Zortrax Announced New Printers

Look what I found. :o

http://www.spidersweb.pl/2014/10/polska-drukarka-3d-zortrax-krakow.html

Can anyone translate text under photos?

:huh: Hum... I will say

Pour les petits travaux et utilisateurs débutants une version améliorée plus petite de la Zortrax M200

Nouvelle génération d'imprimante M200  nouveau design, innovations issues de l'expérience des utilisateurs

Pour les entreprises de haute technologie et les services de conception une résolution et une qualité d'impression extraordinaire une technologie d'impression innovante

May be I should wait for a while before I buy my printer  :(

huh... Well, looks like there will be a smaller printer with different filament spool and different materials, this is dedicated to architects and designers. Then there will be the new M200, the old M200 (the actual one) will be still sold at a reduced price. Finally a professional 3D printer printing UV cured resins. A lot of be expected in 2015 from Zortrax that should have an IPO next year.

I just hope that the new M200 and the actual will still share the same technology and firmwares, since I bought my printer just a month ago, too bad to know that my brand new printer is already old...

I just hope that the new M200 and the actual will still share the same technology and firmwares, since I bought my printer just a month ago, too bad to know that my brand new printer is already old...

Perhaps somebody of the staff could answer to this, there 's also a topic for Zortrax News

Small one is in production as M200 evolution and the big one are still in development (prototype)

The small one seems to use chipped cartridges:

"Zortrax departs from the spool of wound material and replaces them kardriżami that will be packed with sensors.Thus, the user will have up to date access to information about the type of material used, the amount of residual material and its color. The printer will be able to tell whether the filament supply is sufficient to print the 3D model."

I really don't understand why printer companies think users are incapable of setting their machine for various materials. I mean, my food doesn't come with a chip to tell my stove at what temperature to cook it.

"Zortrax departs from the spool of wound material and replaces them kardriżami that will be packed with sensors.Thus, the user will have up to date access to information about the type of material used, the amount of residual material and its color. The printer will be able to tell whether the filament supply is sufficient to print the 3D model."

I really don't understand why printer companies think users are incapable of setting their machine for various materials. I mean, my food doesn't come with a chip to tell my stove at what temperature to cook it.

Lets hope it's at least priced like the current filament...

“Zortrax departs from the spool of wound material and replaces them kardriżami that will be packed with sensors.Thus, the user will have up to date access to information about the type of material used, the amount of residual material and its color. The printer will be able to tell whether the filament supply is sufficient to print the 3D model.”

I really don’t understand why printer companies think users are incapable of setting their machine for various materials. I mean, my food doesn’t come with a chip to tell my stove at what temperature to cook it.

Currently lack of chip delayed new materials for M200 for example if Z-Wood is used with Z-ABS profile it will clog extruder very fast same with other materials it need separate options for load/unload material additional messages and warning about loaded filament/zcode type and fate that customer do not used wrong profile, of course without IC now we can believe that customer know what to do with flood of warning messages but if something can be done simpler then why not.

Best Regards

Martin

I assume the current M200 owners still get access to the new materials in spool form with respective software profiles?

I would not find it acceptable to find out that I need to upgrade to the new m200 version to be able to print with the materials that were advertised in the specs for my “old” model from day one.

I assume the current M200 owners still get access to the new materials in spool form with respective software profiles?

I would not find it acceptable to find out that I need to upgrade to the new m200 version to be able to print with the materials that were advertised in the specs for my “old” model from day one.

New Z-materials for M200 will be available within few weeks (with respective profiles) current M200 is still and will be the most important for us if M120 coming then only as addition and entry level printer.

Best Regars

Martin

M200 is still and will be the most important for us if M120 coming then only as addition and entry level printer.

What is the road map ?

When will new M200 or M200+ be on market ?

Hello Martin.

I'm very much against an IC in every new roll of material.

There are simple software solutions to the "user error" problems that you mention.

- have user select the material profile (as they do already)

- confirm with user after loading the "model" on the machine.

- you could even have the first 30 seconds of warm-up/printing "flash" the material-type on-screen.

Baking in an IC into every single spool is totally un-necessary.

The only true advantage would be having the print pause when the filament has run out,

but even then... there are easier ways to add that feature to the printers hardware/software rather than creating a proprietary plastic-shell material-spool w/ an IC and electrical connection.

KEEP IT SIMPLE.

Proprietary spools are a total turn-off for me, even if the made-in-china cost is pennies.

Go ahead and start up a poll.

I have a feeling I'm not in the minority.

Thanks.

Currently lack of chip delayed new materials for M200 for example if Z-Wood is used with Z-ABS profile it will clog extruder very fast same with other materials it need separate options for load/unload material additional messages and warning about loaded filament/zcode type and fate that customer do not used wrong profile, of course without IC now we can believe that customer know what to do with flood of warning messages but if something can be done simpler then why not.

Best Regards

Martin

Not to mention that Makerbot has filed a patent application covering data-carrying filament cartridges (barcode, RFID, or other methods). The patent may not be granted, and if it is it may take a long time, but if and when it does happen, anyone doing it will have to stop (or pay royalties?),  possibly disrupting business.

Not to mention that Makerbot has filed a patent application covering data-carrying filament cartridges (barcode, RFID, or other methods). The patent may not be granted, and if it is it may take a long time, but if and when it does happen, anyone doing it will have to stop (or pay royalties?),  possibly disrupting business.

Wow It's crazy  :o

did they also fill a patent putting a sticker on a cartridge  :huh:

Not crazy at all. If they invented something that the patent office determines is novel, they have every right to a patent. Many novel ideas seem obvious after you hear about them.

Not crazy at all. If they invented something that the patent office determines is novel, they have every right to a patent. Many novel ideas seem obvious after you hear about them.

:huh: Hum...

but RFID and barcode are made for identification, so why get a patent to use it in the way they are defined to be used.

(I'm going to fill a patent to put RFID on my socks to be sure that right and left are on right foot ;))

Not to mention that Makerbot has filed a patent application covering data-carrying filament cartridges (barcode, RFID, or other methods). The patent may not be granted, and if it is it may take a long time, but if and when it does happen, anyone doing it will have to stop (or pay royalties?), possibly disrupting business.

We also have filled many patents in Poland/EU (including rfid) just in case if someone in US show his paper worth “patents” then we can show our in EU :slight_smile:

I remember that HP offered to sell old patents for 2d paper scanner etc. great deal to take control at all scanners in US… or maybe not :slight_smile:

http://h20229.www2.hp.com/hpvps/OnlinePatentSales.html

Best Regards

:huh: Hum...

but RFID and barcode are made for identification, so why get a patent to use it in the way they are defined to be used.

(I'm going to fill a patent to put RFID on my socks to be sure that right and left are on right foot ;))

The rules for determining novelty are well-defined and specific, not arbitrary. Makerbot's application is not for barcode or RFID, but for a 3D printing system that has the ability to recognize the type of raw material loaded, and adjust its printing parameters accordingly. If they can prove that they were the first to invent this, they are entitled to a patent. If the patent examiner finds that someone else did it first, or if it's too obvious, then the application will be denied.

If your sock recognition system is novel you could certainly try to patent it, as long as you file within one year of today, which is when you publicly disclosed it :)

Definitely americans have a problem with patents. I can understand many companies live about patents alone. 

So when are these printers being released? Is there a timeline?

June-july 2015.