version 1.00

must admit a little disappointed with version 1,00 , after all the hype the only real difference just seems to be a slightly different interface and look , i'm doing a new print with new version of z-suite now that'll take just under 37 hours to finish so i'll comment further on it after tbat

Anyone from Zortrax staff care to explain how this automatic bridging works?

As a Mac user, it is a major step towards reliability! Also, it shows the infill. Still seems to have trouble with thin walls though.

Good job.Thank you.But there is no automatic shutdown after printing.

about  Option/setting to shutoff printer or go into standby after print completes.

LOL had to abandon the print due to excessive warping , first time for everything i guess

LOL had to abandon the print due to excessive warping , first time for everything i guess

I think the solution is to apply some paper glue (stick form) on the platform and leveling it.

must admit a little disappointed with version 1,00 , after all the hype the only real difference just seems to be a slightly different interface and look

A lot f things was tuned hundreds of function rewritten, optimization done, many small bugs solved (maybe new created) etc. programming process is not what you see and feel it is about what is deeply inside and how it working :slight_smile: Plus now it is real multi platform application which looks and works same on the Win/Mac

Best Regards

Martin

believe me i Know what programming is , been a programer for over 35 years with companies like mcafee anti-virus , redback an a few more

I like the new design and I noticed a significant improvement on the display/graphics performance side.

I just tested a very complex STL file that would not display the zcode with 0.9.6 on my current PC …it said not enough resources or low frame rate or something like that.

Now with 1.0 it displays the zcode smoothly including the infill! Really a big step forward!

Good job.Thank you.But there is no automatic shutdown after printing.

about  Option/setting to shutoff printer or go into standby after print completes.

The hardware does not support this, it is not something that can be implemented in software.

The updated z-suite freezes on my computer when I click on the z-suite tab in the windows task bar to maximize the window. The program doesn't freeze completely, it just still shows half of whatever window I had open before, and parts of the z-suite program. If I minimize all windows and then maximize z-suite, it is fine.  This never happened before on the older versions.

Anyone from Zortrax staff care to explain how this automatic bridging works?

What automatic bridging??

What automatic bridging??

Item #4 on the "New Features Added" list: "- Added automatic generation of the bridges"

Definitely needs some explanation.

Item #4 on the "New Features Added" list: "- Added automatic generation of the bridges"

Definitely needs some explanation.

I believe is referring to the creation of bridges between small gaps without creating supports.
Using the new version I printed a model with a 3mm hole on a vertical wall, usually a small support was printed inside the hole, with the new version nope

Previous versions didn´t work good in my APPLE computers with YOSEMITE.

I tested various STL printed previously and now it works fine, and improves the graphics performance.

Now is possible to see all the layers and the support structure.

I really think is a good job!!! Thanks ZORTRAX

Holy crap, how did I miss the release?? There goes my afternoon...

Has anybody noticed thin-wall improvement? That was my single biggest hope for this release. 

Has anybody noticed thin-wall improvement? That was my single biggest hope for this release. 

Sadly, no. See my bug report.

Holy crap, how did I miss the release?? There goes my afternoon...

No improvement, still the layers are too pressed, so a 0.5 thick wall become about 1.1-1.3 when printed and the finishing is not good.

The hardware does not support this, it is not something that can be implemented in software.

I agree, however it would be nice if the steppers were turned off as well as the fan after the hot end cools. I've had a few fans fail, as have others. Perhaps turning the heat break fan off when not needed would at least extend their life.

Still rather see Wifi implemented first, as well as a slew of other features.

No improvement, still the layers are too pressed, so a 0.5 thick wall become about 1.1-1.3 when printed and the finishing is not good.

1mm walls are pretty much a minimum industry standard for FDM, as well as other technologies. Not sure how you expect to print .5mm walls with a .4mm nozzle.

I agree, however it would be nice if the steppers were turned off as well as the fan after the hot end cools. I've had a few fans fail, as have others. Perhaps turning the heat break fan off when not needed would at least extend their life.

Still rather see Wifi implemented first, as well as a slew of other features.

Absolutely, and easily do-able, since the axes are all zeroed at the start of each print anyway. The only thing that can't be turned off is the power supply and its fan.