Z-SUITE 2.3 BETA released

Z-SUITE 2.3 BETA is here!

We introduce the long-awaited infill patterns: honeycomb and octagonal. Take advantage of using them along with the corrected adjustment of infill density. Now, incresing the infill density by 10% has become more intuitive.

Additionally, we implemented a new option of moving a model. It’s possible to change the position of an object in both axes at the same time.

• Introduces new infill patterns: honeycomb and octagonal 

• Increasing Infill Density by 10% is now more intuitive

• Introduces a new option in the Move menu. It is now possible to move a model in both axes at the same time

• Adds new keyboard shortcuts (full list is available here: http://support.zortrax.com/z-suite-2-0-manual-meet-z-suit…/…)

• Improves naming of tabs and .zcode files: http://bugtracker.zortrax.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-213-file-name/

• Improves generating of Smart Bridges 

• Fixes an issue where the platform grid disappeared in the orthographic view: http://bugtracker.zortrax.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-245-table-grid-visibility/

• Fixes an issue with maximizing the program window while working on two or more screens: http://bugtracker.zortrax.com/…/issue-310-full-screen-on-s…/

• Fixes an issue where the already loaded models moved in the workspace while loading new ones

• The process of merging models in the Analysis step is now quicker. Introduces one progress bar for the whole process

• Improves the print quality for Z-ABS and Z-ULTRAT

It's available through autoupdater or through our website:

http://support.zortrax.com/downloads/software/?os=windows

Any estimated time of arrival on a Mac OS version?

We should be ready to launch the Z-SUITE for MAC soon. Keep up to date with the news.

Great, new functionality. I downloaded for the editable supports. I'm yet to print with it, but I'm grateful for the enhancements. There is something I would like to see added. I sometimes print models with captured square nuts or magnets. I place a pause just before the cavity I've made is capped off. It works really well, however dragging a percentage slider to the right position can be quite awkward, particularly on a tall model. Can we have a couple of buttons to allow layer by layer, up or down, through the model so a pause can be added at exactly the right position?

Left click on the slider, then use the up and down keys from the keyboard. If you use version 2.x, you can also input the percentage you want in the input box above the slider. I hope that helped.

It still moves it by whole percentage points which for a model with more than 100 layers (which is most of them for me) it will jump multiple layers. I need to be able to select a specific layer (just before the capping layer), which I can do using the slider, or as you mentioned, percentage decimal, but it's more difficult than it should be. If you were changing colour it would also be a great benefit to pick a particular layer rather than just being close to where you want it. I think a 'lay up', 'layer down' button is a fairly core function if you can add a pause or change material already, and pretty simple to add. 

Why is V2 still in beta ? what's taking so long ? or should I move to V2 anyway.

I have printed with this now. For the parts I made the results were a little more crisp than the previous version if anything. Give it a go. You can have both versions installed.

Great, new functionality. I downloaded for the editable supports. I'm yet to print with it, but I'm grateful for the enhancements. There is something I would like to see added. I sometimes print models with captured square nuts or magnets. I place a pause just before the cavity I've made is capped off. It works really well, however dragging a percentage slider to the right position can be quite awkward, particularly on a tall model. Can we have a couple of buttons to allow layer by layer, up or down, through the model so a pause can be added at exactly the right position?

Thanks for the feedback. The slider will be improved in the future and we will consider your suggestions.

Just upgraded to the new beta version.  Using M200 model.  Used to be able to do support lite but can't locate it now.  Seems to be impacting the file because it keeps coming up with "unexpected error" message.  No message when running without support but message when doing automatic support.  

After you have selected where to build support, it moves on to the print settings tab. Under the 'Support' section, there are options for smart bridges and 'Lite'

Ok, I found the support lite check box in the advanced tab features.  Evidently that wasn't the issue because it's still coming up with the 'unexpected error' message.  Not sure what else to try or what's causing the error.

Maybe your model has an error that isn't obvious?

Ran it again with normal quality and that seemed to do it.  Thanks for helping me locate the finer adjustments section!

Is there an option to prevent Z-Suite from "repairing" objects? If I import a model that should be printed in Shell, a model that has inner structure I want to have printed, those structures are gone after repairing.

regards

Andi

The copy and paste model function is significantly slower than version 1. Hopefully that can be improved in future updates.

The copy and paste model function is significantly slower than version 1. Hopefully that can be improved in future updates.

Really? I've just compared 1.12.1 and 2.3 and haven't noticed the slower process of copying and pasting you mentioned.

Dear,

it will be possible to have the commands of rotation, displacement and scale,

as in version 1.xx for greater speed and the command to return to the initial position (reset all) ?

best regards

thank you

001.jpg

Hi!

To be honest I don't find the rotation and the other features slower than in previous versions.

I'll see what we can do about the "reset all" button.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've just compared version 1.1 and version 2.3 with copy and paste. Version 1.1 took 2 seconds to paste and version 2.3 took 6 seconds. I find the object move and rotate functions similarly slow in version 2.3. With 10 or more objects on the platform, the manual object move and rotate commands are so slow I can't use them. I have to use auto orientate. Maybe this is something that is just affecting me.

Having said this, I so like the rest of the enhancements I can't image I'll ever go back to version 1.