Update suggestions

[quote name=dhatw]Hello, this is my first post, great printer, still searching for the one but I am heavily favouring the M200 right now.

I have a software feature request, or maybe it is already available and I haven’t noticed: can we pause the print? This could be done manually but if it could be done in the program at prescribed levels maybe the Z axis would raise (table down) then we could insert objects (such as metal plates, nuts, washers etc.) then resume print. I was heavily favouring the Hyrel Engine since it has this feature until I came across the M200.

Thank you,

Dhatw.
[/quote]

Yes, good idea. I was going to ask this myself, but since suggestions are being treated as “create confusion in every topic about Zortrax design” I think I’ll pass.

Pause function would be awesome!!!

For now if you remove the SD card while it’s printing it will pause, but it takes a second before it stops. Put the SD card back in and it resumes. I guess this wouldn’t work with the future wifi update though.

The delay would not be desirable either as you would want the printer to pause at exactly the right spot so that you could insert whatever it is you would like to insert then resume printing over that object. I am a tool and die maker and a laser programmer and can see endless possibilities with metal inserts.

Dhatw.

My pause feature is not getting any love, is this something that is hard to implement or not worthy? I just would like to know, I think this might be the final straw. I am really liking the Zortrax and I am not saying I won’t get it if this feature is not enabled but it may seal the deal. I say may because I still have to convince the boss (that is my wife in case you don’t have that saying in Poland).

Thanks again and keep up the great work.

Dhatw.

I’m pretty sure they will introduce a pause feature in one of the later updates… The UP has it and also the Robox will have it…

Thank you Andre.

But I would like to hear that from Zortrax. I would ease my mind for sure. I realize they have a lot on their plate, I am not asking for this feature to be available to ship with my printer. I would just like to know if it is something they would even consider. It is not like I am going to start using it right away and use it all the time, I just think it is an awesome feature.

Dhatw.

That is fantastic, thank you Rafal.

Dhatw.

LOL… I have a “Boss” too… She thinks its pretty cool and sees the potential as a money maker. Not just a toy. Pause would be nice but not really needed as of yet. Just “set it and forget it” as they say on TV… :smiley:

[quote name=Kyle]LOL… I have a “Boss” too… She thinks its pretty cool and sees the potential as a money maker. Not just a toy. Pause would be nice but not really needed as of yet. Just “set it and forget it” as they say on TV… :smiley:
[/quote]

My wife is great, but we discuss all such purchases even thought it is “my” money. I will of course deny any of this if she asks. I trust that you won’t tell anyone I said that :slight_smile: The pause feature is to allow the insertion of metal objects such as plates, nuts, washers, pins etc. I am a laser programmer and can make plates with lots of holes in them similar to perf board. I you make a pocket for it then the printer pauses when that pocket has all but the top complete you can insert this plate (same for a nut or such) and then when you print on top of it it will fill in the holes and be as one. This plate could be used as an internal reinforcement or have additional features on it. Just an idea, I don’t even have a specific thing in mind, but certainly food for thought.

@dhatw, I thought of ‘pause’ for my own reasons, but i like yours better, threaded inserts, boss’s and mounts, excellent idea! design your models with pockets to accept the components, and pause the print to insert them. What if at some future point in the Z-Suite development a feature was added that you could select at which slice the printer paused (automatically) so that you could place the inserts, then wait for your input (button push) to resume printing. :/:cool:

[quote name=Geisterfahrer]@dhatw, I thought of ‘pause’ for my own reasons, but i like yours better, threaded inserts, boss’s and mounts, excellent idea! design your models with pockets to accept the components, and pause the print to insert them. What if at some future point in the Z-Suite development a feature was added that you could select at which slice the printer paused (automatically) so that you could place the inserts, then wait for your input (button push) to resume printing. :/:cool:
[/quote]

Yes exactly what I am talking about. The possibilities are endless.

Pause is very important - for changing colors or for changing spools if the filament is about to run out. The printer should lower the bed 25mm or so and keep the extruder hot so you can withdraw and then manually extrude before resuming the print at exactly the same point. This is how the Up/Afinia works.

@JuliaTruchsess, Agree. Changing colors and replacing empty spools very important. How is this handled now?

btw, what are you hiding behind in your Avatar? is it another printer?

[quote name=Geisterfahrer]@JuliaTruchsess, Agree. Changing colors and replacing empty spools very important. How is this handled now?

btw, what are you hiding behind in your Avatar? is it another printer?
[/quote]

Currently there is no way to handle it now. You just have to keep an eye on how much filament you have left.

This is what she’s behind.

Another really cool feature that would help out greatly would be adding a button to switch from mm to inches. That way if my software program that exports the STL file in a mm setting I can easily change it when laying out my prints in Z Suite. That was the one feature I liked about the BFB 3d Touch software…other than that the whole machine was a piece of crap compared to what i own now!..Zortrax!

hello,

I would love to see in the preview the amount of material used in grams and cm^3.

I would also like the preview to have a slider that lets you look at the slices.

I would also like the build table to lower after the build is done.

thanks

-Lou

Lou, your first and 3rd requests have been implemented in the updated software but it has not been officially released yet. I think they are working out some bugs.

thanks cant wait for new update !!

thanks cant wait for new update !!