wink:

Best Regards

Great… Now you are using my comments against me… LOL…

Will there be a way to move the axis’s manually?

Excellent! I’m looking forward to the update! :slight_smile: I think I’ll wait until the update to print something else.

Will that update include the 5-point calibration too?

And will the update improve the vertical “seam” that is created on parts? This is where the printer stops one layer and goes up to the next layer.

[quote name=The6uest]And will the update improve the vertical “seam” that is created on parts? This is where the printer stops one layer and goes up to the next layer.
[/quote]

This is software issue, should be better but I have done only 2 prints with new settings and today in Poland is kind of national holiday.

Best Regards

No problem! Go celebrate and I’ll wait. :slight_smile:

One other suggestion I have for the Z-Suite is the ability to save STL files that have been modified in the software. So if we resize, rotate, and/or add more parts to build, we could save-as so that it can be opened again later.

I know we can save it as zcode, but zcode can’t be reopened and modified.

It would also be cool if we could select and scale multiple objects in Zsuite at the same time. I wanted to print an assembly with multiple parts but it was on separate STL files so I had to scale each one individually as I imported them into the software.

It would be great to adjust the airgap spacing (infill) manually for those of us who wish to experiment and who need a tighter “weave” than what is possible now on the system.

The current “full” infill isn’t very different from the “solid”, and I notice about 1mm airgap square grids that I would like to reduce to 0.25mm or less for greater strength.

I’d like to be able to adjust the tightness of the weave to get denser or looser fills - if it were doable using a slider instead of presets, you can have parts of the slider “locked” for advanced users only while the normal presets can still be snapped to for everyone else.

It would be nice if saved out as gcode so I could preview in my software

It would be nice to preview each slice with slider bar

It would be nice to get estimated time in preview

Hi,

Can you put in a view option where if turn on we could see about how tall, width lengh of the object going to print are ?

Or at the scale option can scale so max height, width, length ?

[quote name=ticanaus]Can you put in a view option where if turn on we could see about how tall, width lengh of the object going to print are ?
[/quote]

You can view the size of the object in Zsuite. The ‘box’ that is shown in the software is the maximum size that the M200 can print. So that is a good way of estimating the size.

@the6uest I want the exact size not the estimating size

If you are making the object to be printed, you would already know the size. If not, it would be good to know the X-Y-Z max size.

Hello, this is my first post, great printer, still searching for the one but I am heavily favouring the M200 right now.

I have a software feature request, or maybe it is already available and I haven’t noticed: can we pause the print? This could be done manually but if it could be done in the program at prescribed levels maybe the Z axis would raise (table down) then we could insert objects (such as metal plates, nuts, washers etc.) then resume print. I was heavily favouring the Hyrel Engine since it has this feature until I came across the M200.

Thank you,

Dhatw.