Zortrax Inkspire is here!

Folks,

I'm delighted to inform you that our latest product - a resin printer Zortrax Inkspire - has just been revealed.

It uses UV LCD Technology which is incredibly precise (pixel size 50 microns, layer thickness - up to 25 microns) and fast at the same time (20-36 mm/h).

The buld volume amounts 74 x 132 x 175 mm (2.9 x 5.2 x 6.9 in)

The device is perfect for people working in jewelery, art and dentistry.

Apart from supporting Zortrax resins, Inkspire can print with external ones as well.

Z-SUITE gives an access to all necessary parameters such as time of exposition to print with different kinds of resins (those which operate in wavelength 405 nm). On top of that, users are not limited to Z-SUITE, as Zortrax Inkspire accepts .cws format. 🙂 

Wanna learn more? Check the link below:

https://zortrax.com/3d-printers/inkspire/

As always, I'm available to answer your questions here or via PM.

I don't know much about the UV LCD Technology Printers.

Is there a reason for the "small" build size?

Zortrax should have definitive info, but from what I can tell these sorts of printers use an LCD panel that emits at UV wavelengths to initiate the resin polymerization process.  Resolution and print size are limited by the size of the LCD panel and the 1:1 correspondence between panel pixels and print "dot" locations.  It might be too expensive to make the panels any larger.

It would be nice if Zortrax detailed more how this model works with videos. :rolleyes: :ph34r:

These should clearly show the entire printing process : loading the resin into the Inkspire tank, showing the lifting of the printing plate, removing the tray, cleaning in the ultrasonic tank (how to fills and empties the tank that must contain water ?), how to clean the different parts of the printer after printing.

It's very important to see all this because I'm sure some users of Zortrax printers are unfamiliar with resin printers and how they work.

It would be nice too if we could see and appreciate the difference in quality between an object printed with a Zortrax M200 (or M200 + or Inventure) and Inkspire.

It would also be good to give more explanation on the resins that can be used because it's hard to know what kind of resin can be bought if you do not use Zortrax resin.

It would be nice if Zortrax detailed more how this model works with videos. :rolleyes: :ph34r:

These should clearly show the entire printing process : loading the resin into the Inkspire tank, showing the lifting of the printing plate, removing the tray, cleaning in the ultrasonic tank (how to fills and empties the tank that must contain water ?), how to clean the different parts of the printer after printing.

It's very important to see all this because I'm sure some users of Zortrax printers are unfamiliar with resin printers and how they work.

It would be nice too if we could see and appreciate the difference in quality between an object printed with a Zortrax M200 (or M200 + or Inventure) and Inkspire.

It would also be good to give more explanation on the resins that can be used because it's hard to know what kind of resin can be bought if you do not use Zortrax resin.

Axel,

Soon we will post videos at our Support Center where everything will be explained.

I'm going to print some model and share photos with you guys. :)

If you want to use external resins, you need to choose those which operate in wavelength 405 nm.

I don't know much about the UV LCD Technology Printers.

Is there a reason for the "small" build size?

We rely on high printing precision (minimum layer thickness - 25 microns), which naturally makes the Inkspire perfect for serial production of smart and complex objects.

The Inkspire is for makers who need to print small and precise models (jewelery, dentistry).

Given the purpose of use, I don't agree that the build size is small.

Thank you Marcin for the answer

I guess zortrax will develop other resins in the future ?

Guys,

Some pictures of prints straight from the Inkspire.

Very nice details on the smaller tower : but why is it not printed with Zortrax's basic white resin ?

In view of the details, can we imagine printing screws or nuts M2 or M3 ?

Very nice details on the smaller tower : but why is it not printed with Zortrax's basic white resin ?

In view of the details, can we imagine printing screws or nuts M2 or M3 ?

I will print some different things shortly.  :)  

it would be nice to present also "mechanical" objects that show the precision of assemblies, interlocking, screws, clips, various mechanisms, the resistance of the resin...

Axel,

I'm going to print some models shortly to show how precise the Inkspire is.

Pass me some models you'd like to see so I can print them for you.  :)

Hello Marcin,

Thank you for these images : very impressive.

I particularly appreciate the quality of the smooth surfaces that give the impression of injection molded parts.

I tried this morning Z-Suite 2.7 with the tray of Inkspire :

I took one of my small models to compare print times with the M200 and also multiply objects on the Inkspire board. Answers in pictures !

- 1 object with the M200 (layer 0,09 and 100% infill): 0h57 m

- 1 object (layer 0.1) with inkspire: 1h52m

- 18 objects (layer 0.1) with inkspire: 1h54m

With Inkspire, the impression seems much longer for an object but we notice that it is much more profitable to print many objects at the same time (1h52m for an object and 1h54m for 18 objects !

Perhaps a suggestion of upgrade in Z-Suite 2.7 for Inkspire: it would be necessary to be able to propose the direct multiplication of a model on the board:

example: I import 1 model and I ask Z-Suite to multiply it directly by 18 (maximum possible quantity on the board in this case)

It will be much simpler and probably faster than copying and pasting one object at a time.

Many thanks for the proposal to print one of my objects:

I send you by mail the stl files

M200-1.pdf

INKSPIRE 1.pdf

INKSPIRE 2.pdf

pdf to jpeg !

INKSPIRE 1.jpg

INKSPIRE 2.jpg

M200-1.jpg

Perhaps a suggestion of upgrade in Z-Suite 2.7 for Inkspire: it would be necessary to be able to propose the direct multiplication of a model on the board:

example: I import 1 model and I ask Z-Suite to multiply it directly by 18 (maximum possible quantity on the board in this case)

It will be much simpler and probably faster than copying and pasting one object at a time.

Axel, this option is already in Z-Suite, not only for Inkspire, but for all Zortrax printers.

Its even on Your photos, left edge of the screen, 5 icon from top, called Replicate.

As You said, its simpler and faster, add 1 item, add support and slice it, and then replicate it X times.

Indeed !

I had never paid attention to this menu at this last stage of the process.

Unless I’m mistaken, this is a fairly recent possibility: Z-Suite 2,6,1

Thank you for the information !

Thank you for the files, Axel! Here are a few pictures of the finished prints.

Guys, if you have any ideas what to print next, let me know.

P.S. The ballpoint pen is fully functional and it is being used already. ;)

Hi Marek,

Very nice work. :smiley:

The accuracy, sharpness and cleanliness of the print are remarkable. :o :slight_smile:

I see details that did not appear on models printed in Z-Ultrat and M200.

The lettering is also more finely realized and is therefore more readable

The holes of the wall “voronoi” are without any burr : splendid !

I am conquered by the visual quality because I can compare with my work. :wink:

Did you have to place supports for the ballpoint pen?

PS: thank you for the photos received by mail.

Hi Marek,

Very nice work. :smiley:

The accuracy, sharpness and cleanliness of the print are remarkable. :o :slight_smile:

I see details that did not appear on models printed in Z-Ultrat and M200.

The lettering is also more finely realized and is therefore more readable

The holes of the wall “voronoi” are without any burr : splendid !

I am conquered by the visual quality because I can compare with my work. :wink:

Did you have to place supports for the ballpoint pen?

PS: thank you for the photos received by mail.

Yes, I did set some support structures at the bottom, where the "Voronoi-style" part ends, just in case. :)