Zortrax Announced New Printers

June-july 2015.

All machines at same time ? Including the biggest one ? Maybe someone who know polish language can translate descriptions

Hmmm, someone from staff mentioned june or july (I am not sure which one) on shoutbox.

would love to know the differences between the original M200 and the new version (if it is just a face-lift or if actual hardware changes were made).

^^

Me too, more than once I have purchased a printer and a new printer was released from the company the following couple of months.  I have decided to buy a printer from Zortrax, I just need to figure out the timing.  

^^

Me too, more than once I have purchased a printer and a new printer was released from the company the following couple of months.  I have decided to buy a printer from Zortrax, I just need to figure out the timing.  

Well you can't go wrong.. The M200 is a great printer!!

I've been told a "summer release" ( Northern hemisphere).

Apparently they will have wifi    :)

Back in the olden days when personal computers were new, a coworker wanted to buy a home computer but the technology was advancing so quickly that he kept holding out for the better one that was just around the corner.  After a couple years he was still waiting for the killer PC and missing out on all the fun.  There will probably be lots of major 3D printer improvements over the next few years, but the Zortrax seems to be one of the best choices out there right now for the user that wants to print project instead of fiddle with settings.  You might as well join in now and prepare yourself for the next wave.

Mike

Oh really? Because the front of my M200 says the same thing....  ;)

Back in the olden days when personal computers were new, a coworker wanted to buy a home computer but the technology was advancing so quickly that he kept holding out for the better one that was just around the corner.  After a couple years he was still waiting for the killer PC and missing out on all the fun.  There will probably be lots of major 3D printer improvements over the next few years, but the Zortrax seems to be one of the best choices out there right now for the user that wants to print project instead of fiddle with settings.  You might as well join in now and prepare yourself for the next wave.

Mike

Thanks for the insight, and I agree.  Zortrax will be my first closed source/propriety filament printer.  With my other printers I can change extruders and hotends, experiment with materials, and make it better myself as time goes by.  With the Zortrax, mods and third party filament will void the warranty,  so an upgrade will be $2000+ for a new printer, compared to a $100 newly released hotend.  Waiting until summer isn't that long, but I'd like to know what I would be waiting for

I totally agree with not waiting for the final end-all version before jumping in. I am now just waiting for the price to drop this summer. For me, the M200 would be enough, unless the new version has capabilities like the Mosaic system that can change filaments automatically mid print. WiFi isn’t that important to me, only a bigger print area would cause me to rethink getting the new version. Or if the new one can print down to 25 microns and use PLA.

M200 already has wi-fi, it's just not supported yet in the software.

i think i will have to sell off my printers and get the current M200, the quality i am seeing it put out is impressive. i would like to wait for the newer M200 however michaelhenry is right, if people wait for the next big thing you will miss what is in front of you. 

i think i will have to sell off my printers and get the current M200, the quality i am seeing it put out is impressive. i would like to wait for the newer M200 however michaelhenry is right, if people wait for the next big thing you will miss what is in front of you. 

I'm sure you'll get a good price on the M200, Michael :)

I'm sure you'll get a good price on the M200, Michael :)

no matter the price i can get, i always look at a printer as if i will pay full price,  and the simple fact of it is that we have had this one in the office for about 2 months and we have had not one jam or major failure of print. with every other printer i have dealt with i would have had to tear into then and fix them by now. even my modified machine had a filament jam yesterday... 

I know, right? It's like a breath of fresh air. Not that it doesn't occasionally need maintenance, but overall it's the best out there in the price range I think.

i would say it is the most stable platform i have operated, and i have the "pleasure" (in some cases) of testing quite a few printers we get for trials. i would gladly pay more that i would normally shell out for printers to have stability, quality, speed, and good software. 

as for this newer upcoming version, i think it will be for Drew to decide if he wants it. this version has everything i want. if Zortrax keeps on this quality it will be an interesting year to watch the market.

M200 already has wi-fi, it's just not supported yet in the software.

Yeah, I was being cheeky, now that the M200 has been out for over a year, and still doesn't have the wifi enabled.  ;)

One thing I have to say is that the New Generation M200 actually looks sexy…as much as a 3d printer can look anyhow.

For those who don't folllow the shoutbox. :ph34r:

72dmo0.jpg

14llemb.jpg

+1 to that