v2 Hotend trouble heating

Trust me that you need for better future new curved block also.

I would be very interested in hearing more explanation about that.

@LabRat

Trust me that you need for better future new curved block also.

Nobody is forced to buying V2.

[…]

Best Regards

Martin

I have done my absolute best to be civil and give you the benefit of the doubt, and all I get in return is pure arrogance.

“Trust me that you need for better future new curved block also.”

Really? And why is that? Another member already measured the same dimensions and weight, so unless it’s a different material with different thermal conductivity I fail to see any reason this would be true. Want me to believe you? Add an explanation. After all, isn’t Rafal always dismissing everything we say since we “don’t have proof”?

“Nobody is forced to buying V2.”

Are you F*****G kidding me?? You lock down all options so we can only use your filament, and then we have to “upgrade” to even be able to use that filament and this is somehow not being forced to buy it?? You’re right, nobody is holding a gun to my head, but if I EVER want to use ANYTHING other than abs or Ultra I NEED to buy one!

Honestly if you don’t start treating customers better we’ll drop like flies as soon as a comparable printer hits the market. And with how quick newer better ones are hitting the market, how long do you think it’ll be till that happens?

I have done my absolute best to be civil and give you the benefit of the doubt, and all I get in return is pure arrogance.

“Trust me that you need for better future new curved block also.”

Really? And why is that? Another member already measured the same dimensions and weight, so unless it’s a different material with different thermal conductivity I fail to see any reason this would be true. Want me to believe you? Add an explanation. After all, isn’t Rafal always dismissing everything we say since we “don’t have proof”?

If you believe for forum experts and they CAD data and ‘thermal and conductivity simulations’ results then what more I can write :slight_smile:

From one side everyone here try to say that new aluminum block is same from other side it have ‘problem’ with heating (firmware with new setting on the way), then is hard to say that both blocks are same if reports say that it is same and then same users said that it is not same because of heating process :slight_smile:

"Nobody is forced to buying V2."

Are you F*****G kidding me?? You lock down all options so we can only use your filament, and then we have to “upgrade” to even be able to use that filament and this is somehow not being forced to buy it?? You’re right, nobody is holding a gun to my head, but if I EVER want to use ANYTHING other than abs or Ultra I NEED to buy one!

And here is the point “if I EVER want to use ANYTHING other than abs or Ultra I NEED to buy one!” nobody removed any functionality from your printer just we found and offer for you way to extend functionalities.

Honestly if you don't start treating customers better we'll drop like flies as soon as a comparable printer hits the market. And with how quick newer better ones are hitting the market, how long do you think it'll be till that happens?

I just try to turn some users emotions around the forum into pure logic nothing more.

Best Regards

Martin

Thanks, Martin. This is the kind of good straight info that helps people understand.

How it’s made: nozzle and hotend parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Ceak97WMI

Best Regards

Martin

The video is private. ;)

Changed, thank you for report.

Best Regards

Martin

Following the forum a few weeks, and this what I see is amazing, users require a complete change of company policies require improvements and updates, they want answers on the questions … the company give updates, making improvements and users are outraged - this is a nonsense o.O

Labrat, buying Zortrax M200 you know that you have to use them filament, now you feel pain? A little bit of culture in the statements and throwing slander on the left and right.

At present, this printer has the best print quality, and this is why they do not use materials from various sources and do not use the standard slicer. The software is so easy to use that within an hour you know all the features, but not for you because now you said that this is wrong direction :slight_smile:

Really I’m shocked…

Since you decided to delete your post I'll go ahead and just quote the interesting bit:

[...]

And here is the point 'if I EVER want to use ANYTHING other than abs or Ultra I NEED to buy one!' nobody removed any functionality from your printer just we found and offer for you way to extend functionalities."

[...]

Lets say that a car comes out that currently only runs gasoline but promises that it will be able to run hydrogen too. You save up for a long time and finally buy it. You like how it performs on gasoline, but what you really want is the hydrogen. They finally introduce the hydrogen, but you find out that you have to buy a new engine in order to use it. They say that it's completely justified since they're not limiting the current capabilities of the vehicle. Would that not be an intensely frustrating experience? 

So since the new filaments were promised from the very start, I DO consider them removed functionality (actually functionality that I was promised but never provided) if I cannot use them. And yes, I understand that it's only $80 (well, really ~100 with shipping) but I am a graduate student that has to track every single dollar spent so it is actually a pretty big deal to me. 

Following the forum a few weeks, and this what I see is amazing, users require a complete change of company policies require improvements and updates, they want answers on the questions ... the company give updates, making improvements and users are outraged - this is a nonsense o.O

Labrat, buying Zortrax M200 you know that you have to use them filament, now you feel pain? A little bit of culture in the statements and throwing slander on the left and right.

At present, this printer has the best print quality, and this is why they do not use materials from various sources and do not use the standard slicer. The software is so easy to use that within an hour you know all the features, but not for you because now you said that this is wrong direction :slight_smile:

Really I’m shocked…

Please feel free to re-read my comments. At no point did I say that I was unhappy that I have to use their filament - in fact my issue is quite the opposite: without upgrading my hotend I can't even use Z filaments. Please go back through my previous posts to see that I love the quality of my printer and the parts it prints and often sing praise for it, and have even defended it on several occasions.  My issue is the way with which the company communicates with and treats its customers. 

Actually it is quite common in high tech to have to buy upgrades to use the full capability of the product, in CNC machines it is almost universal. Go price a Haas CNC mill for example - by the time you bought all the options to do what it says on the brochure cover, you will have about 2x the base price in it. And you will be paying several thousand dollars a year just to talk to someone about it. 

Products range in complexity from a pencil (usually no options available or required) to a nuclear power plant (very many options available and probably required). An inexpensive 3d printer is somewhere in between. What is "normal" for the inexpensive 3D printer business? I don't think it is old enough for that to have been established. 

Thanks for the info swarf rat; I guess it isn’t completely without precedent. Though I think the primary difference is that there is little precedent for the consumer market. I guess we’ll just have to see which way the 3d industry will go, but it’s pretty obvious where Zortrax stands.

Well I'm not necessarily going to be the apologist for Zortrax, but I have been involved in several startups and at the beginning you make promises before you have worked out the details. That's how venture funded startups work. Very frequently the details cause the promises to have to be 'adjusted'. I've been there myself. 

I wasn't one of the original Kickstarter purchasers so I wasn't promised anything, but: weighed in the scales of Kickstarter, I would say that Zortrax delivery/promise ratio is well above the average. One thing to admire at Zortrax is you are talking to the engineers, not some no-nothing marketing dweeb. Usually management tries to keep the engineers in the background, because they can be a bit too frank with their answers - as we may have seen here. 

While the $80 may not have been budgeted, it is, after all, only 1.5 rolls of filament. 

I have to admit that at times people complaining about pricing make me laugh a bit , after reading all the post here I must agree that  when a company changes/upgrades bits and peaces then they should spell out to their customers what has changed and what you get when you purchase that particular upgraded peace ,after all thats just good business practice and good customer relations , as for pricing , here in Australia we pay a LOT more than most you , I didnt purchase my machine directly from Zortrax but from their agent over here , it cost me nearly $500 extra for the machine here than it would have been from Zortrax , But i was more than happy to pay that extra just for the peace of mind that I was dealing with a company that go's all out for their customers , and as soon as their shipment for v2 platforms and hot ends arrives I'll be getting them from  the local agent as well . My point here is that Zortrax as a company and their agents are far better than most of the other 3D Printer companies around , they do listen to the concerns of the customers and even though they cant do everything at once , they are getting there step by step 

as long as topic title stays "v2 Hotend trouble heating", it's the place to share that i just changed a hotend to an m200 and heated it side by side a v1, difference between them was just a few seconds

Hey Fans and Trolls!

All of our printers received in last weeks shipment have the V2 nozzles on them now. All of the resellers here in the USA either already do or will soon have these printers that come with the V2 as standard. (the same holds true for the perforated platform)

We want to assure you that Zortrax is actively engaged in bringing you the best 3d printing experience available in the desktop scene and after having reviewed chatter on this and other forums I would like to make the community aware of the following:

The V2 hotend is not only in direct response to a largely reported issue that users where having with the new Z-Glass material. Zortrax is always looking to improve upon the M200 printer as it is their flagship product and they seek to have it remain so even with the announcing of new printers rolling out. (shout out to the Inventure announced earlier today) I would like to make it know that that several of our users have had great experience in printing with the glass with their V1 hotends. They have found through creativity, troubleshooting, and a bit of adaptation this solution:  

By raising the filament being feed up higher then the extruder and then removing the filament guide tube, this has resolved the issue of the filament binding and causing a failed print due to the combined tension caused by the extruder and tube alike.

That being said, it is not the aim of Zortrax to provide the consumer with just a good or even great experience in your printing endeavors. As 3D Hubs user base has rated them for several months now, Zortrax is about providing you the best experience available in this industry. In this situation it was not just a simple tweek to the software to get those continued results. The Zortrax team has never charged the customer for their Z-Suite software or the expansion and improvements in updates that continually roll out. We don't feel that due to the nature and differences of "physical" versus "digital" product that they should be expected to do the same with new hardware advances.

We do understand the desire of many out there that currently have the V1 hotends and are looking to upgrade to the V2 recently released. Be assured that we and our team of resellers here in the USA are already in the process of bringing them in stock and having them on hand for you.

Hey Fans and Trolls!

[bla bla SPAM more bla]

You do realize that we don't appreciate spam... right? I like trying to support the little guys and am typically happy ordering from you when I can, but flagrant self-advertising on the public forum is pretty annoying (seriously, we all own Zortraxes already - you can cut the pitch). 

I do apologize as this was not our intention, and as for "V2 Hotend trouble heating" we are aware of few reports coming in that are having this problem. We will be working/troubleshooting on some of these units in the next few days and together with the Zortrax team we want to let you know as soon as we can what needs to be done.

Until then, we'll keep you posted! 

I do apologize as this was not our intention, and as for "V2 Hotend trouble heating" we are aware of few reports coming in that are having this problem. We will be working/troubleshooting on some of these units in the next few days and together with the Zortrax team we want to let you know as soon as we can what needs to be done.

Until then, we'll keep you posted! 

No worries.  :D  And I apologize if I came across harsh; subtlety is not always my strongsuit.   :rolleyes:

I own a couple of M200's, thinking about upgrading to this v2 bandwagon.

Has anyone noticed any improvements whatsoever? From Andre's report there doesnt seem to be much different.

I own a couple of M200's, thinking about upgrading to this v2 bandwagon.

Has anyone noticed any improvements whatsoever? From Andre's report there doesnt seem to be much different.

For ABS, Ultra-T, and HIPS the V2 makes little or no difference and is not required. For other materials, the V2 hot end is pretty much mandatory.