Update suggestions

In addition to the time spent and time left function, I was thinking of a “logger” function where the printer logged every print to a txt file on the SD card (or something else). This way you would not forget to note the time, as there would be auto documentation of time spent on all the prints. This would also make my life easier when writing invoices, and keeping track of time spent 3d printing.

May I suggest that we can add in a feature to remove the support we don’t think we need after the slicing process? or maybe add or remove extra support maybe we want in the code file…

I would like to add to your suggestions. In the Zortrax Suite, I would like to see a button that would create a mirror image of the object you are creating. That way, you would only have to have, for example, the right hand side of an object, and you could get the left hand version of that object without additional programming. I know I would find it extremely useful.

[quote name=lewi]I would like to add to your suggestions. In the Zortrax Suite, I would like to see a button that would create a mirror image of the object you are creating. That way, you would only have to have, for example, the right hand side of an object, and you could get the left hand version of that object without additional programming. I know I would find it extremely useful.
[/quote]

Great idea

For now, to create mirror image, you can try to set negative scale (-1 for example) on the axis you want to be mirrored. Inner side of model will become outher but it should work.

I have 2 things that to me seem like great upgrades to have on Z-Suite. I have read about this on forum where they discuss Simplify3D.

1: Ability to slice large parts into smaller parts.

2: Ability to use different infill in different hights off the print so print time can go faster. Like first 20% use full infill but next 80% use light infill.

@Trhuster I was thinking of similar thing. Wouldn’t it be cool if you can selectively choose where to print in higher details and where to do light and full fill.

File this under - do when everything else is done ? :slight_smile:

An option to import an .stl several times would be great. I have small parts that need to be printed in batch, now I add the same .stl 8 times or more by hand. Being able to add them multiple times would be great, also keep them selected so the rotation and move works for all of them.

BTW: I do love the automatic placement as it is implemented now!

Another option that I would like is to be able to print without a raft, I want to print on glass.

+1 for raftless. This will help in the future when printing material like softPLA which doesn’t allow for easy raft removal.

Happy for this to come way down the list though.

[quote name=bluevoid]An option to import an .stl several times would be great. I have small parts that need to be printed in batch, now I add the same .stl 8 times or more by hand. Being able to add them multiple times would be great, also keep them selected so the rotation and move works for all of them.

Another option that I would like is to be able to print without a raft, I want to print on glass.
[/quote]
Can you copy and past your drawing in your design software to make a batch? Then just save batch as STL. That’s what I have done.

[quote name=Kyle][quote=bluevoid]An option to import an .stl several times would be great. I have small parts that need to be printed in batch, now I add the same .stl 8 times or more by hand. Being able to add them multiple times would be great, also keep them selected so the rotation and move works for all of them.

[/quote]
Can you copy and past your drawing in your design software to make a batch? Then just save batch as STL. That’s what I have done.
[/quote]

I will give that a try, thanks for the tip!

I am overall superimpressed by the prints i got this far. But some thing can be better ofcourse. For one it leaves small gaps on top and bottom surfaces, i think z-suite can do a better job. For second it drags nozzle over top layer and leaves ugly marks. Mabey lift Z some when using fast movement on last top layer?

[quote name=bluevoid]An option to import an .stl several times would be great. I have small parts that need to be printed in batch, now I add the same .stl 8 times or more by hand. Being able to add them multiple times would be great, also keep them selected so the rotation and move works for all of them.

[/quote]

Rather than “import an stl several times”, I think this featured is better implemented as a “duplicate” or “add n copies” command. That way any rotation or scaling that you did get duplicated as well. Right now it’s very cumbersome to have to import/rotate-import/rotate, etc. to make 12 copies of something. And yes, I could do the rotation in my CAD software, and I could create the duplicates in a “batch” or “plate” file in CAD, but that’s a much less efficient and convenient method. The CAD program is for designing the part itself. The details of orienting the model for correct fabrication, the number of copied to be fabricated, and the details of the fabrication process are all the province of the machine that does the fabrication, i.e. the Zortrax and its software.

[quote name=bluevoid]Another option that I would like is to be able to print without a raft, I want to print on glass.
[/quote]

I don’t think you’ll be able to print on glass unless you can totally disable automatic height calibration. The nozzle will not enjoy having a piece of non-conductive glass in its way when it’s trying to find the contacts in the bed…

[quote name=Julia Truchsess][quote=bluevoid]Another option that I would like is to be able to print without a raft, I want to print on glass.
[/quote]

I don’t think you’ll be able to print on glass unless you can totally disable automatic height calibration. The nozzle will not enjoy having a piece of non-conductive glass in its way when it’s trying to find the contacts in the bed…
[/quote]

I was thinking of “fooling” the height calibration by putting a piece of aluminium foil on top of the glass During calbration. The foil being connected to the bed of course.

[quote name=Julia Truchsess]I don’t think you’ll be able to print on glass unless you can totally disable automatic height calibration. The nozzle will not enjoy having a piece of non-conductive glass in its way when it’s trying to find the contacts in the bed…
[/quote]

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking too. Unless Zortrax builds a special glass bed with metal plates built in the locations where the nozzle checks calibration. Or a glass-smooth metal plate to print directly on? :wink:

[quote name=The6uest][quote=Julia Truchsess]I don’t think you’ll be able to print on glass unless you can totally disable automatic height calibration. The nozzle will not enjoy having a piece of non-conductive glass in its way when it’s trying to find the contacts in the bed…
[/quote]

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking too. Unless Zortrax builds a special glass bed with metal plates built in the locations where the nozzle checks calibration. Or a glass-smooth metal plate to print directly on? :wink:
[/quote]

I would LOVE if they built something like that. I know a lot of people think ABS and glass are incompatible, but I have great experiences with it.

HELLO

CAN THE INFILL (FULL SETTING) IN Z-SUITE BE ACTUALLY A SOLID FILL, INSTEAD OF RASTER FILL ?

THANK YOU

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to post this post for checking if you share the same upgrade needs. Here are my new needs :

1) Possibility to hollow out on Z-Suite the parts with parametral width options. This will considerably increase the printing speed in many cases. For example, i would like to print only the shape of one full "object" for obtaining one shell and then if needed, pour some resin inside this shell.

2) Possibility to upgrade the M200 3D printer with a dual extruders. It would be more than necessary sometimes to print the supports in one soluble material like the PVA or the HIPS. It happened to me lot of times to cannot print parts with internal cavity which requires support because once the part is totally printed it would be impossible to remove the supports. So the upgrade would include one longer spools holder for holding two spools and one other "block extruder" which would integrate this time two extruders.

3) More materials ! I red many times that Zortrax will provide new filaments materials like Nylon and P-Cabs and I am more than please about it because it s more than necessary. I just want to rewrite my need to print technical/mechanical parts in Nylon urgently. And it would be amazing if soon we could have some transparent material too !

Here we go, I surely forgot few points but I am counting on this community to add new possible upgrades. The Zortrax team is pretty aware of new ideas from customers and I hope we can suggest them these upgrades.

Thank you.

Hello everyone,

i want to add one possibles upagrade :

4) Automatically turn off the 3D Printer M-200 after a parametral delay time option (like the computers). Simply because for non wasting production time, I always start the long 3D prints during the night. But I don't like the fact that the machine gonna stays turned on for couples of hours after finishing a print and before I ll come back the next morning for turn it off. It would be nice for saving energy and time life of the 3D Printer M-200. (Yes, I know the existence of the timer plugs ;) )

Thank you