• Improves the split object menu
  • Adds measurements in millimeters in the resize menu
  • Adds mirror flips in the rotate menu
  • Allows exporting split models as separate files
  • Improves model rotating
  • Improves support generating
  • Improves calculation of the printing time
  • Fixes not working shortcuts
  • Adds information on firmware update (when available)

[url=https://zortrax.com/stories/news/z-suite-1-8-update-available-download-heres-whats-new/]More detailed info[/url]

Windows download 

OSX download

The new preview controls are very nice! Maybe that menu should be be renamed "Print Preview" instead of "Pause", since it now does much more than pause.

A slightly more higher-contrast color for the seams might be good or user-selectable colors for the various features.

cool

some support creation issues though...

Indeed. Wonder if this is a display bug or if it's really creating large gaps in the support...

havent tried to print such models, but i think that on the models i saw this, i am under the impression that the material consumption was less than expected

Hello!

Problem support creation

A finish not smooths above, because a long surface not support, i believe…

the separate components of a .zcode preview, it’s very good :slight_smile:

Picture 2 : ZSuite 1.7.2.1

Picture 1 and 3 : Zsuite 1.8  Useless to continue the printing of the second color.

Sorry, English not so nice

2.JPG

3.JPG

1.jpg

After some deeper analysis, I'm confident to say the issue depicted above is not just a display bug. The support is actually missing.

+2 on cool update  Really like the seam view, mirroring, and ability to remove various print features from view. :)

some support creation issues though...

Issue with support lite option. When I turn it off, the supports appear to be ok.  (edit bridges missing http://imgur.com/a/gkVmN)

The new preview controls are very nice! Maybe that menu should be be renamed "Print Preview" instead of "Pause", since it now does much more than pause.

A slightly more higher-contrast color for the seams might be good or user-selectable colors for the various features.

Agree with both.

A small change in color might help

They are confirmed bug ? so … you must use version 1.8 ? or earlier ?

however, it is important to this version,

It means that there is a desire for development !!! thank you !

Zortrax strengths !!!

Same problem here - support error (no problems with the same model on previous version).

Same problem here - support error (no problems with the same model on previous version).

Try turning off support lite for now (edit bridges missing http://imgur.com/a/gkVmN).

I'm also getting the support lite visual bug error show up. Not sure if it actually prints this way, since I haven't test a print with it.

ErrorSupport.PNG

I'm also getting the support lite visual bug error show up. Not sure if it actually prints this way, since I haven't test a print with it.

attachicon.gifErrorSupport.PNG

Can you get me STL and desired settings, please?

Have you modified how the auto fan profile calculates in this release? 

attachicon.gifErrorSupport.PNG

Yes support are printed like in Z-Suite, I'd got the problem, you could avoid it by unchecking support lite.

Also this new support shape (not smooth closed surface) is generating a lot of vibration => Asking for the mechanics wear??

I second that it looks like there is an issue with the auto fan profiles (in addition to the support lite bug).

The fan seems to be oscillating between 100% and e.g. 20% in certain height sections. Never observed this with previous versions

I second that it looks like there is an issue with the auto fan profiles (in addition to the support lite bug).

The fan seems to be oscillating between 100% and e.g. 20% in certain height sections. Never observed this with previous versions

Yep I've heard the fan randomly spinning up for no reason and had the support bug on the very first part i tried with 1.8

22605665.jpg

Hi guys,

First of all, congrats for the new update. I believe it packs a bunch of very useful features that we expected to see in Z-Suite. Unfortunately, I will subscribe to those who have support issues. Let me walk you through what I did:

1. I decided to print the new upgraded top cover by Zortrax (http://library.zortrax.com/project/extruder-top-cover/) and loaded the file from within Z-Suite, Library tab. You can find the settings I wanted to print with in the first image.
  2. I went through with those settings generating a preview of the build for just one piece of the cover. All looks and probably prints well.
  3. Added the second piece of the top cover and with the same settings generated the print preview. Now it seems layers are missing from the preview but it turns out that this won't print properly either. I had to stop it when it reached the missing layers because it was failing. See image number two for details.

Turning off the support lite feature seems to be fixing this issue though (image number three) I think I speak for everyone that we'd prefer to have them both working. There are cases and materials when support removal is harder with standard supports and the lite counterpart is absolutely necessary.

Anyway, let us know if we can help you get to the bottom of this. Thanks!

print-settings.png?psid=1

print-preview-two-piece.png?psid=1

print-preview-one-piece.png?psid=1

I did another quick test regarding the fan speed oscillations. Compared a 3DBenchy sliced in 1.7.x with one sliced in 1.8.0. (Z-ABS, 140µm, medium infill, no support). It's quite visible that the base shape of the graph is the same but the version sliced with 1.8.0 shows heavy oscillations because the fan speed jumps up to 100% every few layers.

A more in depth analysis of the raw values shows patterns like this: 

100%, 63.5%, 100%, 64.3%, 100%, 64.3%, 100%, 100%, 65.5%, 100%, 65.5%

So the values 63.5%, 64.3%, 65.5% show slight changes as expected, but they are interrupted by 100% glitches (sometimes even twice).

I suspect some kind of numeric overflow resulting in a 8bit saturation or something like this.