Z-Suite® BETA V0.0.9 - future update information

Hello,

On the 29/30 September we plan to release a new Z-Suite V0.0.9 - below is a list containing information about changes.

- As the first in the world, we added the option cuts the model in STL format - more information coming soon

• Added Shell option - this option allows you print only walls without top and bottom layer of the model

• Added Mesh option - this option allows you print empty models, Z-Suite generate all walls but without infill

• Improved quality for the top and bottom layers

• Improved algorithm that generates infill

• Improved algorithm which is responsible for the gap between the infill and the wall

- Improved algorithm which is responsible for the seam - we aim to remove the visibility of the seam - still in test phase

- Fixed problems with generating zcode for some models which have been reported

• Fixed problems with removal RAFT and Support structure

• Fixed ghost surface

Best Regards,

Zortrax Team

Sounds great, If this improvements works I will definitively buy another Zortrax. The Infill problems were the only reason keeping me from buying a second unit.

Looking forward to it!

sounds almost too good to be true :-)

I can´t wait!

great!

Sweet! errr..how bout the feature to stop the print job properly without the need to switch of the power button? Or is it should be in the firmware? Sorry, i am not well verse with thing like this.

Sweet! errr..how bout the feature to stop the print job properly without the need to switch of the power button? Or is it should be in the firmware? Sorry, i am not well verse with thing like this.

The current firmware has this feature, but poorly implemented. You have to hold the printer button in for 10 seconds in order to abort or pause a print. 10 seconds is a very long time if your printer is malfunctioning (or even if it's not), and the abort function is not implemented (AFAIK) for other operations like load/unload filament, heat extruder, etc. There is no global "Stop All Now" function. Hopefully this will be implemented in the future when we have a proper PC-based UI.

Nice to see you are working people... :)

Waiting for the new software… :slight_smile:

The current firmware has this feature, but poorly implemented. You have to hold the printer button in for 10 seconds in order to abort or pause a print. 10 seconds is a very long time if your printer is malfunctioning (or even if it's not), and the abort function is not implemented (AFAIK) for other operations like load/unload filament, heat extruder, etc. There is no global "Stop All Now" function. Hopefully this will be implemented in the future when we have a proper PC-based UI.

Huh? I didn't know bout the '10 seconds button'.Thanks Julia and hopefully they will take note of the things you mentioned because even the open source software have it. 

Hi,

You think that it is possible to add information how much material left (length or cm3)?. It is hard to calculate if it's enough material for next print.
Regards,
T

I'd like to see the 10 sec pause/stop option reduced to 3 sec. Or possibly instant, if it leads to a confirmation screen, so as to avoid accidental presses.

Hi,

You think that it is possible to add information how much material left (length or cm3)?. It is hard to calculate if it's enough material for next print.
Regards,
T

There is a feature for this on the Up, but I find it is never useful to me the way I use my printers. You enter the weight of the spool when you change spools and then the printer tracks how much is used and warns you if there is not enough for any print job. I guess this is useful if you always keep the same color/material on your machine, but personally I change colors very frequently and having to weigh the spool and enter the number each time is a bother and I don't do it. Z-Suite does give the material requirement so if you are concerned you can weigh your spool before a print to verify if you have enough.

I throw this in there...  is it possible to have multi resolution (layer thickness) in the same print? 

I dont know what software and hardware might have to do in order to achieve this, but in my mind if it would be possible to do such a thing, it would be useful in terms of printing time and material used.

For instance if I have to print a human figure, I would want say 0.100 mm in smooth/larger areas (legs, chest) and 0.05 mm in areas with smaller features (head/hands/feet)

Impossible?

- Fixed problems with removal RAFT and Support structure

I've been having issues with this, nice to see a fix  ;)

:D  :)  :wub:  YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I have many things to be printed, so I'll wait for this new version

thanks for the heads up...sounds great !!!

New features sound great!!!

Looking forward to testing it!!!!

What I also hope for is that the warmup speeds are reduced or at least the cool down delayed.... I'm spending so much time just waiting for stuff to heat and reheat...especially when changing filament

I found small bug with new version. I cant delete (DEL or trash icon) copied parts (crtl+C) :/

I found small bug with new version. I cant delete (DEL or trash icon) copied parts (crtl+C) :/

Or move, rotate, or anything else... Good catch!!