Z-SUITE 1.8.0 RELEASED

Yep, same issue with support lite.

Also, I've noticed since 1.7.1 that during the first few layers of the raft the nozzle is clearly not retracting

enough, and is dragging across the previous (first and second layers) layers. Causing quite a nasty

vibration as it traverses. You can hear it, and if you place your hand on the build plate you can most

definitely feel it. It goes away once those first 3 layers are down, but it was not present in pre 1.7.1 builds

that I have used.

I've not seen anyone else post anything about it, so I'm not sure what is up.

Some features like the following would be nice.

* being able to scale the raft distance around parts. At present, if I have multiple objects it will create a

single connecting raft between them. Aside from wastage, it can cause pretty nasty lifting due to the total

surface area.

*being able to choose support lite locations after initial calculation. Some areas require it, others don't.

Cheers

Lewie

Also, I've noticed since 1.7.1 that during the first few layers of the raft the nozzle is clearly not retracting

enough, and is dragging across the previous (first and second layers) layers. Causing quite a nasty

vibration as it traverses. You can hear it, and if you place your hand on the build plate you can most

definitely feel it. It goes away once those first 3 layers are down, but it was not present in pre 1.7.1 builds

that I have used.

This can be symptomatic of poor nozzle-bed electrical contact. The bed ends up too close to the nozzle, trying to make contact, and the first few raft layers don't have the vertical space they need. Try cleaning the contact patch on the bed and your nozzle.

Thanks Julia,

They're usually quite clean before each print, but I'll double check it.

Cheers

Lewie

Support Lite no delight......... staying with z-Suite v .96  I do like the new features but will wait for more fixes.  -db

zuite1.jpg

zuite2.jpg

Ouch !

Yes, and seams are totally wrong AGAIN. How are they testing this new releases?? With blind people?

Yes, and seams are totally wrong AGAIN. How are they testing this new releases?? With blind people?

It happens, especially for smaller companies.  Not really a big deal as the previous version is readily available. Probably last minute change or something.

Hi guys,

First of all, congrats for the new update. I believe it packs a bunch of very useful features that we expected to see in Z-Suite. Unfortunately, I will subscribe to those who have support issues. Let me walk you through what I did:

1. I decided to print the new upgraded top cover by Zortrax (http://library.zortrax.com/project/extruder-top-cover/) and loaded the file from within Z-Suite, Library tab. You can find the settings I wanted to print with in the first image.
  2. I went through with those settings generating a preview of the build for just one piece of the cover. All looks and probably prints well.
  3. Added the second piece of the top cover and with the same settings generated the print preview. Now it seems layers are missing from the preview but it turns out that this won't print properly either. I had to stop it when it reached the missing layers because it was failing. See image number two for details.

Turning off the support lite feature seems to be fixing this issue though (image number three) I think I speak for everyone that we'd prefer to have them both working. There are cases and materials when support removal is harder with standard supports and the lite counterpart is absolutely necessary.

Anyway, let us know if we can help you get to the bottom of this. Thanks!

print-settings.png?psid=1

print-preview-two-piece.png?psid=1

print-preview-one-piece.png?psid=1

Could you please re-upload images? thanks

Noticed regular supports (support lite not enabled) also has an issue after taking closer look. Appears to build correctly external of the model, but the the support bridge structure inside of holes seems to be missing (smart bridge off).

I did another quick test regarding the fan speed oscillations. Compared a 3DBenchy sliced in 1.7.x with one sliced in 1.8.0. (Z-ABS, 140µm, medium infill, no support). It's quite visible that the base shape of the graph is the same but the version sliced with 1.8.0 shows heavy oscillations because the fan speed jumps up to 100% every few layers.

A more in depth analysis of the raw values shows patterns like this: 

100%, 63.5%, 100%, 64.3%, 100%, 64.3%, 100%, 100%, 65.5%, 100%, 65.5%

So the values 63.5%, 64.3%, 65.5% show slight changes as expected, but they are interrupted by 100% glitches (sometimes even twice).

I suspect some kind of numeric overflow resulting in a 8bit saturation or something like this.

Is it auto-fan or fixed speed?

A written testing matrix and a beta-test team of advanced user (volunteers) before each release ..... need I say more?

A written testing matrix and a beta-test team of advanced user (volunteers) before each release ..... need I say more?

Was thinking about beta release as well.

Mark new versions on website as 'beta' for a week and see if users report anything major.

Then after a week, if no major issues, remove the 'beta' mark and push to Z-Suite auto update.

Fan oscillation happens with auto fan. I mean I said that in #16, but also the graphs in #16 and #20 show complex profiles that scream auto fan.

Is it auto-fan or fixed speed?

I would agree with the Beta tag. 

Especially considering how keen Zortrax are on making things easy for non-advanced users. I would imagine there are a lot of people who dont come anywhere near this forum that are a little miffed at the problems that crop up if they auto-update to the latest firmware. 

FAN is being set on 100% during certain layers to make sure pillowing effect is gone. 

Suggested long ago directly to someone currently present in this forum post. Even gave the names of people who it would be worth while to use for testing. Zortrax tends to let the forum float where it is and provides one person to monitor it. With everything I have to do on a daily basis I tend to not come in here because after two years it is the same running joke every month.

*New release of software* Bugs > Revert back to old software, Repeat. I have no doubt that the Zortrax is a great machine, but when I get a 300$ Cetus in the mail and compare prints with the same settings from my Zortrax . Well lets just say that my Zortrax is being invalidated. 

The only thing my M200 has over the Cetus is a heated bed, however that will not last for long as there will be an upgrade coming.

Lets also just take note that it has been 2 years since the V4 ribbon cables came out and Zortrax only now acknowledged the problem and released a restrainer to help prolong the life of the cables.

I told it somewhere else: same song every new version (a first like, then some complaints about things not working anymore, then the conclusion 2 years of sw 'development' without any step further).

Imagine what this means in cost! Actually Z could save this by just laying off the sw development. There are better alternatives available already, why not pay for or hire the Z-Hackers wich have working S3D conversion for the M200 already ?

To be honest it's not only a Z-Issue, other 'wannabe/ wannahave an own slicer development companies' are out there also.

Actually Z is the by far boldest one.

To be honest it's not only a Z-Issue, other 'wannabe/ wannahave an own slicer development companies' are out there also.

Actually Z is the by far boldest one.

I would counter that Raise 3D with IdeaMaker SW has shown massive improvements with minimal glitches in each patch. There are most likely others that are working just as well if not better than what we deal with. The thing is it only takes about 1 day for someone to find a glitch in the new software that renders it unusable for them. That is just not acceptable.

sorry for the off topic but is is sth that i wait for in each Z update and it is still not here. can u PLS fix the resize algorithm to apply to the current orientation of the model and not to the original position? am i the only 1 that finds it annoying?

to get back on topic, i cannot understand how they did not see this while testing the pre-release versions... i just cant...

To be honest, I'm truly disappointed with your reactions. No one (except Julia maybe) said a single positive word about implemented features you were asking for. I'm aware that Support Lite option gone bad but let be honest - its cannot be treated like 'blocker' since turning off that option allows to print without any problems. We are aware of that bug and we are working on hotfix, should be ready by the end of the week.

We will be back with beta subject definitely but its not that simple due to NDA requirements and I believe that not all 'volunteers' are keen to sign that kind of document. 

ps. Bear in mind that we are running out of 'numbers', we are on 1.8.0 already.