Update suggestions

a couple minor updates:

- fix the screen "black out" issues when pressing rotary encoder button.

- remember machine "settings". (currently the only "settings" are lights) In which case the setting should be stored in the MCU's eeprom so that the user doesn't have to reset 'em every time.

I've built a large inventory of "print on demand" parts (100+) that all reside on my SD cards (since no wifi). It would be nice if the "Model" menu was intelligent and knew what the last model was I printed (maintained only since last power cycle) so the first selection on the Model menu was a dynamic "Last Printed" and I could easily start another of the same without scrolling and searching so much. Thank you!

Multi - Resolution prints would be an amazing feature, not only would it help optimize material usage but also help with those spherical objects!

regarding fan (fun for some :P) control now we have the ability to choose between full manual and full auto. Does it make sense for anyone else to also have 2 more biased auto settings? an low-auto and an high-auto? which would keep the smart auto algorithm but at a lower or higher fan rpm rate.

there are models that we would like to treat fan power manually because of a certain part of the model but sometimes this fan settingmay be a problem for the rest of it, but a biased auto would give the desired fix (hopefully) at this certain part without compromising (very much) the printability of the rest of the model.

regarding fan (fun for some :P) control now we have the ability to choose between full manual and full auto. Does it make sense for anyone else to also have 2 more biased auto settings? an low-auto and an high-auto? which would keep the smart auto algorithm but at a lower or higher fan rpm rate.

there are models that we would like to treat fan power manually because of a certain part of the model but sometimes this fan settingmay be a problem for the rest of it, but a biased auto would give the desired fix (hopefully) at this certain part without compromising (very much) the printability of the rest of the model.

Just use Andre's manually adjustable fan shroud and you will have full control at any part of the print (except raft, because the software deosn't turn on the fan until a few layers into the part).

http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/581-fan-shroud-mod-with-fully-adjustable-airflow/?hl=shroud

julia

yes i've seen it, ty for pinpointing it again, it works beautifully but it also means that the operator should be watching over the whole build

Not sure if this has been suggested but as I have to leave my printer unattended for the day and can ask another person that kinda knows the printer...setup a que of prints with a pause to be resumed by user.

I'm pretty happy as it is now, but I'd really like to see some focus on the print quality more than heaps more features.

1. The twin walled tube...hope this is gone with the next upgrade, as it makes smaller cylindrical parts weak compared to the UP on exactly the same file.

2. Blobs...taken care off I understand, won't miss them.

3. Ability to use different infill in different parts of a print where additional strength is needed. This would be an excellent feature and really help with people manufacturing end user parts. Maybe a "click and pull" arrangement where you click on the point of the model in question, then pull out a sphere/boundary around that spot and be given a window for the desired settings inside that sphere.

Now THAT would be a game changer, would love that and use it often.

4. Ability to use normal SDHC cards of any type/size. Really having difficulty finding the "old school" SD cards any more, no one uses them.

It would be great to adjust the airgap spacing (infill) manually for those of us who wish to experiment and who need a tighter "weave" than what is possible now on the system.

The current “full” infill isn’t very different from the “solid”, and I notice about 1mm airgap square grids that I would like to reduce to 0.25mm or less for greater strength.

I’d like to be able to adjust the tightness of the weave to get denser or looser fills - if it were doable using a slider instead of presets, you can have parts of the slider “locked” for advanced users only while the normal presets can still be snapped to for everyone else.

Yes, I think it would be nice to have a “100% full” infill too, but not necessarily for “greater strength” because a framework or latticed structure is typically the strongest, on the same principle of why a tube is stronger than a bar (based on having more surface area).

I would like to have “100% full” when using z-glass, especially for right now for a lid for a r&d mechatronics project, so we can see all the spur-gears working.

However, with a 0.4mm nozzle diameter, I believe a “100% full” layer would need to be in increments of 0.4mm’s, which would cause dimensional inaccuracies and probably create new z-suite writing challenges.

I’m told that the thinnest wall thickness is 0.8mm, because each feature needs an inner & outer path. So a 1.1mm wall would naturally have a 0.3mm gap, because the its smaller than the nozzle didiameter.

So a “100% full” may not be possible, but for maximum strength I think a thick framework is better anyway :slight_smile:

Does/should Z-Suite calculate the squashed single path, which would be more than 0.4mm?

…I’ve just noticed that on the M200 spec sheet that the Wall Thickness is “Minimal 400 microns, Optimal 800+ microns”.

This is contradictory to the Support advise I was given, saying it was 0.8mm (see above).

Please can someone clarify.

The theoretical minimum is 0.4 due to nozzle orifice size, but the software seems unable to actually handle single-layer walls; they still print two layers just one right on the other. Hopefully this is improved in the feature.

The theoretical minimum is 0.4 due to nozzle orifice size, but the software seems unable to actually handle single-layer walls; they still print two layers just one right on the other. Hopefully this is improved in the feature.

This is how models are designed and how CAD world working in CAD design do not exist such of thing as single line which created wall - not line thickness define wall thickness but space between two lines.

Best Regards

Martin

another proposal. after training some guys (really beginners) on their new m200s, i realised that there could be an improvement on the visualization of the pause routine on z-suite, mainly for those that need a extra visual boost as a help

now we have a red color marking the last layer just before the pause. could there be a mode on which when a pause was programmed, the whole model would change color after the pause layer? so multiple pauses would end up in a multicolor preview of the model, not just several red lines.

another proposal. after training some guys (really beginners) on their new m200s, i realised that there could be an improvement on the visualization of the pause routine on z-suite, mainly for those that need a extra visual boost as a help

now we have a red color marking the last layer just before the pause. could there be a mode on which when a pause was programmed, the whole model would change color after the pause layer? so multiple pauses would end up in a multicolor preview of the model, not just several red lines.

Hello there voudas,

Thanks for your questions and suggestions! I will pass them to our tech guys responsible for the Z-suite and they will definitely conisder them during the beta tests.

Best,

Chris

I would like to see raft options . like a staggered raft that is not continuous solid like the current raft. i would love to place pads, or circles in desired user picked positions under part.

the solid raft for some parts is a disaster to get parts off.

I'm not sure if the M200 comes with a built in buzzer, but it could be helpful if (user configurable) the printer was able to beep at the end of a print job...

I would also like to suggestion after a job, after 30 minutes idle, the printer actually shuts down the fan and lights.  I start jobs in the evening and in the morning the fan is still running and the lights are on.  Maybe not an issue, other than unnecessary wear and tear on the fan - but maybe based on internal temperature, the fans could shut down...?

If it hasn't been said already, I would really like 10% increments in the manual fan settings.

Multiples of 20% are a bit broad for me, I'd like to be able to select 30%, 50%, etc as well.

That couldn't be hard to do?

Unsure if this has been said before but a clean nozzle option when printing would be handy. I would like to be able lower the platform so get my hand in to clean the nozzle properly.