v2 Hotend trouble heating

Hi,

Just installed the V2 hotend and the v2 pref. plate. I noticed it takes much longer to fully heat the hotend and when it get around 97% it just goes back and forth from 97 to 98 and so on till 100% for about 5 mins or so. With the V1 hotend it didn't do this. Is anyone else having this problem? 

I had a similar issue with the V1 hotend, just had to turn off the machine and restart and it worked, same issue with the V1 build plate too, reboot machine worked.

Hi,

Just installed the V2 hotend and the v2 pref. plate. I noticed it takes much longer to fully heat the hotend and when it get around 97% it just goes back and forth from 97 to 98 and so on till 100% for about 5 mins or so. With the V1 hotend it didn't do this. Is anyone else having this problem? 

Hi Nick,

Did you install the new hot end in its entirety - block, nozzle, tube, heater, sensor? Or did you keep your old heater and sensor? The only time I had a heater unable to finish heating, it turned out to be a worn-out  heater and replacement solved it.

It's possible to change over to the v2 tube (and block if desired) while keeping your old sensor and heater, and in fact it's a lot easier because you don't have to pull the wires through the printer carriage.

julia

Hi Nick,

Did you install the new hot end in its entirety - block, nozzle, tube, heater, sensor? Or did you keep your old heater and sensor? The only time I had a heater unable to finish heating, it turned out to be a worn-out  heater and replacement solved it.

It's possible to change over to the v2 tube (and block if desired) while keeping your old sensor and heater, and in fact it's a lot easier because you don't have to pull the wires through the printer carriage.

julia

Hi Julia,

I ordered the Hotend thinking everything would come with for $80!! But found out it was just the tube and block. It did heat just takes longer. It seems like the heater does not go as far into the block as it did on the v1. Not my much but thinking maybe this is why. I would think the part is not warn out due to it being only a few weeks old just got the printer.

Thanks nick

Really?? I've purchased a number of replacement hot ends in the past, and they've always included nozzle, heater, and sensor in addition to the tube and block. I don't know if yours was an error in fulfillment of if Zortrax has changed the contents of the "replacement hot end" kit; you might want to send an email to store support.

The V2 hot end I received a week ago or so has just the tube, block, and nozzle - no heater cartridge or temperature sensor.

Mike

Hi Nick,

julia

Reached my quota of likes so I'm replying to say "I like this".

Ya I dont think it comes with it any more witch is a total rip off. If im ordering a hotend it should come with all parts!! But any way I used the block from the V1 with the V2 tube it heated up much faster so just gonna use it like that. 

Ya I dont think it comes with it any more witch is a total rip off. If im ordering a hotend it should come with all parts!! But any way I used the block from the V1 with the V2 tube it heated up much faster so just gonna use it like that. 

Especially since the heater and sensor are not listed on the Zortrax store.

Mike

The image on the store does not show cables from a heater and thermistor and with no info about what you are buying I guess they intend for you to figure it out on your own.

Really?? I've purchased a number of replacement hot ends in the past, and they've always included nozzle, heater, and sensor in addition to the tube and block. I don't know if yours was an error in fulfillment of if Zortrax has changed the contents of the "replacement hot end" kit; you might want to send an email to store support.

Im sending them a email any way thats way to much money for just the block and tube. I want all the hotend parts!

The image on the store does not show cables from a heater and thermistor and with no info about what you are buying I guess they intend for you to figure it out on your own.

Ya i guess so. Dont you agree that $80 is alot for just the block and tube??

I think it would be nice if they offered just the tube (at a reasonable price) for users upgrading from v1 to v2 who don't need all the other parts, and a complete hot end with all parts for those who want it. It's very easy to change the tube - just two screws.

Ya i guess so. Dont you agree that $80 is alot for just the block and tube??

Maybe, but I've spent more on upgrades and small machined parts runs early on can be expensive.

I would only be upset that there are no explanations of exactly what you are buying for any of the parts or products on the site.

I agree with both of you, They should offer the tube only or everything and they should list what your buying. I noticed if you add a item to the cart and go into the cart you can add items in there and it does have a description next to the item in there.

this is what it says for the V2 hot end

Hotend V2

Heating block for precise filament extruding. Provided with nozzle. It's recommended to use with all materials from Z-Filament Series and new materials which will be launched soon. Replace Hotend V1 with this new version and achieve better printing results.

I just spent the evening installing the new V2 hot end that may or not have been over priced but under explained as to what I was really buying and there were issues, I think there is a coating of varnish or protect-ant of some kind on the nozzle tip as after repeatedly ramming it into the build plate because it was not making the electrical contact to set the gap I finally scuffed the tip with an emery board and got a good contact.

Now happily running the printer and plan on trying that dusty spool of ZGlass that has been rolling around my office for a long time tomorrow.

By the way this is what I got for my "Up Plus Pro" a couple (beginning of the year) of months ago and mentioned it to Zortrax in a long letter about improvements, I'm sure they already knew about it but it was nice to see them take steps in the right direction with this..

http://recreus.com/en/hotends/22recreus-hot-end.html

Also had the slow heat-up issue with the extruder waited 30 minutes watching it go from 98% to 97%, back and forth but was able to jump the last 2 degrees by switching a little switch, then as the printer started I switched the little switch back and happy printing for the last 4 hours with no problems.

the old one did came with the sensor and heater  for the same price (59€)

jbg8tdt9Zt4QyE.jpg

I have just contacted the Zortrax support, they said:

"new Hotend is not provided with Thermocoupler and Heater. You can use your old ones, they will work perfectly fine."

:rolleyes: 

I just spent the evening installing the new V2 hot end that may or not have been over priced but under explained as to what I was really buying and there were issues, I think there is a coating of varnish or protect-ant of some kind on the nozzle tip as after repeatedly ramming it into the build plate because it was not making the electrical contact to set the gap I finally scuffed the tip with an emery board and got a good contact.

Now happily running the printer and plan on trying that dusty spool of ZGlass that has been rolling around my office for a long time tomorrow.

By the way this is what I got for my "Up Plus Pro" a couple (beginning of the year) of months ago and mentioned it to Zortrax in a long letter about improvements, I'm sure they already knew about it but it was nice to see them take steps in the right direction with this..

http://recreus.com/en/hotends/22recreus-hot-end.html

Also had the slow heat-up issue with the extruder waited 30 minutes watching it go from 98% to 97%, back and forth but was able to jump the last 2 degrees by switching a little switch, then as the printer started I switched the little switch back and happy printing for the last 4 hours with no problems.

Hi,

To solve the heating problem take the tube from the V2 and put it on the block from the V1. Thats what i did and it worked so much better.