version 1.00

Wouldn't it need some kind of temp sensor to decide when it turns off cause I am sure the fan is there for a reason like making sure heat doesn't rise up into the computer boards on top of the stepper and that the stepper doesn't get so hot.

So deciding when it gets turned off would need a sensor right? Cause wouldn't an option like that and people turn it off when they don't think they need it cause failure in some parts that wouldn't normally fail with the fan on constantly?

Thanks

Wouldn't it need some kind of temp sensor to decide when it turns off cause I am sure the fan is there for a reason like making sure heat doesn't rise up into the computer boards on top of the stepper and that the stepper doesn't get so hot.

So deciding when it gets turned off would need a sensor right? Cause wouldn't an option like that and people turn it off when they don't think they need it cause failure in some parts that wouldn't normally fail with the fan on constantly?

Thanks

The printer has 3 fans: two on the extruder and one inside the power supply. The two on the extruder can safely be turned off if the extruder heater and stepper are turned off. All of these are under software control. The one in the power supply can probably not be turned off via software, so it's moot.

Actually it’s 4 fans… (At least on my V1)… There’s another right under the mainboard

1mm walls are pretty much a minimum industry standard for FDM, as well as other technologies. Not sure how you expect to print .5mm walls with a .4mm nozzle.

I don't pretend to print 0.5mm walls but it should be a welcome plus.

Supports are nice 0.4mm walls and are printed with .4mm nozzle, so it's possible. It's only a matter of the quantity of extruded material/distance

In the meantime I'd like to print 1mm walls and get 1mm walls, not 1.2mm

Actually it's 4 fans... (At least on my V1)... There's another right under the mainboard

Oh yes, you're right, forgot that one. I doubt it's under software control. Never heard of that one failing on anyone, though.

1mm walls are pretty much a minimum industry standard for FDM, as well as other technologies. Not sure how you expect to print .5mm walls with a .4mm nozzle.

The issue (at least for me) isn't that it won't do smaller, it's that it won't reliably do infill from 1~2.5mm, and it waits for a part to be thick enough to do zigg-zagg instead of just doing multiple shells which would be higher strength, look nicer and ever print quicker with less wear since it's smooth travel. Extremely aggravating, and it could be fixed with something as simple as number of shells option. 

But I would really appreciate a single wall setting, and since it can print support at this thickness I see no reason it couldn't do it for a part. 

I believe is referring to the creation of bridges between small gaps without creating supports.

Using the new version I printed a model with a 3mm hole on a vertical wall, usually a small support was printed inside the hole, with the new version nope

That is pretty cool!  This is good for small holes that would have gotten support before but then would be difficult to remove even though it wasn't really needed.

Still rather see Wifi implemented first, as well as a slew of other features.

Yeah, what happened to the wifi?  Will that be in the next firmware update?  There should be a FW update to go along with this major software update.

Yeah, what happened to the wifi?  Will that be in the next firmware update?  There should be a FW update to go along with this major software update.

I'm hoping it's not too far behind...

The issue (at least for me) isn't that it won't do smaller, it's that it won't reliably do infill from 1~2.5mm, and it waits for a part to be thick enough to do zigg-zagg instead of just doing multiple shells which would be higher strength, look nicer and ever print quicker with less wear since it's smooth travel. Extremely aggravating, and it could be fixed with something as simple as number of shells option. 

But I would really appreciate a single wall setting, and since it can print support at this thickness I see no reason it couldn't do it for a part. 

Agreed! This needs to be addressed. I recently printed a thin walled part on the UP and M200 and the UP created a solid part, where the M200 part was essentially 2 thin walls with a gap in between. 

Just started with the V1.0, and it seems just a bit deeper than a pure facelift. I really do like the interface now; it's very slick/clean, and I love how nicely the models and paths (light support and now infill - kudos!) are shown (very 3d-ish). And there are other areas I see improvement in as well such as model loading and slicing times (BIG improvement here for high mesh densities - good job Z!), and horizontal features under some set size won't have support generated. But the number one thing I was waiting for has failed to materialize - thin wall improvements. I have lost track of the time I have spent going back and forth between CAD and z-ware trying to get walls to print as close as I can to how I want them. Come on Z-Team, I know you can do it. 

Hi Z-Members,

Could someone take a look at this issues, I hope this is the right thread for me to post it here.

There is seem a bit issues, when i'm about to print aerofoil design. Can someone help me?

I have already tried with several print settings, but the result is still not what it should be.

aerofoil_001.png

after print

aerofoil_002.png

Thank you.

Can you post STL? Looks like file might have errors.

Well, not really the right thread, but I think we can still help.  ;)

Like kyle said, that strikes me as being a corrupted STL file - try Netfabb (online or 'basic' for local on you PC) or my personal favorite, Meshmixer. Either of these should be able to show you if it's the file. If you post the STL we could also take a look at it for you. 

Try making a post over here to continue the discussion. 

I'm really happy with 1.00 so far.

I don't really care about the interface as I was able to operate the old one fine, but all the same it is slicker.

What I am much more interested in is the fact that the platform not heating issue hasn't happened since upgrading, the "heavy bump" when the nozzle first calibrates against the platform also hasn't happened (I always clean the tip/contact plate), and the raft layers have so far applied just perfectly, which hasn't always happened in the past.

I did a large print of a bunch of parts today in 0.19, and they came out very nice indeed. Support removal absolutely perfect.

Also noticed the second run around the outside of the raft, to help prevent lifting.

Of course if this upgrade had nothing to do with that, I'm just lucky lol.

I think they've remained focused on print quality not bling, and that's what I want at this stage.

I definitely want wifi, but am more happy that some of the glitches that were happening are gone.

I actually want the auto shut off more than wifi, if I could only have one.

I would REALLY like to see some hardware changes more as well....single quick connect plug to the print bed, SD slot horizontal and outside and protection against swarf falling into the Z axis bearings. These things are actual design faults that need looking at IMHO.

I think this upgrade is a measured response to issues that have arisen in the past.

Anyone from Zortrax staff care to explain how this automatic bridging works?

Some support structures were hard to remove from small vertical and horizontal holes. After update, if there is a possibility Z-Suite will create small bridge that replace support structure in such places without impact on dimensional accuracy. It reduces printing time, filament usage and postprocessing time.

Bridges also will generate when “no support” option is set (that is still not recommended).

Please also note that we are waiting for your feedback about new release - pleas use bug tacker to help us fixing any issues that you can see as soon as possible.

it would be useful to know the logic behind the new auto bridge algorithm, what is the area threshold used to classify an unsupported bridge, min/max distances etc. ty

so far everything is just fine. Ofc time is needed to get used to the new very minimal style and the new position of some buttons/critical info etc

@Kyle @LabRat I have tried to open the .stl file with online stl viewer and it is ok.

So, I decided to print the .stl file on other computer which still have Z-Suite 0.0.9.6, and the result is nice, as it should be.

aerofoil_003.png

@Kyle, here is the .stl file in Google Drive

it would be useful to know the logic behind the new auto bridge algorithm what is the area threshold used to classify an unsupported bridge, min/max distances etc. ty

Maximal distance for bridge length vary from the material and layer thickness but generally is not longer then 10mm. Logic behind it is much more complex and we don't want to tell more about technical details as that are not important for average user anyway.

@ariffinastute , please start new problem in bug tracker here http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/tracker/project-1-z-suite/ , we will check what is wrong in this case.

Alright @Filip Kowal

Thank you  :)

Two minor complaints; the text and buttons are now annoyingly small, and the layer height drop down box partially covers the speed setting. I’ll post details in bug tracker later once I get home.