Z-SUITE 1.8.0 RELEASED

this has gotten so ridiculous Marcin...

Look at the pics that David Barwin posted, this is all what it is about, only this (results) count.

He had to waste production time and money (filament) to find out and he was not the only one.

Actually you are disappointed about the response of disappointed customers.

This is just disappointment of yourself, the job Z developers do.

... same song every version, since years!

this has gotten so ridiculous Marcin...

Look at the pics that David Barwin posted, this is all what it is about, only this (results) count.

He had to waste production time and money (filament) to find out and he was not the only one.

Actually you are disappointed about the response of disappointed customers.

This is just disappointment of yourself, the job Z developers do.

... same song every version, since years!

Are you a David's lawyer or something? Should I apologize you for bug in software? 

I don't want to start a war or something but I'm keep getting attacked from so many angles thats starting to be oppressive.

To be honest, I wasn't aware that so many people are using Support Lite option and as I said before - hotfix should be ready by the end of the week. 

For the most part Marcin, you should not be upset at us. We are not blaming the problems on you, you are our outlet. You are one of the only ways the users of this forum can get their word across. Unless you are developing the software your self you should be able to convey a problem to your team.

The problem is that the only way to run the printer without modification is to use the Zortrax software. This means that if a new version comes out and it is just as broken as the last one we are stuck with shitty looking parts. Some of us make a living on printing, some of us need models to come out looking the best they can. If we cannot get that then we will move to alternatives such as Z-Temp mods and software hacks. Some of us sell the Zortrax units and attempt to show what it is capable of.

Also as a side note from someone who does tech support all day for Zortrax machines as well as 5 other brands. It would not be wise to ask for thanks when the users find flaws in a matter of hours. All it does is try and shift the conversation away from the issue's we are bringing up. Obviously the group that makes Z-Suite does not try the SW on enough of a platform before shipping out otherwise we would not have these issues.

If I was to fix an M200 and ship it back to the customer, what response do you think I would get if it still had problems. I would get a very angry call from the customer and most likely my boss as well about what happened to the machine. Then what do you think would happen if I responded with "Well I added that new top bracket to the Zortrax print head". I dont even know what would happen but I do know it would make the situation a hell of a lot worse.

Take a step back and understand we are not insulting you, we are not pushing you around for the sake of it. We want a better product that works after each patch. I can come off as rough because that is how I choose to respond when I see something that seems flat out wrong or BS.

You have to be joking about the version number thing right? I cant read that as anything other then a joke.

One thing that is especially annoying about bugs in Z-Suite is that is doesn't allow you to choose an installation path if it's already installed. It just installs over an existing installation so you don't have any control to install two versions in parallel. Older versions allowed that which was far more convenient as you could keep a known working installation in parallel to the newest one.

The situation is worsened by the fact that Z-Suite now asks you to update in case the current version is not the newest one.

About the fan thing: I currently have neither the time nor the tools to investigate further, but I'm not 100% convinced that the implementation is correct. I.e. the 100% fan control commands occur mainly within infill or contour layers, not really closely related to VisibleTopInfill at 1st look. Besides, also drops to 20% occur in other printing profiles. See the attached profiles for an m300 version of the Benchy for normal and draft speeds.

Furthermore it's at least weird that the 100% occurrences in the previous example tend to happen twice. Like if the fan is already at 100%, why set it again to 100%?

Marcin, get yourself a small bottle of Rum and enjoy your evening - tomorrow is another day my friend.

I myself am over the moon your team implemented the seam and support hide options. Thank you.  

I'm aware that Support Lite option gone bad but let be honest - its cannot be treated like 'blocker' since turning off that option allows to print without any problems.

I added it to the bug tracker "Z-Suite Update 1.8.0" thread few days ago already, but with support-lite OFF bridging does not function correctly, see http://imgur.com/a/gkVmN

We will be back with beta subject definitely but its not that simple due to NDA requirements and I believe that not all 'volunteers' are keen to sign that kind of document.

I still think maybe consider marking new versions on website as 'beta' or 'release candidate' for a week and see if users report anything major. Then after a week, if no major issues, remove the mark and push to Z-Suite auto update. Lots of companies do some version of that and requires no nda, basically no overhead, and is beneficial to both company and end users. 

Bear in mind that we are running out of 'numbers', we are on 1.8.0 already. 

It's OK to go to 2.x.x :D

To be honest, I'm truly disappointed with your reactions. No one (except Julia maybe) said a single positive word about implemented features you were asking for.

That's not true, people really like the new features :)

The new preview controls are very nice!

cool

the separate components of a .zcode preview, it's very good :)

+2 on cool update  Really like the seam view, mirroring, and ability to remove various print features from view. :)

however, it is important to this version,

It means that there is a desire for development !!! thank you !

Zortrax strengths !!!

Hi guys,

First of all, congrats for the new update. I believe it packs a bunch of very useful features that we expected to see in Z-Suite.

I do like the new features

Z-Suite 1.8.0 will be a tremendous leap forward once these bugs are fixed and I DO appreciate what you guys have done to push this forward. Keep up the good work. 1.8.0 shows enough promise that I'm really hoping to retire v .96

By the way....looks like Control C to duplicate items is no longer working (Mac) version?

Kind Regards, - David

You have to be joking about the version number thing right? I cant read that as anything other then a joke.

Why is that? That was pure informational, not really related to main topic.

By the way....looks like Control C to duplicate items is no longer working (Mac) version?

CMD + C

Up to date shortcuts

Z-Suite 1.8.0 will be a tremendous leap forward once these bugs are fixed and I DO appreciate what you guys have done to push this forward. Keep up the good work. 1.8.0 shows enough promise that I'm really hoping to retire v .96

By the way…looks like Control C to duplicate items is no longer working (Mac) version?

Kind Regards, - David

had to miss most of them in the ocean of hate :)

I added it to the bug tracker "Z-Suite Update 1.8.0" thread few days ago already, but with support-lite OFF bridging does not function correctly, see http://imgur.com/a/gkVmN

I still think maybe consider marking new versions on website as ‘beta’ or ‘release candidate’ for a week and see if users report anything major. Then after a week, if no major issues, remove the mark and push to Z-Suite auto update. Lots of companies do some version of that and requires no nda, basically no overhead, and is beneficial to both company and end users.

Could you upload it to WeTransfer or any other hosting?

As for beta releases - I’ll try to find best way to satisfy both sides.

ps. lets continue there