v2 Hotend trouble heating

That really makes me mad. We are being ripped off now with the V2 hotend with no price change!!

the old one did came with the sensor and heater  for the same price (59€)

jbg8tdt9Zt4QyE.jpg

Yes they told me the same thing. Still not right!

I have just contacted the Zortrax support, they said:

"new Hotend is not provided with Thermocoupler and Heater. You can use your old ones, they will work perfectly fine."

:rolleyes: 

Hi,

To solve the heating problem take the tube from the V2 and put it on the block from the V1. Thats what i did and it worked so much better.

Thanks, will try that if it keeps being so slow on the heat up.

Hi,

To solve the heating problem take the tube from the V2 and put it on the block from the V1. Thats what i did and it worked so much better.

They really need to sell just the V2 tube; paying 80 bucks just to use the tube is ridiculous.

$80 plus shipping for two small items they sent them in a box that was 8x8x8 with a crapload of packaging material. Now Im no expert in shipping but I do not think there needed to be a massive box that costs quite a bit for something so small. I think to avoid more issues ill just swap out the barrels from V1 to V2.

Just swapped to the V2 hotend. I measured the dimensions in comparison to the V1 block and there’s no difference…hole diameters, depths, all identical. So unsurprisingly the V2 worked exactly like the old one in my case.

I can’t think of anything that would make the V2 block behave differently… Did you find anything dimensionally?

It’s important that you don’t push the heater in all the way… otherwise the grub screw will not clamp it.

Just swapped to the V2 hotend. I measured the dimensions in comparison to the V1 block and there's no difference...hole diameters, depths, all identical. So unsurprisingly the V2 worked exactly like the old one in my case.

I can’t think of anything that would make the V2 block behave differently… Did you find anything dimensionally?

It’s important that you don’t push the heater in all the way… otherwise the grub screw will not clamp it.

This is the one with the curved cross-section? The one I received last month had a v1 block without curves,but the v2 tube. But I agree that it seems really unlikely that minor changes in the shape of the block would make a big difference in heating time or PID loop function.

Yeah...mine has the new curved design on the outside...internally it's all the same.

I have the same problem ... and by the way my nozzle on hotend V2 is damaged and so the engine of the extruder jumps with the classic "clicking" ... I tried with the old nozzle and work great, but also I have this "problem" of long time to reach 100% of the temperature ...

azzoni did you contacted with our support?

azzoni did you contacted with our support?

Yes, thanks!

So support told me they charge the same price for the V1 and V2 without the heater or sender because its better! Thats what the told me better really wow.

The hotend v2 is better because you can print without any problems from Z-Glass material, and the new one which will be available after we done tests and production.

The hotend v2 is better because you can print without any problems from Z-Glass material, and the new one which will be available after we done tests and production.

Ya i know its better then the V1 but for them to charge the same price and leave out the major parts is kinda a rip off!

If something is too expensive for me, then I don’t buy it :slight_smile:

Ya i know its better then the V1 but for them to charge the same price and leave out the major parts is kinda a rip off!

This major parts about which you talking (heater and thermocouple) should be never there and it was misunderstanding at V1 between packing and sales facility :slight_smile: Overall thermocouple and heater is not consumable part and is rare to have it damaged, but is very easy to damage it and other things at time when customers try to replace working heater+thermocouple into new heater+thermocouple which they got together with hotend - at end of the day it will finish as always “I didn’t broke cables, I didn’t damaged connector, I didn’t made shortcut” - “I got faulty heater and thermocouple” :wink:

Because human nature is always same… if I got new heater and thermocouple with hotend then it means I have to replace it together with hotend :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Martin

This major parts about which you talking (heater and thermocouple) should be never there and it was misunderstanding at V1 between packing and sales facility :) Overall thermocouple and heater is not consumable part and is rare to have it damaged, but is very easy to damage it and other things at time when customers try to replace working heater+thermocouple into new heater+thermocouple which they got together with hotend - at end of the day it will finish as always "I didn't broke cables, I didn't damaged connector, I didn't made shortcut" - "I got faulty heater and thermocouple" ;)

Because human nature is always same… if I got new heater and thermocouple with hotend then it means I have to replace it together with hotend :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Martin

This is an understandable position, and I agree that if it all comes together people will think that all of it needs to be changed. But if they don’t come with, they should be offered separately so we have access to replacement parts. Also, requiring us to pay $80 for an entire assembly in order to use filament that was supposed to work in the first place when all we really need is the feed tube is quite unreasonable. I would personally appreciate it if just the tube were available (and I’m sure I’m not alone).

I agree with labrat. Tube is a single CNC part with plastic insert. I would think that it could be sold for a lot less than US$80 without Zortrax losing money on it. If it makes possible the use of existing and future Z-materials, then in my opinion (fwiw) it should be sold at cost to users wanting to upgrade older machines.

@LabRat

Trust me that you need for better future new curved block also.

Nobody is forced to buying V2.

If is about counting money and losses then I can say that even if everyone upgrade hotend into V2 then counting investment on machines equipement R&D etc. we still donate xx USD to every sold hotend :wink: Because starting from V2 we manufacturing it in house to have better control over materials, quality, our future development and lead time.

Best Regards

Martin

If is about counting money and losses then I can say that even if everyone upgrade hotend into V2 then counting investment on machines equipement R&D etc. we still donate xx USD to every sold hotend ;) Because starting from V2 we manufacturing it in house to have better control over materials, quality, our future development and lead time.

Thanks, Martin. This is the kind of good straight info that helps people understand.