Update suggestions

If it hasn't been said already, I would really like 10% increments in the manual fan settings.

Multiples of 20% are a bit broad for me, I'd like to be able to select 30%, 50%, etc as well.

That couldn't be hard to do?

Unsure if this has been said before but a clean nozzle option when printing would be handy. I would like to be able lower the platform so get my hand in to clean the nozzle properly.

Every update is really great - loving it.  Here are some more ideas.

Z-Suite enhancement:

It would be nice to have keyboard shortcuts for navigating the 3D space.  Something like Alt+click and drag to rotate.  Alt+Ctrl+click and drag to pan.  Alt+Shift+click and drag to zoom.  I'm on Mac, but this could make navigating 3D space just a bit more efficient.

Firmware and Z-Suite enhancement:

As mentioned earlier, it would be nice to see a time to finish on the M200.  This could be achieved by saving the time for the print from Z-Suite in the .zcode file.  The printer (firmware) then uses this estimation to show an "Approximate time to finish using the percentage as a divisor".  So the printer shows something like:

82% (approx. 7 mins to complete).  It doesn't have to be exact science - just an estimation.

---

Z-Suite Costing enhancement:

Finally, this is really not necessary, just something I thought of would enhance the quick costing/calculator feature.  It could be quite helpful as a quick costing tool to be able to configure the "Cost per Hour" in addition to the "Cost per gram/spool".  Once saved, the software remembers your costs and automatically estimates a cost.  When the toolpath is generated and the time and filament usage are shown at the bottom, additionally it shows the "Estimated cost of the print".  This will be a quick way to cost your prints more accurately (not just material) without doing external calculations.

It would be handy to have the ability to raise parts in the Z direction. If you build multiples of parts the larger flat surfaces get printed at the same time, if they can be staggered it would help to keep part temperatures up and have less warping and other related issues.  

Also can you build a hour meter in the the firmware so we can keep track of the hours the machine as clocked up for maintenance purposes.

Also can you build a hour meter in the the firmware so we can keep track of the hours the machine as clocked up for maintenance purposes.

I'm sure this is already implemented, the counter just has to be exposed to the user in the firmware menu.

Hi, I am not sure if somebody has already suggested it (I am sorry but ai didn't read 5 pages of thread, but only the 3 first ones). 

I think that should be very useful if the long filenames could be displayed completely (some kind of horizontal scroll). Sometimes I have the same part with different print settings, and these settings are identified by means of any word or letter at the end of the filename and, sometimes, it is not visible. 

Hi, I am not sure if somebody has already suggested it (I am sorry but ai didn't read 5 pages of thread, but only the 3 first ones). 

I think that should be very useful if the long filenames could be displayed completely (some kind of horizontal scroll). Sometimes I have the same part with different print settings, and these settings are identified by means of any word or letter at the end of the filename and, sometimes, it is not visible. 

That would be a great enhancement.

+1 on displaying all of the long file names.

If it hasn't been said already I'd really like to see a larger/looser infill setting, just to save time and plastic on larger ornamental prints.

On S3D I can use just 8% infill and the squares are almost 1cm across with no adverse effects.

Can we have that please Zortrax?

Hello Zortrax Team !

Also the manual Support Remove-Function in S3D is very important !

Thank you !

So many suggestions and so many "improvements"! 

I miss the simplicity when it ran just right. Now with the last update it seems I have to exit out Zsuite and restart it if I want to do different configurations like the program acted in the beginning.

Before this last update, I was able to load model after model and generate zcodes but now it will freeze up between 1-3% and hang. Sometimes it will great if you give it a few minutes but thats crazy cause when restarting, it generates right away.

As I said before all the "additions", simplicity works. I still don't understand why the heck we need a calculator in the program. Ugh!

But ohwell, hopefully next update will be back to the way it works right.....hopefully.

But by all means,  keep asking for all the bells and whistles

Great job on Z-Firmware 1.00.... I absolutely love it. My one feature request (from a production stand-point where I print a lot of the same item....one after the other) would be the ability to print another of the last job without having to go back to the models screen and scroll down through my large volume of products. I'm literally wearing out my scroll knob to select the same job I just printed.

Keep up the good work!  -db

I don't know if this has been mention before, it probably has, but things that I can do on my makerbot rep2 that I would love to be able to do and my M200 would be:

Cancel print

Cancel Material load and Unload

Pause/Resume print

Change filament during print

I don't know if this has been mention before, it probably has, but things that I can do on my makerbot rep2 that I would love to be able to do and my M200 would be:

Cancel print

Cancel Material load and Unload

Pause/Resume print

Change filament during print

You can do all of this. Just press and hold the front panel button. Under firmware 1.0 the printer will beep and then you can let go; the print will pause a few seconds later. Under older firmware you just hold until it pauses. After the printer pauses you will get a menu allowing you to do all of the things you mention.

You can't cancel a material load or unload can you, other than cycling power to the printer?

Ah, sorry, I didn't read carefully. Mike is correct - load/unload can't be cancelled.

Ah, sorry, I didn't read carefully. Mike is correct - load/unload can't be cancelled.

yes it can, try it out now with 1.0. That or my machines have a bonus defect!

yes it can, try it out now with 1.0. That or my machines have a bonus defect!

I'll be darned - you're right!  They've added a way to interrupt filament load/unload.

You can do all of this. Just press and hold the front panel button. Under firmware 1.0 the printer will beep and then you can let go; the print will pause a few seconds later. Under older firmware you just hold until it pauses. After the printer pauses you will get a menu allowing you to do all of the things you mention.

THANKS!