Toshiba FlashAir on Zortrax M200

Time to FlashAir report!

First of all merci Laurent et Julia for all tech support.

FlashAir working but put aside after firmware update, I had many file errors displaying. Back to the plain SD card.

As a matter of chairs it’s only rolling it 40cm back and turn 45 degrees to the right, put it on the Z and reverse the maneuver to get back to the iMac. I also could benefit as a super light workout : )

Great !

Actually, you still need to leave your chair to select the model to print :wink:

I am very happy with that card too; benefits may seem poor, but I’d miss it for sure now I’ve the habits of it.

Laurent

Hi,

So, if I understand,you began to have problems with the card after 0.0.7 firmware update ? (sorry, but sometimes I have some trouble understanding/writing English language)

If so, I'll postpone my upgrade.

Does other people experience the same kind of problem (e.g; file corruption) with this firmware (or an older one) ?

Thanks,

Laurent

Hi,

So, if I understand,you began to have problems with the card after 0.0.7 firmware update ? (sorry, but sometimes I have some trouble understanding/writing English language)

If so, I’ll postpone my upgrade.

Does other people experience the same kind of problem (e.g; file corruption) with this firmware (or an older one) ?

Thanks,

Laurent

Exactly. After 0.7 firmware.

(Your English is much better then mine. Certainly French too. But I win in Portuguese and maybe Italian : )

I was having transfer errors with 005 before upgrading I think. Z-Suite would take a looooong time to finish saving to the card and then the file would be corrupt. This is even after I moved the router close to the printer. Not sure what was happening but I've gone back to sneakernet too, no time for this :(

Hi

Thank you for your report. I did not experienced (yet) this issue, but I am going to update the first post to warn people.

Laurent

Have you tried saving the zcode file to the hard drive first, then transferring the file to the card, there may be issues with zcode generation that interrupt the file transfers process.

I always use direct save from Z-Suite and it works for me so far

I do not know what the Toshiba’s WebDab implementation is. I guess that’s not an Apache server with WebDav module, too much ressources for that I think, so maybe it is unable to handle concurrent accesses

I saw in previous posts some users put a value greater than 0 for APPAUTOTIME. According to doc, if set to a positive value, your Wifi will go in sleep mode after after this value in milliseconds , so it may take some times to wake up (I mean, it may cause timeout while uploading files)

I also got the FlashAir card but was mislead by the seller into thinking it is W-03. Instead I got the W-02 without WebDav and other perks.

I needed easy upload and deletion of files on the card. No use in keeping a lot of zcode files because the print menu will get cluttered.

This is my hack of the menu found on flashair developers website. Maybe it helps someone.

PS: it should work with all versions of the card (tested on 1&2).

Usage:

• copy archive contents to SD:/SD_WLAN/  folder (hidden folder)
  • access http://flashair/from your browser
  • have fun!

flashair.png

SD_WLAN.zip

Thanks for all the information on this topic! I’ve got my WiFi card installed and setup and works like a charm. Totally beats having to copy files and then manually move the SD card to the printer.

Just a short update:

Suddenly the wireless transmittter of my 16GB Toshiba FlashAir W03 with FW 3.00.01 wasn’t working anymore …  :blink: 

So I’ve put the card into my PC to check the file access (as SD card) and that was still working; but getting the WLAN functionality back working wasn’t possible to me.

Then I’ve done a FW update from v3.00.01 to v3.00.02, did the initial setup using the Toshiba FlashAir Utility v3.0.3a and modified the CONFIG file -> now my card is working fine again.

In short - FW v3.00.02 is also working (that was my concern).

But because the “special” setup for getting read AND write access via WLAN isn’t done in five minutes … that’s my working CONFIG file as an example (location: \SD_WLAN ):

[WLANSD]

ID=M200-FLASHAIR

DHCP_Enabled=NO

IP_Address=192.168.0.100

Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0

Default_Gateway=

Preferred_DNS_Server=

Alternate_DNS_Server=

Proxy_Server_Enabled=NO

Proxy_Server_Name=yourproxy.com

Port_Number=8080

[Vendor]

VERSION=FA9CAW3AW3.00.02

CID=02544d535731364740d3d3f879010b01

MASTERCODE=ec21e51dae69

PRODUCT=FlashAir

VENDOR=TOSHIBA

LOCK=1

CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG

APPMODE=5

WEBDAV=2

APPSSID=YOUR_SSID_NAME

APPNETWORKKEY=YOUR_SSID_PASSWORD

APPNAME=M200

DNSMODE=1

TIMEZONE=8

APPAUTOTIME=0

UPLOAD=1

UPDIR=/

That gives me read+write access to the M200 via \192.168.0.100, e.g. mapped as drive Z:

Note:

After the FW update (can be repeated), when you make the first time setup using the Toshiba FlashAir Utility (so with the card still inserted in your PC’s card reader), open Network settings in the utility and enter your own SSID / PW + enable Internet Pass-Thru-Mode (set the same SSID / PW ). I think that’s important, because I couldn’t get the card working like a network drive via WLAN, as long as the Pass-Thru-Mode was disabled.

Next: Open an empty text file on your PC, name it CONFIG. Use the listing above and enter your resp. SSID / PW next to APPSSID / APPNETWORKKEY and the IP you want for the FlashAir card next to IP_Address. Then store a copy of that CONFIG file in the card’s \SD_WLAN folder. As far as I can see, line endings must be CR LF (default DOS style), not LF only (UNIX).

When you’r happy with, put the card into the printer. If your local LAN is well configured, a ping to the card’s IP (IP_Address ) as well as a ping to M200 (APPNAME) should work perfectly.

Many information about the CONFIG options can be read there:

https://www.flashair-developers.com/en/documents/api/config/#EXAMPLE

Some more links in addition:

Firmware for the FlashAir W-03:

https://www.toshiba.co.jp/p-media/english/download/wl/updatetool02_w03.htm

Firmware for the FlashAir W-04:

http://www.toshiba-personalstorage.net/ww/support/download/flashair/w04/update02.htm

FlashAir Utility V3 (for FlashAir up to W-03):

https://www.toshiba.co.jp/p-media/english/download/wl/software02.htm

FlashAir Utility V4 (for FlashAir up to W-04):

http://www.toshiba-personalstorage.net/ww/support/download/flashair/w04/config02.htm

(my experiences are based on Utility V3.0.3a)

Thanks for the heads-up re the firmware update! Mine has never worked reliably - I can connect once or twice and transfer a file or two and then it loses the connection and it's difficult to reconnect. Hopefully this will help.

Julia, I had similar issues. Now I use an extension cable that puts the SD outside of the printers case and I never pulled an SD card since.

Extender cable fixed my wifi issues, works great! Unfortunately the printer won't read the card through the extender :(

Yesterday the WiFi part of my card did stop working again ... so again I was forced to flash the firmware followed by first-time-installation using the FlashAir utility + custom CONFIG settings.

Maybe the card gets too hot on the long run when using it in the printer directly; I've measured roundabout 35°C max on height of the XY motors, with covers on every side. Actually that's not sooooo much ...

Yesterday the WiFi part of my card did stop working again ... so again I was forced to flash the firmware followed by first-time-installation using the FlashAir utility + custom CONFIG settings.

Maybe the card gets too hot on the long run when using it in the printer directly; I've measured roundabout 35°C max on height of the XY motors, with covers on every side. Actually that's not sooooo much ...

Versuch doch mal zusätzlich etwas Murmeltiersalbe und Räucherstäbchen. Wenn nur genügend Zaubermittelchen und Updates/Flashs zum Einsatz kommen wird's doch bestimmt irgendwann richtig funktionieren!  :ph34r:

Extender cable fixed my wifi issues, works great! Unfortunately the printer won't read the card through the extender :(

I still use the old FW versions only (0.0.8), maybe the SD-Card handling is different / more sensitive in newer FW.

Today I reactivated my M200 (was not running for months) and tested the Flash Air access again: Absolutely seamless.

I connect to the Flash Air provided WiFi and upload files with the upload.cgi page.

I do not upload while print jobs are active.

I have attached a pic of my setup (extender is just hanging out of the case).

For the protocol: I'm using a FlashAir W03 (FW 3.00.01) for quite a while without problems (after initial setup which was a bit of PITA).

Just did some longer (7h) prints from it without any problems. Zortrax firmware is 1.1.0.

Versuch doch mal zusätzlich etwas Murmeltiersalbe und Räucherstäbchen. Wenn nur genügend Zaubermittelchen und Updates/Flashs zum Einsatz kommen wird's doch bestimmt irgendwann richtig funktionieren!  :ph34r:

LOL 

Wart' nur Bursche, Deine wird schon auch mal verrecken

;)

I see that Toshiba have a W-04 airflash card. Somebody have try this card ? What is the difference with W-03 ?

I see that Toshiba have a W-04 airflash card. Somebody have try this card ? What is the difference with W-03 ?

I'm also interested in the W-04 version.