ZSuite 1.7.2 from the frying pan into the fire

I've only a question.

But ... exactly ... the "advanced setting" has a reason to exist today ? 

Can we decide in future the infill or u'll delete infill choise too to help noobs ?

Zortrax Team, there're a lot of advanced users that are not very happy about all this "remove functions".

I hope in future u'll come back about remove shell/top/bottom choise. I really hope.

Thank u.

Hmm, the "advanced" settings is really very basic. The "advanced" should be basic and a new advanced introduced with more control..support control for example..

Hotfix is online, bottoms are back.

Its not definite change but I would need solid reason to talk about reverting tops, give me something to start with, why do you need it in first place or simply you are complaining because missing option that you've used to have. Art for Art  

Marcin, It is important to be able to change the number of top surface layers to prevent "pillowing" on top surfaces when low infill is used.

Its not definite change but I would need solid reason to talk about reverting tops, give me something to start with, why do you need it in first place or simply you are complaining because missing option that you've used to have. Art for Art  

Well, many times even with high infill (where i guess the new auto code would opt for less top layers) we would pick max top layers as a way to increase stiffness to the item. So there are scenarios where we would manually put 6 layers and now we wont even know how many zsuite would choose

Well, many times even with high infill (where i guess the new auto code would opt for less top layers) we would pick max top layers as a way to increase stiffness to the item. So there are scenarios where we would manually put 6 layers and now we wont even know how many zsuite would choose

Really. That really pisses me off that's the case.

He Marcin, usually when i decide the number of the top/bottom layer it depends essentially from the object size and from the destination of the object (aesthetic object, job bracket, etc etc).

Thank u to restore the bottom layer, i hope the same for top and lateral.

We need top layers settings as well. Layer amount setting is not only for pillowing effect as you try to defend your "great update" on facebook discussion. There is need to look for the most suitable amount of layers because Z-SUITE do it wrong in lot of cases. Example on picture (splitted walls on new version).

I guess we have to use 1.7.1 version until you will understand it. Why don't you make "auto" option for layer setting for basic users and leave it to setup for advanced?

16195094_1833115286905362_26098726540391

You just making toy printer for kids with updates like that. Maybe in ZSUITE 2.0 there will be no settings at all at basic and 2 options "high quality" and "low quality"  in advanced.  <_<

I've used the option a number of times...most recently last week for a clients part where the top and bottom faces served as mechanical detents (wear parts). I don't understand the need to remove. Vote to restore function.

Wait..so top layer setting is gone?!

+1

I need to be able to control the top and bottom layer count.

The puzzling thing is that their slicer has around 200 settings and allows very detailed control of parameters for different areas like shell, raft, 1st model layer etc. but Zortrax obviously assumes that no adjustment whatsoever is needed compared to their test environment. I guess most of of us bought the m200 for its very good performance which usually doesn't need tweaking to get good results, so surely everybody agrees that it's great to have a proven default setting known to deliver good results with the selected material. Then again, there is aging of hardware and material, there are slight variations in part and filament quality, different environment temperature and humidity and last but not least there's an unpredictable diversity of model geometries which the default slicer settings can't all handle with the same quality.

So please Zortrax, we all welcome your work to create near perfect default settings but don't remove advanced options. Many users would actually be happy to get more of these options to e.g. modify retraction, allow at least a slight modification of temperatures, extrusion rate etc.

There is a way to both achieve great plug n play prints in the basic settings and let other users (most here) tinker with advanced settings, which I  really hope will expand.

I also like to use the option for additional layers on top/bottom.

That allows me getting infill structures less visible, as I could see by using Z-Ultrat Ivory with low infill setting.

My opinion:

Compared with open source, Z-Suite already offers not very much options. Well, that haves pro and cons.

But as I've done my decision for the M200, I thought, later Z-Suite would get more functions for increased versatileness ... not the opposite.

Just my 2 ct ...

FFS if u think that your SW RND has too much cost and the extra options may cause overheads in support costs etc, then make a PRO paid version of zsuite and give us the amount of control that S3D offers. We are big boys and we will take care, promise... but shrinking the already small control zsuite offers, is not going to help (us)...

Or they could allow (neither support or even endorse, just allow) an unofficial G-Code to ZCode converter so the adventurous users could experiment with a slicer of their choice (* duck *).

It looks as if the top default setting is now set at 6 layers which was the max setting on earlier versions anyway..

It looks as if the top default setting is now set at 6 layers which was the max setting on earlier versions anyway..

I just checked my last model in PCABS, 

1.7.0 will generate a max of 6 top layers, with 2 finishing layers.

1.7.2.1 will generate 8 top layers, with 3 finishing layers.

Marcin, It is important to be able to change the number of top surface layers to prevent "pillowing" on top surfaces when low infill is used.

https://zortrax.com/stories/news/z-suite-1-7-2-ready-download/

We need top layers settings as well. Layer amount setting is not only for pillowing effect as you try to defend your "great update" on facebook discussion. There is need to look for the most suitable amount of layers because Z-SUITE do it wrong in lot of cases. Example on picture (splitted walls on new version).

I guess we have to use 1.7.1 version until you will understand it. Why don’t you make “auto” option for layer setting for basic users and leave it to setup for advanced?

16195094_1833115286905362_26098726540391

You just making toy printer for kids with updates like that. Maybe in ZSUITE 2.0 there will be no settings at all at basic and 2 options “high quality” and “low quality”  in advanced.  <_<

Can I get that model (Zcode + stl), please?

As far as I can see, no one gave solid reason to restore it. Z-Suite now generates more top layers than you were able to put manually before, pillowing effect is gone. I’m trying to meet you half way but you are not helping at all - all I can see that you’ve got missing option. You’ve got now more top layers, which means better quality, stiffness, infill is not visible. Why would you like to lower amount of top layer for example?

As far as I can see, no one gave solid reason to restore it. Z-Suite now generates more top layers than you were able to put manually before, pillowing effect is gone. I'm trying to meet you half way but you are not helping at all - all I can see that you've got missing option. You've got now more top layers, which means better quality, stiffness, infill is not visible. Why would you like to lower amount of top layer for example?

Hi Marcin,

That was meant to be a positive comment, not a negative, after understanding the number of layers actually increased.